Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they fix these issues yet?

BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

I never made it past the 30 free days but I thought the game had potential to be great. I few things that bothered me were:

Grouping - felt awkward and required me to do solo instanced quests from time to time which proved difficult because I went full tank build. Have they changed these solo quests at all?

Low level PvP - it was a fun distraction but gave little to no XP so you were forced to get back to questing if you wanted to progress.

Have other armour types and weapons become viable or is everyone still cloth / staff ?

Dungeons - did they add a roll to loot from chests so that they don't get ninja'd?

Did they sort out the issue when someone would get kicked from group but still remain in the dungeon?

I'm excited for the future of the game with the removal of VR and introduction of crime & punishment.

Just thought I'd ask about these specific issues as they were what caused me to stop playing

Thanks

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

Comments

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

Grouping - felt awkward and required me to do solo instanced quests from time to time which proved difficult because I went full tank build. Have they changed these solo quests at all?

1-50 no, because solo content is very easy. Veteran levels were nerfed and can now properly be soloed. Choosing to go full tank was your choice. You had to be aware this specific play style will be harder to play outside dunegons. I would say its working as intended.

Low level PvP - it was a fun distraction but gave little to no XP so you were forced to get back to questing if you wanted to progress.

You get more XP in PVP then before. It is hard for me to say how much pre veteran ranks get, but as a vet player I get quite a lot of vet XP in Cyrodil.

Have other armour types and weapons become viable or is everyone still cloth / staff ?

They have allways been viable. Except for those who min-max in order to get on top of trials leaderboard. That being said. they are working on stamina builds. Better then before sure, not completely fixed. People did a drama queen act when top guilds started using this for trials without understanding that is viable for a nieche audience.

Dungeons - did they add a roll to loot from chests so that they don't get ninja'd?

No. But there are less chests with better loot now. From personal experience not many peole try to find them anymore. No need to.

Did they sort out the issue when someone would get kicked from group but still remain in the dungeon?

You get auto kick after 30 seconds if not in group now.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    As Paske said, most of the issues you had have been resolved, but a few them are intentional design decisions. Hope you come back and enjoy the game with us!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    Originally posted by Paske

1-50 no, because solo content is very easy. Veteran levels were nerfed and can now properly be soloed. Choosing to go full tank was your choice. You had to be aware this specific play style will be harder to play outside dunegons. I would say its working as intended.

You get more XP in PVP then before. It is hard for me to say how much pre veteran ranks get, but as a vet player I get quite a lot of vet XP in Cyrodil.

They have allways been viable. Except for those who min-max in order to get on top of trials leaderboard. That being said. they are working on stamina builds. Better then before sure, not completely fixed. People did a drama queen act when top guilds started using this for trials without understanding that is viable for a nieche audience.

Yes they fixed it, now everyone within i think it was 50 feet get to loot their own chest only one can get the lockpick exp pre  veteran level tho. Same with the heavy bags and to combat to much loot there is only 2 chests 2 bags now and sometimes pretty cleverly hidden.

Fixed the miss information bud

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

And there I thought you have to et a roll dice like in WOW.

Every time someone would unlock a chest in dungeon ( post patch ) I would go - damn wish I was faster :)

Reading patch notes with comprehention 101

Ah well, thanks for that info :)

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Paske

No. But there are less chests with better loot now. From personal experience not many peole try to find them anymore. No need to.

Thanks for the info but in regards to 

"1-50 no, because solo content is very easy. Veteran levels were nerfed and can now properly be soloed. Choosing to go full tank was your choice. You had to be aware this specific play style will be harder to play outside dunegons. I would say its working as intended."

Yes going full tank was my choice and I always play this role in games. Thing is I usually always play with  a friend who goes healy dps so being made to solo content in an MMO is really an odd design choice, and doesn't really encourage playing how you want, especially with expensive re-spec prices and no system for havng no multi-build system like Rift for example. I wouldn't mind if I could juggle between 2 builds easily for solo quests but with the current set-up, it kind of forces you to build you character in a certain way.

Please note I haven't played since launch so if any of my info is out of date, please don't kill me!

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    As Paske said, most of the issues you had have been resolved, but a few them are intentional design decisions. Hope you come back and enjoy the game with us!

Oh I'll definitely be returning, will probably wait til they implement some of the big changes they've announced recently!

• bleakravenbleakraven Member UncommonPosts: 25

Regarding the solo quest, those are only for the mages and fighter's guild as far as I know. I haven't encountered any other solo quests.

They mostly fixed phasing and are adding new mechanics that help players stay together too. :)

I think they added that chests in dungeons have loot for each person now, so they can be looted once per person. 

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    ESO actually doesnt need quitters coming back as the sub number from june shows, they arent worried.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    ESO actually doesnt need quitters coming back as the sub number from june shows, they arent worried.

Zenimax published sub numbers?  Or are you referencing the SD report which is questionable.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

My concern with "quitters" is that if you left after a month with what TESO had to other I just can't see how you can come back a few months later and expect to enjoy the game for more than another month. But maybe that's all they want to do?

Most of the issues that supposedly needed fixing were not issues for me, so I do see this through the eyes of someone who was wondering what the fuss was all about anyway.

My main concern is that these players will come back, play for a month then do another leaving thread. The likes off:

"You told me it was fixed"

"Zenimax lied"

That's the sort of crap we have not had to put up with for a while as the content locusts have moved on, I think we can do without the same posters giving us their angst about the game all over again.

But then I would never play a MMO I had left for at least a year. What do you expect any MMO to have got done in a few months?

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Personally I like what they announced for Update 4, so I think thats when I will dip my feet again, cautiously optimistic about that update and the fact they are moving servers to EU soon.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    whats keeping me away from eso is looking at their current plan for the game they are taking some elements that made es cames awsesome and tacking them on at random...like thievery and justice.  the problem is they wanted both a theme park and open world es game but intentionally used an engine that forced them to leave out all the elements that made the es universe awesome out.  STOP USING THE HERO ENGINE GAME DEVS

so say we all

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by cylon8
    whats keeping me away from eso is looking at their current plan for the game they are taking some elements that made es cames awsesome and tacking them on at random...like thievery and justice.  the problem is they wanted both a theme park and open world es game but intentionally used an engine that forced them to leave out all the elements that made the es universe awesome out.  STOP USING THE HERO ENGINE GAME DEVS

Perhaps they already wanted those things in yet not enough time to develop it well enough to be fun ingame?

Oh and besides that have you already played the Thieves guild or justice system to make such statement? I have yet to see how well or not it might be implimented before saying something like it being tacked on.

Why do people  still react negative when something is offered that many ask(ed) for?

Besides ESO aint fully made with the Hero Engine but I am sure you already knew that.....right?

• Originally posted by Bulldoze

I never made it past the 30 free days but I thought the game had potential to be great. I few things that bothered me were:

I'm excited for the future of the game with the removal of VR and introduction of crime & punishment.

Just thought I'd ask about these specific issues as they were what caused me to stop playing

Thanks

Full Tank Build? you mean 1 handed/shield? Cause.... This game was incredibly easy at the start for 1 handed/shield..I basically bashed my way to VR12 with ease.

Low Level PvP - They increased XP, next patch has new Campaign for Sub Vr levels as well...so you'll actually be able to PvP and not be run over

Other Armor and Weapons - Trials still require Light armor and Staves pretty much for DPS, PvP is less confined. Really depends on what ya wanna do. For example I run a Full Medium Armor Stamina DK.

Not sure on Kicking issue, I run in a guild group if I do dungeons