Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored of Most of the Big Name Games

AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
There's probably been plenty of threads like this, but honestly, I've noticed I've been getting more and more bored of these big titled games, mmorpgs in particular. The only one I haven't tried out is TESO and I dont want to waste money just to test it out. I just tried Wildstar recently and its meh (to me) at best. Played most mmorpgs to cap (P2P/B2P/F2P) and did endgame for a while but it doesn't feel like how games used to say about 5+ years ago.

Game list includes:
Aion
FFXIV: ARR
FFXI
Tera
TSW
GW2
WoW
Rift
other minor games like Eden Eternal, Perfect World, etc

I honestly do not want to waste anymore time on Archeage till release and WoD beta....boring is all I'll say.

Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone feels the same as I do that games don't feel as good anymore or something. Side note: I did play FFXI for 6+ years consecutively until they made HNMs force spawn, then the game just felt like it was going downhill from there, but it still feels more complete than other games due to job versatility and the combat system is quite in depth if you use certain "tools" but its heavily people dependent, so if you're on a dead server and/or can't find a good linkshell, you're kinda out of luck unless you want to fork out money for a transfer.

Sorry for the rant.

Comments

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Find a new hobby?  

If you liked what you were playing 5+ years ago and don't now it's more you than the games.  The games haven't changed, you have. 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Find a new hobby?  

If you liked what you were playing 5+ years ago and don't now it's more you than the games.  The games haven't changed, you have. 

I mean, that's one perspective, but honestly games have changed quite a bit over the years and I can understand the business reasoning behind it. Its just it doesn't feel like its solid I suppose. Granted, I know people are probably more busy than they were in the past, but at the same time you have the newer generations getting caught up in the changes as well. That and so many gaming options so it doesn't feel like I can invest time/money in any of these games with confidence. I mean you can with SE since they are honestly too stubborn to go f2p. Same can be said about Blizzard, but these companies also have other fall backs and so on to rely on. Newer companies may only have their single mmo title to rely on so when they try to release something as P2P/B2P, they may be more inclined to release it a tier down just to save face. However, I can say with confidence that if Rift ever released flight, I would probably being playing that game exclusively. Till then, it kind of feels awkward, like playing WoW without flight, and that's the reason many people (not all) play WoW for anyway (at least myself).

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Have you tried Albatross 18: Realms of Pangya?

I would try more unique mmorpgs. The games you listed play very similarly. I don't know about you, but I also get tired of playing the same game for 200+ hours. There are mmorpgs with different playstyles like Mabinogi, Wurm, Vindictus, Dungeons and Dragons Online, and Eve. You just gotta go out and find them.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Yeah, I get what you mean. The main reason I play the bigger titles is because I have a little more confidence in their survivability. I get worried playing lesser known titles because of publishers just deciding one month that they want to shut them down. This happened to me when I was playing DoMo at Aeria, I really enjoyed that game but it wasn't really well known. Kitsu Saga was another game that I liked that Aeria published but got shut down. So I kind of ventured away from those titles due to experience. Also games that are kind of action based with rpg elements I tend to not want to become invested in mainly because I will reach max and do endgame-ish content which can become very repetitive and I kind of want to do it "zombie" ish at times since it can get boring.