Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mas Effect 4: Exploration and New Faster Mako

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/comic-con-2014-new-mass-effect-brings-back-the-mak/1100-6421326/

The all terrain vehicle looks a little different this time, and is apparently much faster than it used to be. BioWare said that the new Mass Effect will have an emphasis on exploration, and that the Mako will allow you to travel faster on alien planets. BioWare said that since you’ll spend a significant of time in the vehicle, it’s also considering allowing players to customize how it looks.

Repeating its statements at E3, BioWare said that the next Mass Effect will feature a human protagonist who is not Commander Shepard, the hero of the previous games. It did not say where or when the story will take place in the Mass Effect universe. We still don’t know if we’ll see returning characters, but BioWare did say that we’ll definitely see returning alien races.

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

So my Mako is a Spacecraft attached to Monster truck wheels????!!! I guess after the "art" they did with ME3 they can try and get away with anything.

Obviously ME4 has to take place before ME3 when all the races in the galaxy were turned into Reaverspawn (can't be human if your techno-organic) Seriously they destroyed the ME universe in ME3, ME4 is just a money grab.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I had very mixed feelings about that vehicle. I generally loved driving around in it, especially for fights and such. But I absolutely loathed it at times, especially when my OCD completionist made run over every nook and cranny of every damn planet to finish that N7 minerals mission. Which was just mind numbing and boring as hell.

Hmmm, I suppose I liked the car then, but despised the exploration part when it involved mindlessly trying to get across ridiculous mountain ranges and bouncing all over the place.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Originally posted by winter

So my Mako is a Spacecraft attached to Monster truck wheels????!!! I guess after the "art" they did with ME3 they can try and get away with anything.

Obviously ME4 has to take place before ME3 when all the races in the galaxy were turned into Reaverspawn (can't be human if your techno-organic) Seriously they destroyed the ME universe in ME3, ME4 is just a money grab.

They chose to solve that problem by having it take place in an entire different part of the galaxy. =P

So I'm guessing it didn't matter whatsoever which ending you chose, except for some vague mention, or maybe a run-in with some human-machine hybrid from that part of the galaxy. The mass relays are probably still busted too, so that'd be unlikely. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

If you dont like the way it looks you can customize it.

Or it takes place much later after ME3 as one of the human survivors.  If there were no humans left than how in the ending many years later there was the dad telling his son about the legend of shepard?

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I had very mixed feelings about that vehicle. I generally loved driving around in it, especially for fights and such. But I absolutely loathed it at times, especially when my OCD completionist made run over every nook and cranny of every damn planet to finish that N7 minerals mission. Which was just mind numbing and boring as hell.

Hmmm, I suppose I liked the car then, but despised the exploration part when it involved mindlessly trying to get across ridiculous mountain ranges and bouncing all over the place.

They are using the frostbite engine, the same engine used by BF4 and Dragon Age Inquisition.  SO expect there to be huge improvements.  The original Mass Effect games used the Unreal 3 Engine.

The original looked like a spacecraft attached to monster truck wheels too.  I guess haters will say anything though.

Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

The original looked like a spacecraft attached to monster truck wheels too.  I guess haters will say anything though.

Yep, I felt no huge disconnect when playing ME3 or seeing that picture for ME4. Obviously there will be slightly different models. We don't except every real world car and tank to be an exact copy of each other, why should Mass Effect's vehicles be any different? On the contrary, they should probably have even more diversity, since there's probably tons of different manufacturers since humanity actually has colonies in their time.