Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 Dragons, Runescape, Skills that level up, yo.

NichktNichkt Member Posts: 1

I really like this mechanic, and to be honest, it may have what kept me playing those games for so long. 

Are there any other games with this type of skill mechanic?

I also really like to be able to min/max stats like how the two games allow me to do so, and I haven't seen a game let me do that so far.

Comments

• AlumicardAlumicard Member UncommonPosts: 388

Didn't play one of the games you mentioned but if I understand your "Skills that level up, yo" correct then you might want to try Gorgon.

It has a skill system that levels on use which is what you are looking for I guess and also some other fun feature. You can unlock skills when you have x level of one skill, y level of another and do a quest. Your build can consist of different skill lines but only 2 skill bars which means that you can change a skillbar from f.e. archery to sword on the fly but you cant have sword, archery and some magic school (i.e. necromancy) at the same time. Just a way to keep all max chars in check I guess, haven't gotten so far yet.

The graphic is very simple but afaik only 2 or so people work on it so yeah, just dont expect a AAA title.

Questing is actually reading quests and finding the location yourself. And if that doesnt help you maybe find help in the chat or as last resort you can check the wiki.

Overall, imho, a very nice game if you dont mind simple graphic, with a good item system and fun features like turning into a cow, pig or werewolf.

It is F2P because they still work on it.

If you just want to test it I'd suggest the "play in browser feature" (unity) as a guest account. If you like it you can make the guest into a real account ingame and maybe download the client (less loading time).

Gamesite:

http://projectgorgon.com/

wiki (you will need it)

http://project-gorgon.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Gorgon_Wiki

I really hope I understood your "Skills that level up, yo" correct.