Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[TC] The Remnants of Hope[PvX, RP, WvW, Social]

RemnantsofHopeRemnantsofHope Member UncommonPosts: 10
The Remnants of Hope
Tarnished Coast, North America
http://www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2

About The Guild
Remnants of Hope was founded on June 7, 2009. Originally a Star Wars Galaxies guild, we have since moved on to play GW2, SWTOR and Wildstar, while continuing to have an active, positive presence in our games. In GW2, we currently have a group of about 15 – 20 members who play daily, with many other more casual players who pop in a few times a week, and we are looking to expand our ranks.

Tyria is a big world…a big, lonely, dangerous world. Remnants of Hope is like a beacon of…..well, Hope! You don’t have to face the elder dragons alone when you have guild mates to guard your back and pick you up when you’re knocked down. The people you adventure with are more important than the adventure itself.

We’re more than just a gaming guild – we are truly a community made of members who enjoy playing every single aspect of the games we enjoy, from PvE to RP to chattering socially with each other over our expansive forums and Teamspeak. We’re made up of hundreds of members from all over the world, with a wide variety of ages, backgrounds, genders and play styles. Even with our large member base, because we’re community-oriented you’ll never feel like just another cog in the wheel. We’ve only got one common goal – to enjoy our favorite online games together. Come join us today!

~ Remnants of Hope Community Leader

You might like our guild if you enjoy…

PvE
We not only help guild members enjoy the PvE content of GW2 but to assist them in improving and advancing their characters and personal skills within the game. We are always willing to provide advice/guidance on gearing and traiting different professions. Keep in mind that we don’t have all the answers, but we will help find them! We hope to see you in-game and in our events soon! We do dungeons, fractals, guild missions weekly, jumping puzzles, casual levelling groups, farming runs and living story content.

PvP
We encourage fun and friendly competitive gaming to both the fans of PvP gaming, and those curious about it. We are always willing to lend a hand with builds, classes, and general information about how the various forms of PvP are handled. Whether it be World vs World, Team Player vs Player, or just some mini games, the PvP Department is always striving to be a welcoming, fun, and laid back place for people to smash in a face or two!

RP
We provide our members with an immersive and fun experience for the new roleplayer to the seasoned writer alike. Whether it be in-game or on the forums, we want to promote imagination and storytelling that spans beyond just the Remnants of Hope guild borders. By working closely with other guilds, as well as our other GW2 Departments within RoH and organizing events with them, we aim for a continuous living story that people can get involved in and help to continue shaping.

Playing GW2 Socially or Casually
Although we have members doing progression fractals and working on legendaries, we also have many members who play when they have time, or enjoy the simpler pleasures in GW2 like levelling slowly or going on random adventures. We also have a very inviting approach when it comes to difficult content: many of our members are happy to bring along a “newbie” to dungeons or new content, but there’s no pressure for you to join events you aren’t interested in!

What we offer:

1. Very active forums
2. TeamSpeak 3 server
3. Freedom to play your game the way you want
4. Scheduled events on the calendar as well as “pop up” events put together through guild chat
5. Friendly community and environment
6. A structured leadership, with officers for each of our departments (PvE, PvP, RP and Recruitment)

What we value in our guild members:
Postitive Attitude
Maturity
Friendly Nature
Team Player
Respectful
How to join:
Visit us at remnantsofhope.com to apply and learn more!

Please view your application as our first meeting! Take your time and fill it out as thoroughly as possible. We like to get to know you a little bit in it. Give us a feel for who you are in those answers and let us see how great of a person you are!

Comments

• RemnantsofHopeRemnantsofHope Member UncommonPosts: 10
    We aren't a huge guild, but we have a vibrant community and we really care about one another.  If you're on TC -- or if you're on another server but open to transfer (or if you don't WvW), definitely check out our website.  We put a lot of time and effort into making our guild strong and alive, and we will welcome you with open arms.
    "Anyone interested in finding a community where members are treated as family instead of just another number on the roster would do well to apply here. We are in the process of some really exciting things within the guild and more events are being added each and every day.

When I applied I was almost at the end of my rope. I had been looking for a place where I felt like part of a greater community, where I could chat, laugh, and enjoy the game with people that felt like a family rather than an association of random people playing the same game. Applying to Remnants has re-energized my love of the game and I find myself always excited to log in and see what new adventures and fun await me with my new guild family.

You have a group of officers and a guild leader that truly care about the players and want to see each person succeed in their goals, whether they are as lofty as crafting a Legendary, or as simple as relaxing RP in Divinity’s Reach. There is something for every type of play style in Remnants of Hope."

-RoH Member

We are continuing on our guild story of raising an airship to travel and help Tyria in. All members were welcome to this RP.

View the photo album and some of our RP here: http://imgur.com/a/l9yfg

While finishing up the repairs on the ship and adding the necessary magitechnology to make it airborne, a nearby group of Inquest found out about the Remnants’ plans and started to attack. By working together (and employing the help of a humpback whale) Jolan Griffin, Vandris Sendaris, Maibh, Caetrine, Araav, Tayhaai, Jaso Wayris, and Fenris successfully repelled the Inquest attackers just in the nick of time. They even took down a large assault golem and took an Inquest prisoner. The modifcations finished, the Criterion triumphantly was raised from the waves and flew to the port in Rata Sum. The Remnants of Hope had made their official return to the world of Tyria!

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Your guild sounds like a great place to be. But do you have to fill out an app online at your website to join? Or do you also hold in game interviews?

Monarc33:  Yes, you do have to fill out an app on the website.  But think of it this way: everyone who's ever joined the guild has to go through the process.  You're joining a storied tradition of guild apps.  

Hopefully that makes it sound kind of glamorous.  XD 

Also, it lets us know more about you in a way that everyone in the guild can read/respond to if they like... and on their own best schedule.  As a guild we exist a lot on the forums, too.  I would say our forums are much, much more active than guild chat in game (not that guild chat isn't active; as a guild, we just happen to post a lot in the forums).  It's where a lot of us lurk in our free time.  ;)

• ExoniensisExoniensis Member Posts: 1
    This is actually a great multi-gaming guild to be with in ll the events around Tyria, PvE, PvP, RP, Active forums and lots of social events randomly going around TS. Also super friendly, its totally worthy!

"I just wish there were guilds like this for all the games I play."

-One of our newest full members

This statement made me smile so much! :) This guild is the first place that has truly felt like a home away from home, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

-Emma, GW2 Division Commander

Woop!  So excited for Guild Missions this evening.
  • ShanttShantt Member CommonPosts: 2
    Recently joined this guild's GW2 division and felt instantly at home. People are amazing inside here, and even though it's a small guild, there's always people around to do something you want and always a helpful hand when you need one. If you need a true gaming community formed by decent, mature people, look no further!
  • galebirdgalebird Member CommonPosts: 2

We are still actively recruiting as we turn our focus to preparing for Heart of Thorns! Just this weekend we had our first world boss train event where we helped conquer Megadestroyer, Great Jungle Wurm, Ulgoth, Golem Mark II, Fire Elemental, Frozen Maw and Claw of Jormag. Fractal groups to promote progression are now forming for those who are interested as well for a weekly event.

If you are looking for an active, fun, supportive, welcoming and engaging guild that offers PvP, PvE, RP and/or Social events please consider giving us a look! http://www.remnantsofhope.com/gw2

• galebirdgalebird Member CommonPosts: 2
    Just a note to say that our events are still going strong! There's always fun stuff happening or in the works over at the GW2 division of Remnants of Hope. We just welcomed our new division commander and are looking forward to growing as we turn our attention towards the excitement due to come with Heart of Thorns. 
  • grimroguegrimrogue Member CommonPosts: 2
    I love this guild. If you are looking for a home.. check us out. We look forward to seeing you.
  • grimroguegrimrogue Member CommonPosts: 2
    Remnants of Hope is recruiting! We are a community based PvX guild. We have weekly events such as Dungeons, Fractals, WvW, SPvP, RP Adventures & More! Visit remnantsofhope.com/gw2 for more info!
  • ShanttShantt Member CommonPosts: 2
    I've been in love with this community since i joined. I can't pinpoint how many cool things i've done with then all.
     We are still recruiting. We are mostly on EST, but we do events day and night and we have attendance for them all. Join us if you wanna take part in then!
    http://remnantsofhope.com/gw2 if you want to know more!

If you are looking for a good group of people to enjoy HoT with, look no further! Remnants of Hope prides itself on giving our members a well-rounded gaming experience, thus our PvX focus!

Checkout our website for more information! http://www.remnantsofhope.com/

You won’t be disappointed.

See you in HoT!

We're still here and still looking for comrades-in-arms! Check us out and if you like what you see, feel free to leave an application and our Recruitment Officer will look at it swiftly.

We look forward to meeting you :)
    We have something for everyone here.  :)  PvE, sPvP, WvW, and RP, all strong and healthy departments within the guild.

Play another game like SWTOR, WildStar, ESO or Overwatch?  So do we.  Come and play both with us!  (Only if you want to, not required.)
  • CylasCylas Member CommonPosts: 2
    Still very active and still recruiting! Come check us out, we have plenty to offer members in multiple games!
  • CylasCylas Member CommonPosts: 2
    Looking for a great group of people to hang out with and play some games? Look no further! Remnants of Hope is the guild for you!