Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am going to come back to Everquest II. I am tired of games that lack content.

KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I resigned from Everquest II in January. Well, since the numbers have risen, I am considering returning. My problem is that I know how massively multiplayer roleplaying games work and I thought that I could "fall behind" on the food chain, so to speak.

Would you know if there was a high lowbie population? I ask this because when I returned to Dark Age of Camelot, I felt as if I was the only low leveled player on the server. Come to think of it, I may have been. I also hear that measures have been taken to speed up the leveling process. Is this true? I recall the long, almost tragic grind from 20-25 and it steers me away.

I would really enjoy seeing Norath again, but the consequences of coming back may haunt me. I hope your word on this will convince me to return.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Comments

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336
    Well I just started playing it. On my server, Najena, there are a few newbies to play with.  I have a level 12 darkelf crusader. Oh you might see a ton of frogloks in the tutorial area if you do come back to EQ2 just a warning. EQ2 is still new and bringing in more new players. So don't give up on it yet.
  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Antonia Bayle server is swarming with lowbies, both new players and alts. I started grouping at about lvl 14, and I've had no problems finding a group. I toggle LFG and announce on OCC, an it's literally seconds before I've got one.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I resumed my character on befallen and I am have quite a lot of fun. Gaining 2 levels in 3 hours with a 99.9% vitality bonus is pretty fun.::::39::

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398
    why did you leave EQ2 in the first place?

Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

I didn't have time to commit to the game. Now that the grind is more humane, I thought "Why not come back".

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

antonia bayle is a very hot server..

be warned though that it is a roleplay server. every person I have encountered within the last week of re-subscribing..roleplays to a certain extent.  its not nearly as RP-nazi'sh as it was when the game was first released either.  it seems that all the assholes have been weeded out and its turned into a very nice server..  lots of low level players so no worries..  I just hit level 13 and have had some of the best social experiences since I cant remember.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Originally posted by Rayx0r
    antonia bayle is a very hot server..

be warned though that it is a roleplay server. every person I have encountered within the last week of re-subscribing..roleplays to a certain extent. its not nearly as RP-nazi'sh as it was when the game was first released either. it seems that all the assholes have been weeded out and its turned into a very nice server.. lots of low level players so no worries.. I just hit level 13 and have had some of the best social experiences since I cant remember.

In terms of numbers, does it get to "FULL" status throughout the day?

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    not that I have seen.  it usually stays at medium capacity..I think out of all the EQ2 servers antonia bayle has the highest number of users that I have noticed.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I agree 100 Rayx0r, on both the server population, and the quality of the people playing. Simply an awesome gaming environment.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    /cheer Kiamde EQ2 is lucky to have you back. I too resumed my account and while I'm playing 3 or 4 games at once (mostly WoW) EQ2 makes me happyimage And as Im sure you know now there are tons of nooblets running around again. And yes i did see Antonia Bayle on High but mostly its medium to light late at night. I love how much content they have added! Once I get to level 60 on WoW which will be soon I'm gonna give the gf the old "lets play EQ2 again!" speech hehe plust I can play SWG when im feeling spacey cuz of the station pass ( i cant recommend station pass highly enough! I get to play EQ2, SWG, Infantry online when im at work plus Im gonna get Planetside soon for fast thrills) I actually cant wait to dive in completely to EQ2image

Guild wars really did it for me. I played it for 40 hours and it finally hit me that it was a pointless game, since it had a roleplaying mode that I would never ever want to play again and PvP did not do it for me since your team either lost horribly or won greatly. I am happy to be back. If anyone has a guild on Antonia Bayle and they would like me to be their pet, I would like to join.

• mersolusmersolus Member Posts: 3

I too am thinking of returning and came here to ask the same question. I bought the game and played till around 15 but then all my friends decided to pick up WoW. 6 months later, I have a 60 hunter and another high level toon. I'm basically bored with WoW. No high level content there. Anyways, I was deciding between CoH, SWG or EQ2 to re-up. Since I've heard they made it a little easier for us family folk without 14 hours a day to play, I think I'll re-up my account.

Might have to look for you.

Originally posted by mersolus

I too am thinking of returning and came here to ask the same question. I bought the game and played till around 15 but then all my friends decided to pick up WoW. 6 months later, I have a 60 hunter and another high level toon. I'm basically bored with WoW. No high level content there. Anyways, I was deciding between CoH, SWG or EQ2 to re-up. Since I've heard they made it a little easier for us family folk without 14 hours a day to play, I think I'll re-up my account.

Might have to look for you.

Also, don't forget Station pass! Then you can play EQ2 AND SWG for the one price, I did it and it rocks image Plus SWG is lowered in price and all the uber nerdballs have mostly left image I love playing both but EQ2 will probably dominate most of my time hehe I recommend a high end video card...EQ2 Armor looks so real and C-3PO never looked so shinyimage

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Originally posted by mersolus

Might have to look for you.Also, don't forget Station pass! Then you can play EQ2 AND SWG for the one price, I did it and it rocks image Plus SWG is lowered in price and all the uber nerdballs have mostly left image I love playing both but EQ2 will probably dominate most of my time hehe I recommend a high end video card...EQ2 Armor looks so real and C-3PO never looked so shinyimage

They are both great games. Consider both before buying one or the other.

Kiamde! I saw AA on your sig and hope you see this question. I recently downloaded AA version 2.4 with Q something (cant remember if its qualify or something but it started with a Q lol long night last night) Anywho, when I tried to install it it says something about Isscript engine is missing from this machine. Do you think I got a non complete download or what? Damn installshield never did that to me B4 image

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

How much is the station pass anyways? I'm probably going to buy EQ2 soon but i've also got SWG as well.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
    It rocks its 21.99 a month and I play EQ2 SWG infantry online (addictive) and getting Planetside very soon image

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Kiamde! I saw AA on your sig and hope you see this question. I recently downloaded AA version 2.4 with Q something (cant remember if its qualify or something but it started with a Q lol long night last night) Anywho, when I tried to install it it says something about Isscript engine is missing from this machine. Do you think I got a non complete download or what? Damn installshield never did that to me B4 image

Consider reinstalling the downloaded compressed file. If that does not work, re-download the client.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Also Kimade, don't forget the mentor system. You can group with anyone lower then you no matter how low and anyone higher can mentor you and have fun with you without having to use alts...

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

That is a nice feature. The trick is finding someone to mentor me.

Well you picked the wrong server for me to mentor ya, hehe.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

If SoE would promise me that as a soloer I would never envy a raider OR that as a grouper I would never envy a raider as far as solo & grouping are respectively concerned, I would consider it...but they would just be lying again(or changing the envy toward the new non-related incredibly boring activity that they focus on, like PvP or whatever lame they think off)!  By not playing I dont experience envy, which make me happier and been happy is something I value!  image

A mentor?  Hmmm...they sound tasty!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye
    If SoE would promise me that as a soloer I would never envy a raider OR that as a grouper I would never envy a raider as far as solo & grouping are respectively concerned, I would consider it...but they would just be lying again(or changing the envy toward the new non-related incredibly boring activity that they focus on, like PvP or whatever lame they think off)! By not playing I dont experience envy, which make me happier and been happy is something I value! image

A mentor? Hmmm...they sound tasty!

Yet again you have to drag your solo play whining into another thread that has nothing to do with it. And ontop of that you have to continue to hijack player threads to flame and gripe threads about SOE. I think we ALL get the point that you feel you should be able to solo your way through MMO's. But you can't, so deal with it and spare the rest of us that DO enjoy the game the way it is your misery. Its gotta be all about you huh? Couldn't be happy for a moment someone is enjoying themselves. I know its alot to ask and all, but give it a shot once in awhile.

- Scaris

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by Fadeus

Yet again you have to drag your solo play whining into another thread that has nothing to do with it. And ontop of that you have to continue to hijack player threads to flame and gripe threads about SOE. I think we ALL get the point that you feel you should be able to solo your way through MMO's. But you can't, so deal with it and spare the rest of us that DO enjoy the game the way it is your misery. Its gotta be all about you huh? Couldn't be happy for a moment someone is enjoying themselves. I know its alot to ask and all, but give it a shot once in awhile.

This guy say he was coming back.  I say under what circumstance I would be coming back(which is pretty much what this topic is about)!

If all you read is complaining and whining and lamentations, maybe it is more the way you see things then what peoples say that is your problem.  Maybe a little self introspection is in order for you Fadeus.  (Fade mean tasteless in french...so your Fade and us mean that your group of persons is tasteless, kinda funny uh?)

Maybe I WANT a game to play and when I see folks saying they would be playing this or that, I say under what conditions I would play as well, simply natural.

Again if all you see is whining, the problem is more you then anyone else.  And flaming SoE is hardly something rare or scarse, and indeed, with all the lies they keep pouring at everyone, they deserve it.

EDIT:  And I clearly say solo OR grouping, so it is not about solo...it is either, again someone see what they want to see.  And with 200 hours played in EQ2 in such a long time...I assume you work for SoE yourself...200 hours divided by 7 months = 28 hours per month...so 7 hours per week!!!  Someone that would play 7 hours a week and defend EQ2, especially the high end, cant be serious!  Sorry!  But your signature dont help you at all for me to take you seriously as a player enjoying EQ2.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Nice try Ano. That was clever with the french thing there. Ya you have it all figured out, I used Fadeus cause I actually wanted the base of my name to be Fade so french people would figure out the real meaning of it. Self introspection, whatever. I am not gonna continue this with you and completely trash this thread, discussion closed.

- Scaris