Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 4 multiplayer

kresa3333kresa3333 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Hey guys so still no news about fallout 4 , but i got a feeling it will have some sort of multiplayer in it and here are a few things i would like seeing in it :
1 ) Mmo - probebly smallest chance but imagine a true open world fallout mmo darn if they would nail that one its jackpot!
2 ) story co-op - Can be nice to play with friends on max difficulty once u done the story for the lore aspect.
3 ) pve / pvp matchmaking - Instead of playing togheter on the story ( or maybe as an extra ) have the option to join special co-op missions and pvp modes with its own reward system, ( hell maybe even add matchmaking based on ur gear / progress in ur story )

Comments

• peaceobsessionpeaceobsession Member CommonPosts: 2
    The trick to what you are suggesting is really to add multi-player, but not have that mmo grind feel. I love the play style and feel of the Fallout games (Well 3 and New Vegas anyway). If the did that thou I would make it my main game as I still play NV quite a bit.
  • MsPtibiscuitMsPtibiscuit Member Posts: 164
    Please, not a MMO. They already raped the ES licence with ESO, I don't want an other licence to undergo the same thing.
  • BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201
    Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit
    Please, not a MMO. They already raped the ES licence with ESO, I don't want an other licence to undergo the same thing.

+ 1

Not MMO, but the other two options could be fun.

----

----

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

If Todd Howard is producing the game I doubt it will include multiplayer. He's all about the solo RPG experience.

I just don't see them developing the game around solo & co-op/multiplayer. (in regards to story/quests)

If they did include it I don't think any part of the game will be group only content. It will be soloable but if you want to do it with friends you can. Just up the difficulty slider.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by kresa3333
    Hey guys so still no news about fallout 4 , but i got a feeling it will have some sort of multiplayer in it and here are a few things i would like seeing in it :
    1 ) Mmo - probebly smallest chance but imagine a true open world fallout mmo darn if they would nail that one its jackpot!
    2 ) story co-op - Can be nice to play with friends on max difficulty once u done the story for the lore aspect.
    3 ) pve / pvp matchmaking - Instead of playing togheter on the story ( or maybe as an extra ) have the option to join special co-op missions and pvp modes with its own reward system, ( hell maybe even add matchmaking based on ur gear / progress in ur story )

I think they would be stupid not to include some kinda co-op or death match mode. Its all the hype these days!

However, by doing so will probably kill what ever legacy the franchise had.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by MsPtibiscuit

Was thinking the exact same thing. Why ruin another great title by making it a MMO...haven't ween seen enouph of this?

• nomotagnomotag Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Co-Op could be kind of neat. Most of the Co-Op games we get are 100% focused on killing things, but a game like fallout (TES) has a bigger focus on exportation and other non-combative activities. Co-Op talking, Co-Op shopping, Co-Op, ect. That could be a neat thing to see done in a group.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

If they want to actually sell copies on PC, then no multiplayer. If they are just worried about selling console copies, then yes they can add multiplayer. Modding was very big for FO3 and FONV. Just couldn't see them keeping that level of mod-ability and having multiplayer.  I mean could you imagine this scenario. I invite you to join a co-op game with me, but before you can even get started. I give you a list of about 50+ mods you need to install first. image

Right now my Steam version of FO3 has about 30+ mods installed. FONV more then double that.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.