Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!

13»

Comments

• Originally posted by Grunty
    Originally posted by Vinnyzz

Hey, this day has come, morpg does not ban ppl who say FUCK in their posts!!!

Let's do what we want, no rules anymore!!!

Kids can read it-we don't care!!! Trolls say FUCK!!! Trolls say yeeooo!!! Yeeeoo!!! FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

This site has always allowed an appropriate amount of profanity.  Your post starts to push that limit though.

That's a lie. Topics in these forums change so drastically cause of all the reports and reported posts. Give the undesirables "power" and they take your entire stock.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    What is this? Angry Cheap Impatient Gamers Anonymous ?

As a person who prefers subscriptions over F2P any day, I have to agree with the OP, these "deals" are getting quite ridiculous, monetizing testing is out of control. Why would you support such practices? It's the impatient ones who do...

When 5 million + people are signing up to get into betas why wouldn't they ? The demand for it is obviously there so why are people so surprised companies started to charge for it.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Originally posted by DamonVile

Originally posted by Dihoru What is this? Angry Cheap Impatient Gamers Anonymous ?
    As a person who prefers subscriptions over F2P any day, I have to agree with the OP, these "deals" are getting quite ridiculous, monetizing testing is out of control. Why would you support such practices? It's the impatient ones who do...
    When 5 million + people are signing up to get into betas why wouldn't they ? The demand for it is obviously there so why are people so surprised companies started to charge for it.

I suppose the first $3 latte and $1 bottle of water was received similarly... now it's like expected.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    What is this? Angry Cheap Impatient Gamers Anonymous ?

The thing is though... not all such alphas or betas are just soft launches... Archeage is being adapted slowly due to feedback from players and Elite Dangerous got a 2nd type of travel (before there were regular STL drives and FTL, jump, drives but following feedback they added in a 3rd which is a mix of the two, not FTL but significant fractions of the speed of c for in system travel). Thus, like with all things in life, not everything is black or white.

That said: Distopia those deals are not always cash grabs though I've yet to see anything like the majority that should not be cash grabs but throwing the whole lot into the bin is not the way to go either, better to burn the developers who used it as a soft launch instead of a testing session (even with a paid fee to enter it) and encourage those who actually want to test and get feedback on their game.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

@OP and the other un-informed that type before they read:

Albion Online will be Free to Play at release. They are offering Founders Packs for those who are interested in supporting them.

Noone will twist your wrist or put a gun to your head and force you to spend a dime on Albion Online. The choice is up to you.

It is 100% always better to be informed then ASSuming.

Want to learn more? Follow my link below.

And no, you can not read and watch all the videos on the site in one day, don't try. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Do you remember the days when people complained that it was unfair that they never got into any betas, and said they would pay an arm and a leg for it.

The devs are listening

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The thing is though... not all such alphas or betas are just soft launches... Archeage is being adapted slowly due to feedback from players and Elite Dangerous got a 2nd type of travel (before there were regular STL drives and FTL, jump, drives but following feedback they added in a 3rd which is a mix of the two, not FTL but significant fractions of the speed of c for in system travel). Thus, like with all things in life, not everything is black or white.

That said: Distopia those deals are not always cash grabs though I've yet to see anything like the majority that should not be cash grabs but throwing the whole lot into the bin is not the way to go either, better to burn the developers who used it as a soft launch instead of a testing session (even with a paid fee to enter it) and encourage those who actually want to test and get feedback on their game.

I have a hard time calling it much else TBH, as otherwise these games wouldn't receive upfront payment, once they launch that initial payment is gone. It just seems like something aimed at the impulsive buyer, or the impatient gamer. All it takes is a precedent and these practices become common place, there's been plenty of precedent thus far, so I'm sure it will get worse and worse. Was it Warhammer charging like $400+ for theirs, OR was that someone else?

I just don't agree it's being cheap to call this stuff out as people have been. IF they need that upfront cost, make it B2P or P2P, problem solved and it doesn't look so much like a cash grab.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

I have a hard time calling it much else TBH, as otherwise these games wouldn't receive upfront payment, once they launch that initial payment is gone. It just seems like something aimed at the impulsive buyer, or the impatient gamer. All it takes is a precedent and these practices become common place, there's been plenty of precedent thus far, so I'm sure it will get worse and worse. Was it Warhammer charging like $400+ for theirs, OR was that someone else?

I just don't agree it's being cheap to call this stuff out as people have been. IF they need that upfront cost, make it B2P or P2P, problem solved and it doesn't look so much like a cash grab.

In 2003 P2P would've worked, in 2006 B2P still would've (both without negative effects) today though you'd screw yourself over dropping thousands or even hundreds of thousands of potential customers who do not feel they should pay up front. People who buy founders packs are a minority believe it or not and while you have a hard time believing it you can check my examples and maybe stop being so cynical... unless it has a EA or Ubisoft logo on it then I'd argue for using 21" nuclear tipped torpedoes just to make sure to sink the damn thing.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Axxar

We live in a "want it now" society these days and smart business folk are simply using that to their advantage. Don't like it? Learn patience.

This ^

Who's more at fault?

- The developer who does what's in their own best interest

or

- The consumer, who refuses to do what's in their own best interest

There is such a thing as fair business practices. However, at a certain point we need to be responsible for our own actions.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm starting to wonder if the ppl funding these founder packs are the same people buying in game currency for real money.....kinda same situation if you think about it. Pay for convenience.
This discussion has been closed.