Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

best ingame footage ever seen, period

this title will be a revolution for PC gaming, and gaming in general

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by DocBrody

holy fanboy batman!

Don't be ridiculous.

Good luck getting planetside 2 levels of warfare with that Crysis engine ;)

..Cake..

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Looks ok although a bit clinical and the gameplay seems really slow and rather boring.

Wish it was more like F-Zero GX tbh, would be 10x more enjoyable.

Originally posted by sgel

holy fanboy batman!

Don't be ridiculous.

Good luck getting planetside 2 levels of warfare with that Crysis engine ;)

Who wants Planetside 2 warfare gankfest ? Not me

the shooter will be tactical

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

I don't agree. (With the footage comment, not the revolution thingy opinion of yours.)

That was probably the most anti-climactic ingame footage I've ever seen. Now granted, the person flying obviously wasn't that used to flying in a 3D space environment. Even though I'd reserve my judgement till I see better footage, the gameplay looks a bit too arcadey for my taste. It looks a bit slowpaced and too forgiving.

I really like the flying mechanics in ED, if they can come up with something that feels quite similar or even better, I'd be totally down for that. However as I said, I'll reserve my judgement till I can preferably try it out myself at a future date. (Waiting on the game to get a bit more into development/polish, maybe sometime next year. We'll see.)

Other than that, the cinematic trailers and teasers coming out from RSI are just completely and utterly breathtaking. A solid 10/10 on those, without the shadow of a doubt.

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674

I have to agree that this game has so far been all good in my eyes. I have tried the dog fighting and I think it's among the funniest flying I have played in any game. There are soooooo many that are sceptical to this game, but I am not one of them.

We will see.

Originally posted by Lorgarn

I don't agree. (With the footage comment, not the revolution thingy opinion of yours.)

That was probably the most anti-climactic ingame footage I've ever seen. Now granted, the person flying obviously wasn't that used to flying in a 3D space environment. Even though I'd reserve my judgement till I see better footage, the gameplay looks a bit too arcadey for my taste. It looks a bit slowpaced and too forgiving.

I really like the flying mechanics in ED, if they can come up with something that feels quite similar or even better, I'd be totally down for that. However as I said, I'll reserve my judgement till I can preferably try it out myself at a future date. (Waiting on the game to get a bit more into development/polish, maybe sometime next year. We'll see.)

Other than that, the cinematic trailers and teasers coming out from RSI are just completely and utterly breathtaking. A solid 10/10 on those, without the shadow of a doubt.

I think people should stop bringing up low budget wannabe "epic" space sims trying to freeride on SC´s success. I find any comparison to Limit Theory, No Man´s Sky, Battlestar Galactica Online or others a bit laughable and not really worth  commenting.

Obviously Star Citizen is a game in development and nothing is final to compare anyway. With 50$ Million+ in funds, probably 70$ Million+ at launch, it will be superior to anything else out there, that´s a no brainer. The trailers are just an early glimpse of what is coming.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I think people should stop bringing up low budget wannabe "epic" space sims trying to freeride on SC´s success. I find any comparison to Limit Theory, No Man´s Sky, Battlestar Galactica Online or others a bit laughable and not really worth  commenting.

Obviously Star Citizen is a game in development and nothing is final to compare anyway. With 50$ Million+ in funds, probably 70$ Million+ at launch, it will be superior to anything else out there, that´s a no brainer. The trailers are just an early glimpse of what is coming.

No Mans Sky is hardly low budget, its being funded by Sony and you can fly into and out of planets seamlessly also in it.  The planets will be actual planet sized as well and you can also land on them and have ground combat and other things. 

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 674
    Sorry for another post randomly, but after looking through Elite Dangerous gameplay videos, the flying seems like almost the exact same thing as SC's and I have tried that one. With the difference that SC seems abit faster and harder to fly.
    Originally posted by Jakobmiller
     the flying seems like almost the exact same thing as SC's and I have tried that one. With the difference that SC seems abit faster and harder to fly.

flying through space is flying through space, doesn´t make a difference if it´s Freelancer, Limit Theory, No Mans Sky, X-Rebirth or any other title out there. Emptyness is generally empty...........

Flying in SC is like flying a turret in space... you run around and can turn almost instantly to any direction. It basically makes chasing someone obsolete. You just run around and shoot anything in range in any direction.

Elite: Dangerous has nerfed yaw to specifically avoid this kind of gameplay.

None of the two are 100% realistic, since flying realistically in space would kill the gameplay.

..Cake..

Originally posted by Lorgarn

Having infinite money doesn't mean it's superior.

Also it's going to have a lot more than 70mil at launch... Roberts wants 100+ at launch... considering it's launching in 2016-17.

Also as far as gameplay is concerned ED right now is a hell of a lot more EPIC than SC spacefight in 2x2 box and it still has a gazilion features missing.... and it's releasing years sooner.

..Cake..

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Jakobmiller
    Sorry for another post randomly, but after looking through Elite Dangerous gameplay videos, the flying seems like almost the exact same thing as SC's and I have tried that one. With the difference that SC seems abit faster and harder to fly.

They are not even remotely the same thing in how they fly.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY5x85F-DKM

I was looking forward to racing, but man did that look boring.  Will say one thing, racing will show the flaws in the FM ,  as racing is all about just flying your ship.