Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mini Review

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Few Facts:

-Game is in beta so there are only 3 worlds right now and the max level is 20

-The f2p restrictions are harsh: No mini dungeons (they are everywhere), less stars (exp to buy skills) and you can't talk to other players

-Beating the current storyline gives you enough cash currency to buy a 1 month sub to bypass the restrictions

The game is a slow paced Diablo style game. You have 3 characters at your disposal and each has 1 skill. However you can swap your chars in the middle of a fight without any delay. So it's possible to start by using a crowd control move - instantly swap to your damage dealer and potentially nuke your enemies before they reach you.

The chars are divided into the classes of Striker, Defender and Builder.

However from what I observed - upgraded chars are somewhat on par with each other in terms of dealing damage. The Builder has the problem of being a bit squishy but as their name suggests, they can build quite fast which comes in handy during boss fights.

There is a customization feature to change your stats by placing bricks in the menu. Though it doesn't seem quite fleshed out yet.

The game's charm comes from the nonsense and mumbling of the playable characters. Childish humor for sure - but if you went to see the Lego movie with your kids this year and had fun then you will have fun with this game as well.

I never get enough of the singing of my favorite character the Sea Captain: "..Drunken Sailor!" "Scurvy Dog!!" "Seven Seas!"

Each character represents themselves with mumbling like this, until you either grow fond of them or you end up wanting to strangle them.

All in all if you are bored and on the fence about this game just give it a try. Only 3 worlds with max level 20 - you can beat the whole current game just from taking a good look. 

TL;DR: If you don't mind the kiddie style you may have fun with this game.

PS: If someone invites you to a party; accept - even if you can't talk to the guys, the game is much more fun with teamwork.

Harbinger of Fools