Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC forum Mod team: a disappointing story.

M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

So it all started out rosy and peachy. As soon as the forums were open, we entered a welcoming atmosphere, conducted by very friendly and caring devs and forum mods. We were told how the team behind SC is all about players and their wishes, because the people behind the game are gamers themselves and they understand.  Yea... but when concrete developments of the game were released and complaints have started to emerge, somehow the whole atmosphere changed. People who complain against the current flow of development are viewed as instigators and being detrimental to the overall player community. Ive had my run-ins with mods for supposedly instigating something, and currently got complete ban from forums, where I cant even access my account, and no explanation for how long or why. This kind of attitude towards players, especially those who have invested good chunks of money, is insulting to me, and  I have a totally new view of CIG now which will likely influence my future participation in this project. Once big money gets involved the fairy tale fades.

Comments

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

You already created a post regarding similar stuff about SC.

Is there really need for a 2nd?

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
    Originally posted by Shodanas

You already created a post regarding similar stuff about SC.

Is there really need for a 2nd?

2 different issues. Unless you mean that both posts are about SC, then yes, they are both about SC because this is a SC forum. Are they both negative? yea they are. I would post another negative post if another issue came out, but its too bad that i havent faced one yet. At least here MMORPG.com mods care less about negativity that SC is gaining from player base, and I can somewhat freely express my frustration instead of getting insta-banned for voicing it.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Words such as "player -driven"  and "sandbox"  are the current buzzwords.  Never forget it is the developers ultimately who control everything and do it their way.  Gamers are slow to learn this but learn it they must.