Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"It will never happen" they said

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976

"It will never happen" they said...but considering the amount of negative drivel we get on this forum are you surprised they were wrong?

EU servers move to EU:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/07/28/european-megaserver-migration

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

It's easy to say something along the lines of 'this should have been the case from the start', but I'll take a more positive view:

This is good news for people like myself who gave up due to lagging issues. I'll wait a little while for the move to get over any teething problems then see how it goes.

And I'll hold my hands up and gladly admit I was one of the those who didn't think it would happen, happy to be proved wrong.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    I expect us to get some posts from 'players' telling us the lag is worse now, or a thread from a guy who only ever does one post on this site, that tells us how awful the lag now is. That's the norm here. :D
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

ESO - First Contact?

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Another step in the right direction, I might just return once Update 4 is out.

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Scot

"It will never happen" they said...but considering the amount of negative drivel we get on this forum are you surprised they were wrong?

EU servers move to EU:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/07/28/european-megaserver-migration

Here's another link for you.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78799/when-will-eu-server-will-come-to-eu

So there's someone saying they specifically promised it would happen.

Not that I'd criticise you for getting your wires crossed. ZO were making contradictory statements about other aspects of the game and oddly enough it was the Germans getting the truth in one of those too. Maybe they have scarier gaming journos?

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Holy shit. It took them this long to get the EU servers up?
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

The plan has been to open an EU data center from the beginning..

Where exactly did they say it would never happen?

What's surprising is how long it took, it was only supposed to be a month.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    It's funny how this is celebrated like a huge victory. Not like zenimax promised this from the beginning and just didn't care.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Lol Scot you scared me, saw the title, didn't look who posted and thought Nooo not F2P please...hehe

Good thing it was about EU servers :)

Wierd thing I started on the US server, then thought to install the EU aswell even though it might be in the same building for some reason I had longer loading times on the US based EU server then on the orignal server so I continued on the US server.

But the biggest difference I have seen so far between the 2 is community wise especially in the weekend for some reason people on the US server become more hostile and that's in the chatchannels.

Wasn't bothered much with lag but that's because I mainly play PVE so hope on the EU PVP side things are going to improve cause lag can be de difference between life and death in PVP. Not so much in PVE.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by SuperNick

The plan has been to open an EU data center from the beginning..

Where exactly did they say it would never happen?

What's surprising is how long it took, it was only supposed to be a month.

Exactly - I remember that it was supposed to take a 1 month post launch.

In the meantime other companies have *BETAS* already running with NA and EU datacenters.

But better late than never.

Also can I just say one more time how that entire line about "EU players playing on US servers was tested and worked fine" is 100% horseshit again?

I just can't believe that ANY company would try to use that line on their players.

I mean this is not a turn based game for pete's sake - and huge lag spikes happen regularly over transatlantic fiber lines.

FYI WoW's beta (not the PTR ones) realms are located in the US. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Let's see how long it takes before the issues are all ironed out now.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I expect us to get some posts from 'players' telling us the lag is worse now, or a thread from a guy who only ever does one post on this site, that tells us how awful the lag now is. That's the norm here. :D

No, the guy with a 7 year old account and 14 post (all about ESO) will say "I don't believe they moved it. There is no proof."

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Let's see how long it takes before the issues are all ironed out now.

And by then we can talk about all the new issues they'll have introduced!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by green13

EU servers move to EU:

Here's another link for you.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78799/when-will-eu-server-will-come-to-eu

So there's someone saying they specifically promised it would happen.

I'm assuming the Op was referring to negative posters on these forums

in the same way that some gamers have said -- the console will never happen  (despite what Zenimax says)

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well that's amazing , the EU server will be in EU , breaking news. How cool is that ? Totally ridiculous.

AAA MMO is it ? Yeah right.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.