Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar 40 Man Raiding - WORLD FIRST System Daemons Kill [ENIGMA] (Wildstar Raiding)

2»

Comments

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Dragnelus
    Gz, laughed when I saw a comment on youtube "world first, cause nobody plays it" Anyways good job, I think.

Haha this, theres hardly any competitive community.

• BossOfThisGymBossOfThisGym Member UncommonPosts: 34
    cool
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    At the risk of sounding like a lizard on the ceiling that is really frightening. So more games are going to come out like this with combat like this ? Action combat ? 

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Congratz?!?!?!?!?  Not a big fan of the combat but cool they have a "different" combat system from the normal tab target system. I do have to say after long periods of gameplay it takes a toll on your hands at least to my experience from the button smashing and constant movement.
  • KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by blubsterer
    Originally posted by Kangaroomouse
    Originally posted by TankYou88
    WoW thats pretty crazy. You can see all the movement and precision that is needed in this game. I use to be a hardcore raider, now just casual hardcore, and I dont feel like anything was that intense. Dodging in and out of different blasts. Looks really cool. Congratz to ENIGMA.

You definitely don't want to play FFXIV then, the Coil Turns (Turn 9 Video)  are the hardest bosses in any MMO.

So, you've raided in FFXIV AND Wildstar and you are able to compare them empirically? If so, would you mind to elaborate on the challenges that make FFXIV raids harder?

In any case, both games are fun raiding and this is not about which is BEST but simply about difficulty so keep that in mind.

----

Let's look at the empirical evidence naturally based purely on sensory experience:

I would say that the faster paced Wildstar combat is more action oriented and a little more forgiving in general. The fights look nice and effects and sound are decent. Basic dodging mechanics are in place, some additional mechanics on later raids but not very complex.

FFXIV has a little slower paced combat. Effects are more pronounced but that might also be because of the smaller groups and closer view than you have in Wildstar. Very complex mechanics in multiple phases and dependencies on each other.

Visual cues are more complex in FFXIV, not only red circles but also other cues like change of ambient effects in the arena.

----

Let's also take a look a the facts that FFXI has over Wildstar.

1. Rage Timers (usually called DPS check)
    2. More visual cues than just red circles and simple dodge mechanics.
    3. Sacrifices have to be made in selecting armor and food to reach required skill caps and still have enough DPS to win a fight.
    4. Multiple phases with changing mechanics and interdependent mechanics.
    5. Multiple Mechanics in the various phases that will cause an instant wipe.

----

It's pretty obvious that you have not even watched the Turn 9 Video i posted as an example because then you would understand the complexity of the raids.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Man I would like to get into this reminds me of all the fun I had in heroic Icecrown Citadel. Too bad this isn't 2005 when there were tons of guilds raiding 40 man raids. Haven't played the game but from what these forums say there's hardly any guilds doing 40 man raids. 
  • blubstererblubsterer Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by blubsterer
    Originally posted by TankYou88
    WoW thats pretty crazy. You can see all the movement and precision that is needed in this game. I use to be a hardcore raider, now just casual hardcore, and I dont feel like anything was that intense. Dodging in and out of different blasts. Looks really cool. Congratz to ENIGMA.

You definitely don't want to play FFXIV then, the Coil Turns (Turn 9 Video)  are the hardest bosses in any MMO.

So, you've raided in FFXIV AND Wildstar and you are able to compare them empirically? If so, would you mind to elaborate on the challenges that make FFXIV raids harder?

In any case, both games are fun raiding and this is not about which is BEST but simply about difficulty so keep that in mind.

----

Let's look at the empirical evidence naturally based purely on sensory experience:

I would say that the faster paced Wildstar combat is more action oriented and a little more forgiving in general. The fights look nice and effects and sound are decent. Basic dodging mechanics are in place, some additional mechanics on later raids but not very complex.

FFXIV has a little slower paced combat. Effects are more pronounced but that might also be because of the smaller groups and closer view than you have in Wildstar. Very complex mechanics in multiple phases and dependencies on each other.

Visual cues are more complex in FFXIV, not only red circles but also other cues like change of ambient effects in the arena.

----

Let's also take a look a the facts that FFXI has over Wildstar.

1. Rage Timers (usually called DPS check)
    2. More visual cues than just red circles and simple dodge mechanics.
    3. Sacrifices have to be made in selecting armor and food to reach required skill caps and still have enough DPS to win a fight.
    4. Multiple phases with changing mechanics and interdependent mechanics.
    5. Multiple Mechanics in the various phases that will cause an instant wipe.

----

It's pretty obvious that you have not even watched the Turn 9 Video i posted as an example because then you would understand the complexity of the raids.

Thank you for your detailed reply. I appreciate it very much. More so since I never raided in FFXIV (I played both, but raided only in Wildstar).

And you are wrong with your assumption regarding watching the video. I watched the whole thing without skipping once. I found it very interesting. But like I said: I never raided there. So it's close to impossible for me to evaluate the difficulty on my own. That's why I asked for elaboration in the first place. Seeing is not the same as experiencing, you know ;)

And regarding your facts: most mechanics you mentioned are in Wildstar as well (I'm not aware of any hard enrages, so that one is probably missing; but hard enrages are bad design anyways). So, I start to doubt that you really raided in Wildstar. At least not very much and/ or successfully. But in doubt I simply classify your statements into opinion. No need to prove here something.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to start a fight over the question which one's raids are harder. I couldn't care less about the answer. I don't play any of those two games anymore. I just wanted to find out if there are actually facts for your claim and try to understand the differences due to a general interest in raiding.

So, thanks again for your reply.