Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release the Krakens weekend

BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

AV has been doing a great job at ramping up weekend events, and I am really excited for this one!

I've been asking for "Kraken Hatchlings" for a year, and it feels really cool that AV player feedback and used it in the form of this event. I can't wait to see swarms of 10 baby krakens coming at my ship! This is going to be awesome!

I also really like that the Broodlings will be vulnerable to magic and cannons, but not melee and bows. It will encourage people to bring nice staves out on the ocean, instead of just bows.

If this turns out to be really fun, maybe we can convince them to keep the Broodlings permanently, or at least have it as a frequently reoccurring event.

Release the Krakens! 

Kraken Broodlings, grown from severed parts of the Kraken’s limbs, are fast filling the seas of Agon with hungry, grasping tentacles. Take to the seas in Darkfall’s latest event: Release the Krakens, for an intense adventure of thrill and danger to rival the chronicles of Jules Verne himself!

• The Broodlings are infesting the waters adjacent to the Kraken's hunting grounds.
    • The Broodlings bellies are lined with all sorts of treasure and loot as they eat anything in sight! This includes repair shards and black powder!
    • Special Anti-Broodling chests will spawn on the beaches of Ulunyth and Bladethorpe to provide ships for the shipless. These chests work on a 45 minute timer.
    • Broodlings take damage from magic as well as cannons. Melee and ranged attacks, however, will not pierce their flesh.
    • Do not let their size fool you! Broodlings are not to be trifled with.  They hunt in packs and so should you!

Event Details

When?  Friday July 11 Maintenance - to Monday July 14  Maintenance

Where? The Broodlings were born of severed Kraken limbs so they can't be too far from the Krakens themselves. 

Kraken Broodling Information They hunt in packs of approximately ten per pack. Don't let their smaller size fool you, they're very tough. Kraken Broodlings bellies are stuffed with items found at sea (ship materials, cannons, gold, spyglasses, treasure maps, ship modules, compass, black powder, repair shards, even cargo from sunken ships). Broodlings take cannon and spell damage, but not from bows and melee weapons. 

How? Team up with friends, or go with your Clan. Get on a ship or go to one of the beaches and get a ship. There will be 2 chests spawning ships every 45 minutes, to help get you there, at the nearest beaches: Ulunyth and  Bladethorpe.  Look around the Kraken general vicinity, there are bound to be Kraken Broodlings around. 

Please Note: Heavy fighting is expected around the ship spawning areas and near the Kraken Broodling spawns. Kraken Broodlings are new unique Mobs, they're tough and you shouldn't go alone. There's enough loot for everyone. You'll get repair shards and black powder from the Broodlings, so don't hesitate to use your cannons and ships. 

We hope you enjoy our Weekend Event!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Definitely a good idea Mr. Lustmord...they copied it!  I  think that they need to utilize the seas more.  This would be great if they keep them permanent.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I have high hopes for this event this weekend.  Could potentially be the best event of any MMO that I have played.  Time to break out the SoTL.
  • mmoesportsmmoesports Member UncommonPosts: 161
    That concept art is amazing!
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    thanks for reminding me to cancel that recurring payment before it happens
  • UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    Originally posted by Utinni

From the same guy who brought us:

This game has the worst community I've ever encountered. There are even racist/homophobic city names. Global chat is a hate filled playground for the worst of the worst. When they start policing this behavior I'll start playing it again.

FFA PvP doesn't ruin games, the people who play them do.

Sounds like someone got ganked a few times and then went back to WoW.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Originally posted by Uzik

This game has the worst community I've ever encountered. There are even racist/homophobic city names. Global chat is a hate filled playground for the worst of the worst. When they start policing this behavior I'll start playing it again.

From what in my comments suggests that I was ganked and left because of that? Pretty sure I made it clear the first time, in another thread, that you felt the need to search for and then quote. Never even left the safe zone, 1k prowess probably. The community was so off-putting I uninstalled within hours of purchase. It was $5 for a reason.

Went back to unnamed EQ server, rust , and shadowbane. Open PvP doesn't mean you have to have unpoliced hate and bigotry that Darkfall and Eve allow. Have fun in your cesspool.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

From what in my comments suggests that I was ganked and left because of that? Pretty sure I made it clear the first time, in another thread, that you felt the need to search for and then quote. Never even left the safe zone, 1k prowess probably. The community was so off-putting I uninstalled within hours of purchase. It was $5 for a reason.

Went back to unnamed EQ server, rust , and shadowbane. Open PvP doesn't mean you have to have unpoliced hate and bigotry that Darkfall and Eve allow. Have fun in your cesspool.

The bitterness is suggestive of butthurt.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Lol at least you gave it a fair shot.

/sarcasm