Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addicted to Ultima Online

Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773
It's like a disease, or a drug. Like most games, UO was very addicting. I started 4 years ago, played for 3 years and quit for 1 year and came back for 2 days. Why did I only come back for 2 days? IT SUCKED! compared to the old UO that I knew. 3 months after I began UO, I finally gave in to my brother who would beg to play it. Before I started, I would watch my older brother play it. He wouldn't let me play. But he quit because me and my twin took over. Anyways, I would play literally all day unless I needed a bio break. It was sad. My parents and siblings would tell me to get off the computer and I would be the topic of jokes.  When my brother joined, we would fight over it. You'd think the fighting would end after the first year or two, but no, it lasted the whole time. Immaturity is also to blame, we were only 13. But our parents made us play on two hours per person terms. So we would have several two hour sessions a day. Sitting on a chair 24/7 I think may lead to serious health problems. I knew it wasn't good for me and when I would get in fights with other people on UO, it made me so mad. Some people were so immature, along with the people they fight with that are immature. Anyways, it never got boring. I couldn't get off. I remember one time, I hadn't gotten off since the morning before. I literally went through the entire night playing UO. My parents had once before told us our account had been suspended. But we got it back somehow. We recruited two of our friends into the game. So here I am. I quit for good because the game had started to suck. That was over a year ago. I recently went back for 2 days. (Still having to pay for the whole month). But what I saw was horrendous, I didn't think anyone could manage to destroy as game as well as they did. It was very sad. But it was also the beginning of my real life. I had been with Shadowbane for about a month or less. I didn't like that. It just wasn't UO. Nothing would ever be UO. Not the one I knew atleast. Oh well, I'm not addicted anymore. imageLife can be so much more when you aren't addicted to something.

Comments

• SandmanXSandmanX Member Posts: 4
    why do i have a feeling that i'll probably end up like you? but only one thing separates us; i think Ultima Online totally R0X0RZ no matter what anyone says or does in that realm.. it's a deep and immersive game and i have no qualms about spending hours on it just to chop down that fuckin' tree! w00t! image

~You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
    ~Hey, do you know what winks and makes love like a tiger? *WINK*
    ~The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them

~You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.
    ~Hey, do you know what winks and makes love like a tiger? *WINK*
    ~The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them

• convergeconverge Member Posts: 76
    yeah i pretty much spend all day playing it running round with FL. yes im in FL im evilimage

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I currently don't play ANY games,  MMORPGs or any.

I've busy with adult things. :)  And getting news for this site. . .

To bad I wasn't 14 again.  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • NickNick Member Posts: 1
    Yeah I was like this for a while.  After AoS the game did go downhill for the most part, I still love it though its just different I guess I used to spend hours in shame now I spend hours walking fel looking for an orange to kill lol.