Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ME fast cast?

renstimpy99renstimpy99 Member Posts: 175

Does the primary Mesmer skill fast casting increase the casting animation, or does it increase the recharge time for spells so you can cast a spell more often?image

Comments

• renstimpy99renstimpy99 Member Posts: 175
    ooops I just read my own post and noticed that it doesnt make sence. I mean does fast cast DECREASE the recharge time of spells, or make the casting animation faster.
  • DallasTXDallasTX Member Posts: 41

It makes the casting time (and animation I suppose) faster. I don't believe it has any effect on recharge, though you can find equipment that will give you a chance at quicker recharge time.

I'm a primary Mesmer and have been dissappointed in how little effect Fast Casting points seem to have. I've been up to level 8 and it just doesn't seem to make that much difference. I'm back down now to level 5 so I could bump up death and illusion.

Dallas Confusor
    www.wolfgaming.net

• SoraKogekiSoraKogeki Member Posts: 51
    Ok, a bit confused here but let me answer what I think you are trying to say.  For spells that can cast fast, their recharge rate varies.  Some recharge fast while other slow.  It is all based on the effectiveness of the spell.  They need to balance the spells you know. image  However, if you are talking about using a spells to decrease cast time (Which I don't if it exist.  Didn't make a Me before.), it will increase the recharge rate, I believe.  I do know there are spells that can reduce recharge rate but if have a negative or positive result.  Hopes that help.  image
  • neoshamanneoshaman Member Posts: 17

In response to the Mesmers fast cast attribute, the more attribute points you put into fast casting, the faster you will be able to cast skills, but it only works on mesmer skills, not your secondary skills. Instead of a skill taking 5 seconds to cast, it may take 2 seconds to cast it in instead if you put points into fast casting. It doesn't change the how fast the skill recharge though.

However, there is still debate as to whether fast casting is all that important, some people have argued its better to put your points in other attributes than go wasting it into fast casting.