Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square Enix Final Fanstasy getting worse

2»

Comments

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549

Well, Final Fantasy XIII had the unfortunate problem of being too obviously linear and having a setting that was far too interesting for it's own good.  I think the world of Final Fantasy XIII looked gorgeous: there were back drops that really made me say, "I want to go and explore there", but then we got railroaded into following linear paths with no real exploration outside of a few small branches.  This is fine if we were playing an MMO and running a dungeon repeatedly for loot or a quick story (which is what linear corridor fests are good for), but on a casual, more laid back approach people want places to poke their nose into.

FFXIII hybrid combat, though... yeah...

Edit: As for Final fantasy XII: to enjoy that game someone had to be into Western Style games and MMOs.  The macro system was the same thing used in Dragon Age Origins and the gameplay was very much like an MMO RPG.  

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Problem with lighting returns main quest don't count, board quests don't count and monster battles don't count to extend the end of the world only side quests i found that really strange and annoying at the same time.

I did a test were all i did was main quests just to find out they don't extend the end of world deadline.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I enjoyed FF 10 and 12.  13 was a huge miss for me.  The earlier games 7 was the one I enjoyed quite a bit.  It seems the expectations of all of us are somewhat different in areas and it makes it a near impossibility to make a game everyone is going to like.  With the name Final Fantasy, you have to come to expect, and lately hope, for an epic game.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Final Fantasy 9 was my favorite. Which one can I not stand? Final Fantasy 7. Sue me. Cloud is a turd.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

The only FFs I really didn't like are FF2 (the NES version), FF8 (hate Squall) and the FF13 series.  (didn't play Lightning Returns.  The end to FF13-2 bummed me out)

I liked most of the other ones overall.  The ones that Sakaguchi worked on were probably the best, but some of the newer gen ones haven't been so bad.  Currently playing FFXIV and I think it's going to have an amazing story given enough time.  You can already see things with the story starting to wind up as of the last patch.