Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am going to come back to Everquest II. I am tired of games that lack content.

2»

Comments

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Fadeus

Nice try Ano. That was clever with the french thing there. Ya you have it all figured out, I used Fadeus cause I actually wanted the base of my name to be Fade so french people would figure out the real meaning of it. Self introspection, whatever. I am not gonna continue this with you and completely trash this thread, discussion closed.

A wise person would have do it, without saying it.

I never claim to be wise.  But you actually try with you ''superior'' attitude.  Little dogs bark pretty loud, and they bark last!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• wakingdreamwakingdream Member Posts: 8

Glad to hear your comming back and can understand why, I took a break because i was getting too addicted back in Febuary, but i tried WoW, MxO,CoH,and GuildWars and none of them can get ANYWHERE near to the overal quality of EQ2 as an immersive experiance. Sure SOE can suck management wise sometimes but overal there is no real alternative...

Those peeps playing WoW will soon realise that there is 0 community and NO longevity.

Those playing CoH will realise that other then a pretty surface there is no depth at all, every other mission see's you in the same building and layout! Here's hoping CoV brings depth though cause it has potential.

GuildWars... Oh dear noon interesting content, no team work and lonely experiance. Its feels like a single player RPG and not a Bioware one. But hey no fee's. Who cares rather pay for quality.

And finally all those Matrix Online players (opps did I say all?) What are you thinking yeah you know who you are, must be only you playing it!

Its good to be back when I loaded it back up for the first time and heard that theme tune, I couldn't help but smile.

Come on people what are you waiting for come play a real game.

• AldaronAldaron Member Posts: 1,048

I've played about every MMORPG you can think of, but not EQII. Can anyone tell me what is novel about this game?

"Fear not death; for the sooner we die, the longer shall we be immortal."

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

It's novel because I say it is. Really though it's just a huge game with a lot of stuff to do. I honestly can't see getting bored playing it but who knows. It's worth a shot if you haven't played it.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Aldaron
    I've played about every MMORPG you can think of, but not EQII. Can anyone tell me what is novel about this game?

Its the detail, from the largest quests in the game all the way down to the minute details like a flock of birds that fly's through the city, oh and lets not forget Sargeant Quackers and his duck platoon! You can see a ton of thought and creativity put into every aspect of the game. Its very obvious that people didn't just boiler plate out another MMO. This game has a ton of character in it if you actually pay attention for a minute and look around and don't just get tunnel vision on current quest or trying to grind your way to 50 in 30 days.

Everywhere you walk you hear real voices talking, not just murmurs hear and there that are background noise. I play alot of SWG now and when I am in it I really really miss all the voice overs. It just adds so much to the game.

I could go on and on, but try it for yourself and you may see what I am talking about.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• wakingdreamwakingdream Member Posts: 8

It is such a wonderfully crafetd experiance. And it is right from the start, the environments are wonderful and inspirational, there are some very creative minds over at SOE along with a fine hand for detail. This feels like a living breathing world not a poorly implimented single player game with a chat room.

Try it you wont regret it, you have to play it to understand.

• DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573

Originally posted by Kiamde
    Originally posted by anarchyart
    Kiamde! I saw AA on your sig and hope you see this question. I recently downloaded AA version 2.4 with Q something (cant remember if its qualify or something but it started with a Q lol long night last night) Anywho, when I tried to install it it says something about Isscript engine is missing from this machine. Do you think I got a non complete download or what? Damn installshield never did that to me B4 image

Consider reinstalling the downloaded compressed file. If that does not work, re-download the client.

Do you get free addons with the station pass?
  • rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

It has a very cinematic and epic quality to the game. As Fadeus said, it's very detailed. It's probably the first MMO where I can walk around the city and be interested in talking to the NPC's about the lore of the game.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

There are Dance dance revolution style quests. Sneaking Quests. Exploration quests. Underwater shipwreck quests. Any word to describe EQII less than novel, is completely wrong. Look at the sky at night. The detail is so incredible. Stars move and the fire moon even moves.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Datcyde

Originally posted by Kiamde

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Kiamde! I saw AA on your sig and hope you see this question. I recently downloaded AA version 2.4 with Q something (cant remember if its qualify or something but it started with a Q lol long night last night) Anywho, when I tried to install it it says something about Isscript engine is missing from this machine. Do you think I got a non complete download or what? Damn installshield never did that to me B4 image

Consider reinstalling the downloaded compressed file. If that does not work, re-download the client.

Do you get free addons with the station pass?

I believe the action packs are free with the station pass but not expansions. But I could be wrong, I mean hey I bought Lineage 2 so....image

• ShadrakShadrak Member Posts: 375

If you are considering trying eq2 for the first time or Trying it again I would recommend you wait a few months. I play mainly on the Test server and I can tell you they are making MAJOR changes to Combat and Class Progression. So I fyou are easily discouraged by changes that may have possible bugs that need working out and If you are just resistant to change in general Id wait a few months and then vive EQ2 a try.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by Shadrak
    If you are considering trying eq2 for the first time or Trying it again I would recommend you wait a few months. I play mainly on the Test server and I can tell you they are making MAJOR changes to Combat and Class Progression. So I fyou are easily discouraged by changes that may have possible bugs that need working out and If you are just resistant to change in general Id wait a few months and then vive EQ2 a try.

Could you, perhaps, be more detailed on these new combat updates? I have heard that a new CU is coming. I hope the jedi don't get pissy and leave.

With that said [Chuckle] what exactly is this new CU? Is it going to slow down the combat a little?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• BaccadmBaccadm Member Posts: 15

I just started playing EQ2 a couple weeks ago, and I must say it is an amazing social experience.  I had just quit playing WoW due to the inability of almost ANYONE to be civil.  Now I'm a 17 cleric, and have had some of the best online experiences I've ever had.  People are friendly and helpful.  Sure there are jerks...there always will be, but for the majority people are cool.

The vitality bonus that you get when you are on or offline, CERTAINLY has reduced the grind.  As far as grouping goes, you can usually find people to group with, but they have also included mobs in the game that don't require that.  A little something for everyone.

I'd definitely say, come on back the water is fine!

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

man, I agree Baccadm. I hooked up with a group last night that was talented, civil, and just plain cool. We played for hours, accomplished numerous quests and goals, and had not a single death.

My friends list grows by the day, as I continue to meet and group with some really cool people, some of which I'm sure I'll be playing the game with for months or years.

Best community since old-school Anarchy Online.

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

I just cam e back also and I did get the station pass. Tried the CU on SWG and hated it, but I liked the fact that we get the adv. packs in EQ2 with the pass. I decided to create a new toon on AB, a human crusader. I haven't grouped yet, but I look forward to it.

There is a lot to do, but I find myself running around just wondering what I'm supposed to do next. Don;t get me wrong, I'm having fun, but I don't know what I am "supposed" to be doing.

• ArremusArremus Member Posts: 656

Well I got my Warlock to 48 a month or two back, and burnt out on the high end Heritage quests. This has a lot to do with the fact that I have all the time in the world to play at the moment, so was more overplaying burn out.

I journeyed over to Guild Wars, still play that with the friends I made there, but just late last week I went back to EQ2 to finally make a healer. Now 11 Shaman.

The community is one of the greatest aspects of EQ2. After seeing "omg yoo suXorzzz! soo fkn ghey!" every other line in Guild Wars (I honestly though those sort of people didn't truuuly exist), I was very happy to see some guy get berrated in Antonica for saying 'omg you suxors, loozer' in the /ooc channel. Berrated by like 10 people for generally just being a tosser.

EQ2, at least AB server, has a generally very high level of maturity about it. Up there with old school Horizons really (one of the best communities I've been involved in). And this high level of maturity is a huge plus for the game imo.

As for being a newbie again; it's been a rather overwhelming experience. Almost seeming to learn the game again, only after a month off from it. The quests are honestly endless. I have started deleting some I've picked up, just to keep some sense of order of what to do. Easy to get groups even on an Australian timeline.

The game looks amazing (i do have a high end system i guess), and is often awe inspiring to run around in.

On a negative side, this being pure PvE means that there is a sense of 'why am I bothering?', if you want to think that way, but imo that kind of thought process is silly in an MMO. Does there have to be some uber end goal of enlightenment?

As for how long I'll last a second time, I dunno. I am refreshed and having a lot of fun. And it seems a long while til anything I am interested in is coming out.

My new character's name is Xinn. AB server. If you want any help, need a healer, need advice or direction etc, send me a tell if you see me on.

"(The) Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude." - George W Bush.
    Oh. My. God.

• XariovXariov Member UncommonPosts: 5

I was surprised to see this thread when I had gone through the exact same circumstances that many of you are describing and decided to sign up again last night. I mainly quit due to an annoyance at the management behind the game and vaguely frustrating character progress but after trying various other games (most horribly, korean MMORPGs) and looking at other gaming companies you simply can't compare.

EQ2's world is amazingly immersive - speech adds SO much, the environments are beautiful, the quests are seemingly endless and surprisingly less repetitive than you would assume and character progression always makes you look forward to something (compare this to games like Maple Story where all you do is spend 24 hours a day attacking the same monster that is low enough to do insignificant damage to you so that you can get your 2% per hour and after 5 levels get VAGUELY different looking armor...wewt).

I feel a little daunted by all the high level players as I consider myself very competitive and being an insignificant lowbie is a bit disheartening. However, the interesting content at all stages of the game and the drive to work towards greater goals is all the more reason to be enjoying the experience. Looking forward to many enjoyable days in my room coming up :D.