Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whatever 15 dollars, I said to myself but now I am confused:P

andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

So bought the game today, been running around for a few hours maybe I walked  the wrong way somewhere. But I need someone to hold my hand. Or at least point me in the direction of what I should be doing here. A sort of video guide that you know of would be appreciated, read a few, but I am more interested in a more noob friendly guide. 

TL;DR Have not really read much about the game but bought it and now confused what to do! :P

Thanks. 

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

no hand holding in this game. 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

The Darkfall forums have a spot labeled New Player Help and Guides.

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?97-New-Player-Help-and-Guides

I'd recommend doing all of the starter/tutorial quests; that'll build up your prowess a bit.  The best thing you can probably do is join a clan.  There are a few new player-friendly clans out there; two off the top of my head are Lost Minions and ZERG.  ZERG has a ton of people, a lot of them new. 

Good luck!

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

At low level sewers are your friend.

Go to the sewers and grind. =)

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Also, try to get in contact with the mentor that was assigned to you in the beginning. Mine was really helpful and hooked me up with a lot of gear
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Apparently only people like you subscribe to this. Luckily there are people better than you around who actually want the game to succeed.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by Viper482

Apparently only people like you subscribe to this. Luckily there are people better than you around who actually want the game to succeed.

Darkfall = survival of the fittest.

If you require someone to hold your hand, in any way, expect to be cannon fodder for those who do not - for the duration of your time with the game (which likely won't be very long).

We eat non-factors for breakfast around here.

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by Kost

If you require someone to hold your hand, in any way, expect to be cannon fodder for those who do not - for the duration of your time with the game (which likely won't be very long).

Yup, because your thriving player-base is without need of new players.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Tyggs

I have to admit, I dont' understand why players in games like these try and get more people in so at least the game could be funded and just not die off. 

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576

I guess you are the guy out there solo, never needing help from anyone or grouping up with guildies because, well, guilds are just for hand holdings nonfactors that don't have what it takes to play the game, right?

Idiot.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

These are the types of players that these PvP games breed.

No one should be surprised.

• MrSaltyMrSalty Member UncommonPosts: 39
    or you can stop being lazy and just google info on the game or maybe actually read the official game forums
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Kids, this is what happens when you lose perspective and begin to identify yourself by the game(s) you choose to play.

Your in-game ego begins to bleed out into other mediums, such as forums, and you start making hilariously absurd statements about "eating non-factors for breakfast".

Are DF players attempting to one-up Eve players in the "unjustified hubris" category?

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Well, you can continue to eat non-factors until the servers shut off because you feel the need to stroke your e-peen and kill off any potential new subscribers interested in the game before they even start to understand how the game works. People with your attitude are the reason why OWPVP games will continue to either cater to very small niches, or die off.

Also, were you born with an instinctual knowledge of the game and its workings? Were you never a newbie?

Get off your high horse, buttercup.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708

Lol, gotta love the answers Kost's post elicited, hehe :) Can't say I disagree with most of them, to ;)

OP : you should definitely head to the New Player forum subsection and read the stickies : https://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?97-New-Player-Help-and-Guides

Also, IG go to the HELP chat channel (its a default tab) and either ask questions and/or read the Q&A going on in there; always interesting and that's where (on the NA server anyway) that most non-jerk helpful people seem to be hanging out. When they're not too drunk :P

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426
    Well, aside with the help new players forum post in Darkfall, no doubt is to adress to your mentor; and if even that is a little bit messy for you, for whatever reason (timetables, job, other circumstances) then try to know people in-game; there are lot of good players willing to help the new ones, who kindly will not hold your hand but make you learn how to stand on your own feet. Good Luck! It's a great game with a big community, but sometimes one of them loves to come here to boast a non-sensical ego who shows no more than his, her unability to understand others.

It is a question of fangs.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I know you wanted to quote Happy Gilmore:

"I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast"

So why not just quote Happy Gilmore? So that we can rip you apart with the counter-argument:

"Wait, you eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?"

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by kairel182

I sincerely believe you mistook his 'hand holding' statement a bit to literal.  But suggesting that a new player does not need direction in a game that is unlike just about anything else on the current market is insane.  Especially since everyone already playing is established, not new and learning all at the same time.  Perhaps you should be seeking to help and encourage new players in the game instead of just 'consuming' them like fodder?

Well the best thing about people like this is that they are generally the people that lose about every even fight they get into and end up calling for backup so they can win. If you are good at something you don't need to trash talk, unprovoked trash talking is for losers.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Braindome

At low level sewers are your friend.

Go to the sewers and grind. =)

I think you mistook the game for Neocron starter levels ;P

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Originally posted by Tyggs
    Originally posted by Kost Originally posted by Viper482 Originally posted by SEANMCAD no hand holding in this game.   
    Darkfall = survival of the fittest. If you require someone to hold your hand, in any way, expect to be cannon fodder for those who do not - for the duration of your time with the game (which likely won't be very long). We eat non-factors for breakfast around here.

That's such a deep burn, someone get this man some ointment.

Yea, if you live in a glass house you really shouldn't be throwing rocks. I'm sure all couple hundred of the e-badasses over in DFUW don't need no stinking new players either.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Are you really being serious right now? You want to take the tough guy approach in a video game? Seems odd when someone is new to the community to just shit on them. You are the reason this type of game fails over and over again. Grats!
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Find a good clan. Getting in coms with a group can help explain stuff.

Also, on your social tab (on the right) there should be an option to sign up for a mentor.

Darkfall has a learning curve, but don't give up. It's one of the most rewarding MMORPG experiences once you get past that curve.

Good luck!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Rofl......seriously man? Do you hear yourself? This is a VIDEO GAME. Dude was asking for a little guidance on where to start as a newplayer, and thankfully the majority of people were happy to "hold his hand" and give him some tips. You internet tough guys are a joke. If you had it your way the game would have been dead before it got off the ground. Survival of the fittest is a term reserved for REAL LIFE, not a video game.

And yea...rofl still. Lighten up. 

Make MMORPG's Great Again!