Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else looking forward to abusing justice system?

13»

Comments

• MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit
    Originally posted by Maelwydd
    Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit

The goal of these kind of system is to provoke a reaction.

When somebody chainkill you or grief you, the expected reaction isn't to cry to the developpers or on the forum, the expectation reaction is to call for help or call your guild to make justice by yourself (Yes, giving players more freedom works both ways)

Who is expecting the reaction?

It certainly isn't the developers otherwise they wouldn't get rid of these systems when they get abused.

It certainly isn't the people being abused by the system otherwise they wouldn't bring it to the attention of the developers to fix.

So that leaves those abusing the system and seeing as they show ZERO respect for either the developers or those they are abusing why the fuck should either the developers or the abused care?

That is why I have pretty much given up on open PvP in an MMO. I will stick to either PvP with balanced sides (such as WOT battlegrounds in MMO's) or games with heavy control and moderation (such as privately owned NWN servers).

You could design a great system but some douchebag will come along and ruin it for the rest of the participants. I am just getting too old to feel the need to put up with the douchebags any more.

Developpes got rid of those systems because a more casual crows became prominent in the MMORPG scene. Eve developpers (I take Eve as an example, since it is one of the biggest sandbox MMORPG atm) let those mechanics because they know that, while griefers and scammers exists, there are also people who group up and fight those griefers.

Griefers has the freedom to grief players, but players also has the freedom to fight back. This is the expected reaction in that kind of games.

Every gamer with a little experience know that frustration should be part of the game, because frustration is what make the reward sweeter (If you play Dark Souls 1/2, for example, it is the same principles).

Personnaly, I love open-PvP, because the best moment I had in MMORPG were because of griefers and chainkillers (and how I fought back, ofcourse)

It's obvious you are a griefer. You didn't even try very hard to hide it.  If you weren't, you would never defend them.  I'm glad most new mmos don't have open world PVP.  Last mmo I played with this system was Tera.  Nothing is as fun as having basement dwelling neck breads who grinded to cap in 20 hours standing at the main entrance of the first area you could start pvping (level 10).  Everyone who tried to just start their new characters in a new mmo were met with these asshats.  

As soon as some people managed to get by and actually cap their characters.  Quite a few of them returned to try and help against the griefers.  Since you are a griefer, i'm sure you already know what happened.  Like cowards, they would run away or logged as soon as someone their own level showed up.  Then those capped players would leave.  The griefers logged back on.  

Nobody enjoys this type of frustration.  A games difficulty like Dark souls has zero relevance to some asshole griefing people.  Developers didn't stop making these type of systems because of a casual crowd.  That is ridiculous.  They just get tired of people like you joining their mmos.

Actually no. I played Eve for a relatively short amount of time and I spent most of this time helping the new members of my corp. I played WoW for a long time, and I would often help my teammates when they would get killed by members of the ennemy factions.

I'm not defending griefers, I'm defending the freedom these games propose. I can understand that some people don't like this type of MMORPG, some people don't necessarily like having to interact with other people (either in good or bad) and prefer playing solo-like with little to no multiplayer.

About the situation you're describing: in MMORPG, in general, when a player logs out, the character remains in the game for 10-20 seconds letting other players kill him.

I just enjoy MMORPG that put unexpected things in front of me, either good or bad, and let me modify the situation without calling the makers of the game. It's not a problem to face griefers, because I have the tools to fight back.

About OP's post, I would gladly meet him in game. If he kills a NPC, he'll get a bounty and I'll be able to fight back and reverse the situation.