Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam ESO forum privilege locked

"Posting privileges: Only players who own The Elder Scrolls Online are allowed to post in this forum."

Have never seen that on Steam before. lol, not even X-Rebirth did that...

Comments

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

The game has a lot of trolls that seem to have nothing better to do then to post about their distaste for the game so doesn't really surprise me.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

The overwhelming hate for this game has an entire crusade of people who will stop at nothing to try and derail this game. I know there are haters and fanbois alike but in the case of ESO they really push the limits....

I am not sure who pissed in their cheerios, or kicked their puppy but man nothing in life is worth hating that much...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• GoobyYoYoGoobyYoYo Member Posts: 8

Why would they do that?  I was a potential customer because that 50% is tempting.  But that throws up even more red flags surrounding this game.  I guess I will sit on the fence a little longer. 

[mod edit]

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451
    If they truly despised the game, they'd buy it just so that they can bash it on the locked forums.  People sub to WoW purely to do the same thing.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Vortex5oo

"Posting privileges: Only players who own The Elder Scrolls Online and bought on STEAM are allowed to post in this forum."

Little fix because I own the game and am subbed, got STEAM, can't post....

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Originally posted by mrBurns210

The game has a lot of trolls that seem to have nothing better to do then to post about their distaste for the game so doesn't really surprise me.

specifically why would that not surprise you?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Originally posted by Wighty

The overwhelming hate for this game has an entire crusade of people who will stop at nothing to try and derail this game. I know there are haters and fanbois alike but in the case of ESO they really push the limits....

I am not sure who pissed in their cheerios, or kicked their puppy but man nothing in life is worth hating that much...

I think the core question here is why are so many people hyper pissed instead of just indiferent.

any theories?

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    its because the force is strong in the "its not skyrim!" haters that troll ESO forums
  • KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    [mod edit]

Game is bad - People are pissed they paid for it (some hundreds of $) - People post bad things about the game.

---

What is so surprising to you?

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

"Posting privileges: Only players who own The Elder Scrolls Online are allowed to post in this forum."

OMG they really let us get them to them :D

Only thing I've had happen with X-(P)rebirth was a temp ban from their Steam forums for 2 or 3 days...

• TankYou88TankYou88 Member Posts: 310
    There is so much hate for this game because of the devastation they called a launch. Nothing was fixed that everyone complained about during the beta.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by GoobyYoYo

Why would they do that?  I was a potential customer because that 50% is tempting.  But that throws up even more red flags surrounding this game.  I guess I will sit on the fence a little longer. 

EDIT:  Now the only place I have to discuss this game as a non-owner is here :(   Anybody have a good site to reccomend that isn't overloaded with haters, fanboys, and that actually moderates the trolling done by both haters AND fans for those of us who don't own the game yet?

Blame the trolls. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

What's the issue. They don't want you creating hate posts. Move on.

Originally posted by Soandsoso

there is a fine line between a hate post and a post just explaining why someone didnt buy the game.

Could it be that is why we have decided free speech is a good thing?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I think the core question here is why are so many people hyper pissed instead of just indiferent.

any theories?

Because the IP, why else? The hate started over it long before it was even playable.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

any theories?

Because the IP, why else? The hate started over it long before it was even playable.

people dont like the IP?

• TheBlackWolfTheBlackWolf Member UncommonPosts: 48
    The hate for ESO still pales in comparison to the hate SWTOR gets, so you have that going for you at least, which is nice!

any theories?

people dont like the IP?

Don't play obtuse, you know exactly why the IP relates to the "hate"...

any theories?

people dont like the IP?

I prefer it when the fans of the game understand it though, 

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Nah they want the game to go F2P so they do everything they can to make sure it does not get any success by submitting bad comments about the game everywhere they go.

They like the game but they don't see it as a game that should have a sub, so they voice there opinions on every forums they go to. And the best place to do this is where the games gets release ( steam ) and where future or existing players hangout. 

There is a chance they will win by doing this, but i personally hope they don't. I wish to see ESO get all the fix it needs and keep going, everyone needs something to play that they like. And honestly there is such a huge percantage of people that had high hopes for this one that it does not make sense to wish otherwise. 

any theories?

people dont like the IP?

I prefer it when the fans of the game understand it though, 

Fans who don't own it? That's a a new one...

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Pretty sad imo, they can't handle negative criticism?

The threads and responses to threads in there were running at least 3 to 1 negative....

And a lot of the negative responses were not "trolling"; just "Played the beta, didn't buy..." or "Not a good ES game, compared to other ES games..." or "Not that great of an MMO, have played with all the same mechanics before...".

Nothing wrong with any of the comments like that. No hate, no trolling, just mediocre comments about a mediocre game.

Makes them look stupid, especially because most copies were sold outside of Steam channels....

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

While i have no ill will for the game, glad to see another P2P game doing alright (hopefully), but there is a lot of "Leave Britney alone" vibes going around with this game. i mean do they care that much? probably every MMO under the sun has had hate/trolling/negative comments and take it on the chin, but here they seem to be trying to create this safety bubble around the game.

Just find it weird tbh

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

there is a fine line between a hate post and a post just explaining why someone didnt buy the game.

And why do you feel the urge to go to a forum and explain why you DIDN'T buy x or z game? I'm not buying tons of games as well. Why should i believe that others are even remotely interested in my valid or not valid reasons? Self entitlement much? 

On the matter, they did a good thing in allowing only owners of the game to post on said forums as they where swarmed with mindless haters and trolls. 

Originally posted by Shodanas

And why do you feel the urge to go to a forum and explain why you DIDN'T buy x or z game? I'm not buying tons of games as well. Why should i believe that others are even remotely interested in my valid or not valid reasons? Self entitlement much? 

On the matter, they did a good thing in allowing only owners of the game to post on said forums as they where swarmed with mindless haters and trolls. 

free speech doesnt require a reason that you understand or agree with.