Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

big duck in town

arcundoarcundo Member UncommonPosts: 88

In one of the concept art pictures it is a fountain duck in a fort or town.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6457/mdguildmine01.jpg

Is this a City State Entertainment joke like the one about a former president being in the game, or can one expect it actually being ingame?

I guess the concern is if City State Entertainment likes to place ingame jokes, that could interfere with immersion...

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by arcundo

In one of the concept art pictures it is a fountain duck in a fort or town.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6457/mdguildmine01.jpg

Is this a City State Entertainment joke like the one about a former president being in the game, or can one expect it actually being ingame?

I guess the concern is if City State Entertainment likes to place ingame jokes, that could interfere with immersion...

It's a inside joke from Kickstarter. I don't remember exactly but it was something like during one of the earliest videos there was a toy duck on a wall behind Mark along with a bunch of other miscellaneous crap. It caught the attention of some backers who sent in more toy ducks and ever since there has been a running joke about ducks with the game. I don't think it will have much of a presence in the actual game at launch. Maybe as a statue you can place in/outside your house or an emblem for your guild that can be placed on a shield/cloak.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• arcundoarcundo Member UncommonPosts: 88

Thanks that was reassuring! :-)

To much silly refereces ingame is not my cup of tea. Although the movie references on quest names in WoW was somewhat funny, it took away from immersion.

• arcundoarcundo Member UncommonPosts: 88

Duck ingame in alpha? (see picture in link under):

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/926/view/news/read/34151/Camelot-Unchained-Alpha-Begins-Full-Time-Environmental-Artist-Hired.html

So will they remove it from alpha to beta, or Beta to launch?

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    I like the duck... it should stay.
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308

Long live the duck!

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Sounds like the OP needs a proctologist to extract that stick.

Maybe there should be a vote to see if players would prefer humor removed from the game or if the majority of folks can overlook a little immersion break and just laugh it off.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Dauntis

You bump this thread again just to insult the OP who didn't even say anything overly bad? Really?

I know what to expect from the CU community...

Harbinger of Fools
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by Dakeru

You bump an 8 months old thread just to insult the OP who didn't even say anything overly bad? Really?

The OP bumped his own 8 month old thread...

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    Originally posted by Dakeru

You bump an 8 months old thread just to insult the OP who didn't even say anything overly bad? Really?

The OP bumped his own 8 month old thread...

Yeah I noticed but still attacking him for this is so meh...

Harbinger of Fools