Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's not over YET

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,225
Never count a game out until they shut down the last server.  Surprises can happen.

Comments

• blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479
    its looking like game over man.

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242

The server has been shut down, the world is over. 

:(

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Awe man, there are literally 10's of people disappointed right now.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

R.I.P. Vanguard

Passed on to that great server in the sky.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Farewell Vangaurd - you had the most beautyful Sky of all MMOs.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 382

RIP.

Now someone go make a Vanguard Emulator.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,383
    I wonder if a poll were to go up now asking which you would prefer Vanguard or EQ next, who would win ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SkullmongerSkullmonger Member Posts: 1

Originally posted by epoq

RIP.   Now someone go make a Vanguard Emulator.

Lets try this again:

Google is your friend.

Originally posted by Elsabolts
    I wonder if a poll were to go up now asking which you would prefer Vanguard or EQ next, who would win ?

I would vote for Vanguard
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,563

EQ Next - because right now it's all in people's minds, and that is the place where games are the coolest, best games ever.

The more concrete information SoE releases about EQ Next - the more our fantasy gets displaced by cold reality.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,857

I would take a repaired Vanguard over EQ Next, but it would need to work much better and have a designated team of Devs to stick with it. 

I will miss the game but not as much as other games like Warhammer and Tabula Rasa. 

I salute and bow to you Vanguard!!!  Until next time, I'm sure I will see you again somewhere.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,538

R.I.P. Vanguard. You were the only live (and probably beta!) MMO that managed to kill me that often by dropping me right through the world, and my first experience with Brad Mcquaid when he sold the whole thing to SOE and took off.

A few rl friends and I spent such a long time eagerly anticipating this game, and then when it finally went live it barely had any of the features we'd been so enthusiastic about. No leveling pacts, no naval combat and piracy. And the features that did make it into game were plagued with bugs.

Another one of those games with huge potential that never quite recovered from a very poor launch. =/

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• R.I.P

I never playing this game, but it's still sad to see a game that gave someone alot of joy. I've been torn apart from a few games I've loved and I know how much it hurts to see it go.

But, try to remember the good times you had and keep them close.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member UncommonPosts: 4,059

Is that a trick question ?

EQ Next is a completely different game. Its not compareable. And its also far from what I want.