Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons why WS is struggling

12346»

Comments

• lobotarulobotaru Member UncommonPosts: 165

Well, I left because of the combination of two things: The long leveling experience and class limitations. I liked the stalker's DPS options, but the tanking options didn't click with me. That put me in the unfavorable position of potentially reaching end game and being forced to play the stalker's tanking option. So I'd end up having to level another toon or compete with legions of DPS players.

The threat of that alone kept me from getting beyond the 20's level bracket, so I can't really comment on the horrors of attunement everyone else is mentioning.

• Why do i think Wildstar is struggling?

I dont think its the graphics (they are a little extreme, kinda like pyro vision in tf2 but not horrible like people are saying they are.)

I think its the lack of innovation really. If i want to play a MMO that focuses so much on raiding, why shouldnt i just play WOW? Its much more polished you know what im saying?  Also, the quest hubs in  this game are also a little to much.... questing is just dull. Im not expecting it to be good but again why should i leave wow for this?

Although i am a fan of the housing, i thought it was addictive as fuck, im not just playing the game for the housing.

So basically, for me this game is just to not innovative to play. I can play a much more polished and overall fun WOW because nothing in Wildstar is compeling me to leave.

I did not play Wildstar for long, but this is what i got from what i did play.

edit: disclaimer, i dont play WOW anymore, but from what i remember from my Wow years is Wow is Wildstars much more calm brother. Its more fun because it is older and more polished, and to be honest, there is nothing that should compel you to leave it for wildstar. Not yet at least.

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Poor Optimization - AMD users suffer immensely but runs poorly across the board, im not playing a game much less subbing to a game that i get between 1-40 fps and rarely above that.  I can play ESO at 60+ fps and know that im getting what im paying for.  Even for the people that "Could" play the game from what i hear its just poorly designed on top of the terrible optimization.
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687

Not sure who is lying to you, but game runs great for me.
    I7-4771
    16gb DDR2400
    256gb SSD
    Evga 770GTX 4gb

I run 60-80 on Ultra.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by superuberdrunkard

Bahh.

Any game where you stare at the floor looking for red and green shapes instead of looking at the graphics, no matter how cartoony, is boring and a huge waste of money.

Agreed.  It's troubling how the MMO genre shifted to this.  Target cast bars, telegraphs, and procs that pop up on screen.  I understand visual indicators are needed, but they should be very subtle.