Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's allot of fun, wth is the problem?

xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854

Great game, and tbh never heard of this one until i saw it on steam. Grabbed it and been hooked ever since. Not sure why some reviews are so damn hard on it. Glad i didn't read any reviews or i may have passed on this one and that would be a shame for all the fun i'm having.

So i have to ask wth is wrong with people, they against having fun or something?

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Husvik

Great game, and tbh never heard of this one until i saw it on steam. Grabbed it and been hooked ever since. Not sure why some reviews are so damn hard on it. Glad i didn't read any reviews or i may have passed on this one and that would be a shame for all the fun i'm having.

So i have to ask wth is wrong with people, they against having fun or something?

The game has undergone change since it was in it's early closed alpha / beta 2012, most of the veteran players gave up on the game due to the new change it has gone through in 2014 (leaving a more sandboxy style mmo and going to a themepark style now).

Newer players that are seeing this game for the first time are enjoying themselves, so you'll have a mixed bunch of players in game.

I am once again playing the game and found out that my other friends were playing it as well on a down low (guilty pleasure) until STEAM introduced it on their website. We definitely see a flux in newer players coming aboard and the zone chat can be very busy at times now as well in certain areas (especially thumping in high ore areas).

I restarted and relearning this game over a month now and still figuring new things as I go, but I definitely think I found a game to give me and my friends some time until the next big mmo comes out, but for now, going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

The game may not be for everyone, but those whole like a mmo with fps (with solo and group content) and also likes to team up and take down mission objectives together, check it out, you may like it.

To me it reminds me of my experience with Tribes mixed with Defiance and a twist of RIFT / Tabula Rasa in game (as many times I have said this in my posts). 

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530

One reason I can think of ... it's been long in development. There is a lot of beta-burn on these forums and Firefall seems to have taken the top prize. 

I got into the Beta about 2 years ago and played on and off throughout the iterations. It used to be way more complicated with a learning curve that put off the general population. Since the early times, Red5 has gone through a management change and a push to make the game more palatable to the casual player. 

Take it for what it is though; I've enjoyed the released game and have become fond of the new direction.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

It is not a bad game.

It is just not as as good as it was two years ago.

I guess its kinda like playing SW pre-NGE vs. SW NGE. If you didnt play the first you probebly did'nt mind the second that much.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    As others have touched upon. There's a lot of butthurt from the "beta" players. I put "beta" in quotations because the game wasn't truly in beta. They had the cash shop open and were taking peoples money for over a year now. So with patch .8 and patch 1.0 and changing how the whole game progresses. They angered a lot of people who invested time and money into a game that was no longer what they enjoyed. I'm fine with the direction they're going, but can relate to the butthurts with several points. I've played on and off for the last two years. I can honestly say that I'm glad to sacrifice what's been changed in order for faster/better updates and increase in content coming down the pipes.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    My biggest complaint with the game is it went from being a crafting focused game to crafting is for suckers game. Just about everything else they've changed is something you can deal with, but what they have now for crafting is so far away from what they had. You can't even call it dumbed down. They just made it bad and pointless.
  • BreshaBresha Member Posts: 65

Last I played,there just wasnt that much to do..

Handful of different missions that would randomly spawn.

Thumping

Tornado

Dailies if you want to split hairs..

pretty empty game imo.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    My biggest complaint with the game is it went from being a crafting focused game to crafting is for suckers game. Just about everything else they've changed is something you can deal with, but what they have now for crafting is so far away from what they had. You can't even call it dumbed down. They just made it bad and pointless.

That was my thing, too. I enjoyed the crafting and thumpers, but the new changes have sucked the fun out of that for me. I also played it for a year, so maybe I'm just done with the game in general. Either way, just not digging Firefall anymore. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Bresha

Last I played,there just wasnt that much to do..

Handful of different missions that would randomly spawn.

Thumping

Tornado

Dailies if you want to split hairs..

pretty empty game imo.

Basically this. The game has nothing to offer beyond shooting mechanics and I get that from playing Planetside 2. Dynamic events? I'll go back to GW2

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Honestly, even though R5 set a launch date and they announced FireFall has gone live, it feels more like a beta -- no, more like an alpha then it ever did. Some will say that there is more land mass than there was in Beta and there is more to do. So, broken is broken whether it be a little broken or a lot broken and FireFall has no shortage of broke in it's current state. For crying out loud the launcher still says "beta-1793r0". Really!?

- But the land mass has expanded there's more area to explore past New Eden.

Sure, there is a lot of land that has been added but it is gated and does nothing to appeal advanced level players to come back around. As a level 40 I feel more confined in my little lvl 40 area of Devil's Tusk. I don't have time to go to the early level areas because I have to grind for stupid Powered Dark Crystite to push back the melding and open up the rest of Devil's tusk.

- But there's open world PvP in Broken Peninsula.

Ahhhhh, yea sure it definitely ranks the highest among empty world PvP in all the MMOs I have managed to get my hands on.

- There are over 110k red beans up for trade in the Red Bean market.

Yes, 104,000 Red Beans attempting to be traded at the lowest possible price and not being able to budge for two weeks on the Red Bean Market is a sign of a prosperous economy. I feel bad for people who spent money on Red Beans just to find that they are worthless with FireFall in it's current state. If R5 didn't implement a floor cap at 100 cr/RB it would be so much more worse.

- There's Hard Core content and two new Raids right now with more opening up when the melding gets pushed back.

Battleframe station, everyone switch to Raptor and watch everything melt. These so called Raids are more like dumb down versions of FFXIV:ARR Primal Battles. One person solo'd Baneclaw, that drew R5 to push out a global nerf to modules for ability cool downs the next day. Then he went back a week after his lock out and solo'd it again for shits and giggles.

In it's simplest form, between pace of shooter and mobility elements R5 got that one down since day one and that is truly the only part of FireFall that maintains that fun factor. There is only so many times a person with any reasonable amount of sanity can burn through job boards, campaigns, hard core modes and thumper sessions before they realize they have done it all a hundred times over. With everything else that's in FireFall, it's just meh because there are other games that execute it much better.

• jjddgguzmanjjddgguzman Member Posts: 16
    To each his own, I guess. :) I'm personally enjoying the game, that's what matters to me.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    I should consider myself lucky that i never heard about this one till now then, as knowing me i'd be here screaming from the butthurt beta-burn too, lol.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    I have been playing firefall since back when it was a sandbox with no levels. Honestly that was fun but quite confusing for new people. The rout they took though making it more theme park has also made it A LOT more newb friendly.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 516

You've only been playing it a week or two.

Most MMO's are considered a failure when they can't retain most players more than a month or two.

...so come back then, and tell us how "great" it is.   K?    MMORPG's exist to serve Social Role Play and replaybility.  You haven't reached "end game" yet on multiple frames.  So you have no means of judging how successful they were on that Metric.    Beta players were already at that level.  They saw how it was when that metric was actually being served as opposed to how it is now.  Go ahead and keep playing it if you're having fun now, but if your definition of a good MMO is only a disposable 3 week leveling treadmill that you pump and dump, then you're missing the entire point and that was the reason you didn't understand the  Reviews of professional critics.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by iller

You've only been playing it a week or two.

Most MMO's are considered a failure when they can't retain most players more than a month or two.

...so come back then, and tell us how "great" it is.   K?    MMORPG's exist to serve Social Role Play and replaybility.  You haven't reached "end game" yet on multiple frames.  So you have no means of judging how successful they were on that Metric.    Beta players were already at that level.  They saw how it was when that metric was actually being served as opposed to how it is now.  Go ahead and keep playing it if you're having fun now, but if your definition of a good MMO is only a disposable 3 week leveling treadmill that you pump and dump, then you're missing the entire point and that was the reason you didn't understand the  Reviews of professional critics.

Unfortunately iller it seems most mmo's now have about 1 to 2 months play ability (look at Wildstar for instance). Great game for those that like hardcore raids, however now we are discovering it to be a niche game player base as well.

We are definitely in a different age of what we call a MMORPG and as I stated in a prior thread, I believe any mmo is what you make of it. So many new mmo's now have had high expectations with the playerbase, only to find out that the game is a victim of pure hype.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

First off i have logged almost 40 days of in-game time between January 2012 to about some time last week when I decided to stop all together. To be honest it's the new people who are getting the dry shaft lubeless version of the game, more power to ya bud. Maybe one day you will get to do a /played in-game and see how many days/hours/minutes past 40 days you have wasted.

I don't consider having fun a waste a time. I'm really digging the game, it's perfect if i have a few minutes i can grab a mission, and if i have time a few hours pass by in what seems like minutes. Overall it feels good, plays well and it's a perfect fit for peeps with a life i find. Dunno it just clicks with me.

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195

I've only been playing a few days so take my words for what you will. For me the game is rather repetitive. Every quest involves going to a certain spot, kill some stuff, then get back and report. The story behind those quests is also rather bland.

Maybe it gets better later but that was the reason i stopped playing.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

The game is alot of fun. And with the last 2 mega patches its getting better. But what you have here is beta queens that don't like change. Red5 and all game companies need to make games that have mass appeal today. If the game stayed the way it was it would have become just another niche mmo. If your enjoying the game then do so and not listen to these guys saying how it was better before. What your not hearing is how the game lost alot of players in beta because that hated how it was. You have a small loud minority of beta players trashing the game. So if your having fun then good for you. Don't let anyone steer you away from something you like.

• jefflim902jefflim902 Member Posts: 11
    I don't consider having fun a waste a time. I'm really digging the game, it's perfect if i have a few minutes i can grab a mission, and if i have time a few hours pass by in what seems like minutes. Overall it feels good, plays well and it's a perfect fit for peeps with a life i find. Dunno it just clicks with me.

agreed, my sentiments exactly. I'm not quite a full on casual gamer, I do what I can to grab playing time here and there and in the small amount of time (2 hours a day maybe) I get to play, I can say I'm totally enjoying myself.

Originally posted by jefflim902

agreed, my sentiments exactly. I'm not quite a full on casual gamer, I do what I can to grab playing time here and there and in the small amount of time (2 hours a day maybe) I get to play, I can say I'm totally enjoying myself.

It's well suited for pick up and put down, and equally well for plant yourself and stay as long as you like.

At first the try your luck to me was meh, now i find it's the cherry on top of all the other rewards.

• Originally posted by jefflim902

I'm "casually grinding" Firefall and am quite hardcore in finishing just a couple of missions a night, too, haha

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436

potato tomato tomato orange... what is fun?

i personally don't like shooter style gameplay, so you lose my interest at the core concept of the game.

• katrjavikatrjavi Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by fardreamer

potato tomato tomato orange... what is fun?

i personally don't like shooter style gameplay, so you lose my interest at the core concept of the game.

perfect example of "to each his own", although agreed that this is not for everybody, but for the audience it should be attracting, it's been doing a pretty good job. :)

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

How can you say the game was better 2 years ago when the world map was infinitely smaller and compared to now there was almost nothing fun to do except thumping missions, kill monsters with lame AI or craft.

And before that the game only opened up for pvp matches style beta events.

come on and help me understand all this nonsense about the game being better 2 years ago.

• HumonculousHumonculous Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by jefflim902

It's well suited for pick up and put down, and equally well for plant yourself and stay as long as you like.

At first the try your luck to me was meh, now i find it's the cherry on top of all the other rewards.

pick up and play short sessions, story of my Firefall life.