Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Drop coming to Wildstar!

Lets have a topic that is not about crying about what Wildstar is / lacks  , how it only caters to a few people and such. Carbine actually showed through the strain drop ( which added  quite a few things , like story quests and a new area ( casual -friendly content , anyone ? ) )  , they just announced their  soon to come drop , Sabotage http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/drops/2/sabotage/  .  Seems to me that pvper will like this one ... it has bombs :)   

I'd really like to see what those that keep talking about  wildstar having nothing for casual gamers.

Comments

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135
    It sounds like you are just trying to stir the fire in others. My 2 cents
  • Prod1702Prod1702 Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Lets stir it.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

well, look at the official Forums. There are no pvp players left.

Botting

bad miscalculated matchmaking

non-existant Warplots (people speak of them like seeing the Yeti)

pvp gear gap is way too huge

Wildstar pretty fu... up their pvp :(

Hodor!

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Too little too late, Carbine.

You targeted a minority market and ignored everyone else - now you can live with your hardcore market and hope they bring in money.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Pvp in Wildstar is a joke, theres enough threads already on official forums about why, but they screwed it up from the get-go and werent willing to fix it before most of the pvp crowd left.

It's doomed to just be an afterthought now in a game that apperently doesn't want casuals/socials to enjoy its group content.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I'm just psyched for the Esper mobility updates!! Now I won't have any hesitation about playing my little Chua Esper :).

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    no free trials yet? :(
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Id be excited, but the content from the last patch is still so full of bugs ... that I honestly have no intention of even setting foot in the new BG for a month, and I seriously doubt I will play it for very long and the pvp in this game just sucks anyway.

I love this game, but ... for industry vets they are making way too many rookie mistakes, that are close to killing it for me.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

PvP is the weakest part of WildStar  (by a long shot, even GW2 arenas are better and those were arguably the worst in the genre before.)

I'm glad if anyone left heavy into PvP is excited for the update, but I'll be much more excited a few months down the road when the UI problems, bug fixes, and combat mechanics are all tightened up and fixed.

I don't think Sabotage is going to bring anyone back or into the game just for Sabotage basically, but I do think people would come back if they knew all the bugs and problems at release were fixed, myself included.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I would re sub if they optimized the dang thing, It is the single worse problem plaguing this game. You can not have people with a good rig only getting 20fps.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Originally posted by SuperNick

Too little too late, Carbine.

You targeted a minority market and ignored everyone else - now you can live with your hardcore market and hope they bring in money.

This.

Although WS's raids are top notch and it has real potential to even surpass WoW in the PvE (raid) aspect the rest of the game sadly falls short. PvP is extremely underwhelming and adding new BG's won't change much because it's not a matter of quantity. Crafting is OK and i guess a number of people find a good distraction in housing.

Raids aside i would rate the rest of the game as mediocre.