Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont bother with pvp until they fix soul tether

EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
Nightblades are swarming Cyrodil with 3200 hp ticks on this 150 cost ultimate. Its not even competitive.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
PS3

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Which your group's healers are neutralizing right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    How does my guilds healers heal through 2.8k-3.2k ticks (Im a dk tank ~ 3k hp) for 10 seconds when the first 2 seconds are spent being/breaking stun? ANd when the nb's are grouping themselves? Everyone is literally being one shotted.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Nightblades are swarming Cyrodil with 3200 hp ticks on this 150 cost ultimate. Its not even competitive.

Give me a break, come on.. Total dmg, not per tick IF you stay close. It's on par with the other ridiculous UlTIMATES... I would still rather have DK banner any day of the week.

When a DK dies, hordes go to the forums to demand a nerf. Nothing to see here.image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Im at work so I cant post a screen shot but there are screenshots and vids of this all over the official forums and reddit. BCBully I didn't expect you to be an outright liar in defending this. Play nightblade? Exploiting it much?

PS3

• mrgrimrprmrgrimrpr Member Posts: 87
    Im at work so I cant post a screen shot but there are screenshots and vids of this all over the official forums and reddit. BCBully I didn't expect you to be an outright liar in defending this. Play nightblade? Exploiting it much?

Yeah, you're kind of completely wrong. It is not "all over" Reddit or the official forums. You're the liar.

That hurts... I know the Pic you are speaking of. Again that's not per tick. After another day of play since patch, I do agree it is ticking too hard. So are Bats though, so is banner. The problem with Tether is that there is very little time to react if any if you can't break the stun. I understand. 

omg I hate DKs!!! Not you personally but DKs. ESO sure has a way of drumming up emotion though huh? It does it to me to. I was pissed at the timing change to bows PISSED lol :)

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    LOL! I never thought I'd see the day when people are calling Nightblades OP

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/124290/so-are-people-just-exploding-now for one on the front page. So will you stop being the contrarian when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

PS3

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

I still maintain the best thing the devs of any PvP content in a MMO could do is remove ALL skills/ abilties from PvP combat and let the players hit each other with auto attacks / light, heavy attacks depending on the game set up.

This wont stop all the cries for nerfs, but it should greatly minimize them...maybe....

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/124290/so-are-people-just-exploding-now for one on the front page. So will you stop being the contrarian when you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

That's a  thread made by a DK! Full of DKs!! image Yes the DoT tick is a wee bit much, but you guys deserve it!! 

Originally posted by bcbully

That's a  thread made by a DK! Full of DKs!! image Yes the DoT tick is a wee bit much, but you guys deserve it!! 

You know that other NB's Sorcs, and the odd Templar are affected by this too? Its so bad that the major pvp guild Im in (WCFC) has decided to withhold any group activities in cyrodil until fixed.

PS3

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    It's like revenge of the Nerdblades! It's sort of nice to hear NB and OP in the same sentence even if it's temporary lol :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Yeah Nightblades are actually killing players in Cyrodill now, not just getting ganked. FFS they have to DO something about it. :D
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Nyghthowler

I still maintain the best thing the devs of any PvP content in a MMO could do is remove ALL skills/ abilties from PvP combat and let the players hit each other with auto attacks / light, heavy attacks depending on the game set up.

This wont stop all the cries for nerfs, but it should greatly minimize them...maybe....

Because nothing says excitement and fun player vs player action more than a bunch of people whacking each other over the head with sticks.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Nyghthowler

That´s why PVE and PVP in one MMO just doesn´t work. Never has and never will!  Not unless you seperate PVE skills from PVP and PVP has it´s own set of skills.

This way you can Balance PVP perfectly, without negatively impacting PVE.

Something Square Enix is doing right now with FFXIV, where each job (class) has it´s own set of PVP skills. Completely seperate from PVE!

That´s the only way how to do it, without ultimately running Your game into the ground With constant nerfs on classes and contineous anger on forums.

Just my 2 cents.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Zenimax just doesnt have a clue about anything realy.

Glad i left this mmo, still hoped it would get alot better tough, but it seems its gets worse and worse.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Zenimax just doesnt have a clue about anything realy.

Glad i left this mmo, still hoped it would get alot better tough, but it seems its gets worse and worse.

Give me the name of a today MMO (other than EVE online) in which the devs actually do have a clue when it comes to PVP?

If PVP is all you care about, well I feel sorry for you and good Luck finding a MMO that suits your needs.

I love PVP myself, but I won´t get my PVP fix in a MMO, so I jump into an FPS game from time to time. Only type of PVP games that are actually balanced and fun.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    The only 'MMO' that gets PvP is the FPSMMO PS2. And guess what? No PvE, that's not a coincidence.
  • MetricaMetrica Member CommonPosts: 37

You know that other NB's Sorcs, and the odd Templar are affected by this too? Its so bad that the major pvp guild Im in (WCFC) has decided to withhold any group activities in cyrodil until fixed.

That sounds like a big group of children who don't like losing. 

• HaralinHaralin Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Metrica

That sounds like a big group of children who don't like losing. 

It seems they have no NBs they all leveled DK and now they need NBs to win, as often in PvP games not a matter of skill, no only the right class constelation.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

So basically the OP is complaining that the DK isn't overpowered anymore and after a 4 month reign of terror (especially in the Vamp bat swarm DK era) he is crying for a nerf because another class has been buffed?

Jeez... cry me a river... No sympathy here.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

It looks like patch day jitters. No one is complaining about Soul Tether one week later.
  • Its been fixed, along with a few other weird calling ults (Magma armor for example)

However those that are whining about how Dragonknights rule or what not and that Nightblades deserved how overpowered it was clearly haven't been paying attention to the game lately.

NB's are the best single target DPS in the game right now in Trials, they're incredibly powerful in PvP as well. So them having what was basically an 800 damage PBAE 4 second stun that instantly started doing a 700+ damage lifetap on a target was silly.

To give you an idea, Its hit me for 400+ damage while I was blocking non crit... If you pvped at all you'd realize how silly that is.

Before ya say "DK whatever" I play a Nightblade as well, and it was just stupid.

• HabitualFrogStompHabitualFrogStomp Member UncommonPosts: 370

Everyone knows the "l33t PVP" crowd rolled a DK on launch. They did enjoy the most time out of any class being an alpha class on a game that has a total of freakin 4. How that works I'll never know.

Even when DK batswarm shield bash was a thing I still managed to kill them on my NB. Dodge roll back, root, DoT, root again, repeat. I had DK's just give up and let me kill them, or maybe they were just so utterly shocked that their win button didn't work on me. Can't say, don't care. Quit the game. Couldn't be bothered doing the original pathetic vet ranks or keeping up with the constant FOTM arms race that ZOS perfected.

That's saying a lot because I played SWG pre-cu and saw many FOTM templates come and go, until ultimately settling on "rifleman kills everything except Jedi". You know it must suck when I won't stick around and beat my head against the wall for it.

Four classes, and you can't get them close to balanced? Honestly, just a terrible game.