Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Endgame and PVP?

TroubleHunterTroubleHunter Member UncommonPosts: 70

Everybody's is always talking about the superb skill wheel, awesome quests and ugly monsters on the fog. But how's the endgame and how's the pvp going? I've been there before, a cool game, nice leveling and interesting features... but with zero content in endgame and sad pvp.

I'm currently on the initial map and wondering about the future, i bought the game yesterday, but i'm not sure it was a good deal :P

Thanks guys! 

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

last time i played PvP was crap and that has pretty much been the reason for me not playing the game much

PvE wise it was allright though but a bit light on the content but there's a new DLC out now so maybe they got some more stuff

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• codejackcodejack Member Posts: 208

I had a lot of fun with this game, for about 3 months.

The main story is fantastic (although the last issue was pretty meh), but end game is either PvP (boring) or repeating the last part of each chapter of the main story on a harder difficulty.

I don't consider it money ill-spent, but I got it on sale for like $12.

• fathamburgerfathamburger Member UncommonPosts: 10

The endgame dungeons  for me has a lot of depth and things to learn if you play all roles and not just say DPS.

But still the grinding is greater than what's on offer because of the glyphs. You'll progress a lot in different setups, healtanking, leeching, dpstank, in addition to all the stuff you have to learn for the regular roles. Tanking in particular has a lot to master. However it seems to me a lot of people just go the easy grind DPS route (very easy  to play, avoid circles, spam the occasional cleanse or purge)  and dont play anything else so you'll lose a lot of depth there.

The glyphs ruin the endgame for me though, its fun gearing up the basics all over again but then when you have that 3-4x as much for the glyph upgrades too, well lets just say im not in a rush and only upgrading the pieces I have atm.  I'm happy to wait for DLC's for custom rewards and signets and gear a lot slower but ultimately spend far less time (with more variety) doing it. Thats the plan anyway.

Overall I love how the dungeons are designed so that is a good chunk of progression learning new skills, what stats you need, builds and so forth entirely different to how you played up to that point instead of a pure gear grind, although the gear grind is pretty significant imo. Not nearly as bad as Korean games or Final Fantasy from what ive heard.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I'm not an end-game gear grinder, so pvp is important to keep me in a game. The pvp in this game was disappointing to me and I tried to like it many times.

However, I think it can be worth the purchase if you have a friend to level with. I like the story better than any other mmorpg out there, including SWTOR.