Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Resubbed last night... Where do I start??

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

I just resubbed last night and I am totally clueless as to what to do. I feel like there's a ton of things to do, but I don't know how to find them or where to start.  When I stopped playing last year I was a lvl 50 paladin decked out in mostly Darklight gear and some allagan stuff, doing Coil1+2. How do I progress from here? Do i have to start from Coil again or can i gear up by doing the new dungeons? What kind of tomes/currency do people collect now to get better gear?  Is crafting still worthwhile/useful for making money?

If any kind soul would point me in the direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I have no clue about dungeons or raid type content. But if you need advice on gsthering, crafting, ventures, great hunts, treasure hunts, or frontlines, I can point you in the right directions.

Oh yeah and fishing, housing, gardening, glamours, desynthing, materia stacking, and chocobo training

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by gessekai332

I just resubbed last night and I am totally clueless as to what to do. I feel like there's a ton of things to do, but I don't know how to find them or where to start.  When I stopped playing last year I was a lvl 50 paladin decked out in mostly Darklight gear and some allagan stuff, doing Coil1+2. How do I progress from here? Do i have to start from Coil again or can i gear up by doing the new dungeons? What kind of tomes/currency do people collect now to get better gear?  

If any kind soul would point me in the direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Personally, if I quit for a long period of time, I'd just start over from scratch (and I did recently). But in any case, run some dungeons, complete your challenge log, check out the new hunts, do some beast tribe quests that start at the 3 GC locations, basically get used to playing again. I've yet to set foot into Coil, but they have apparently made progressing through a lot of it much easier now, so it might not be so  bad. Also check out Crystal Tower, which is easier than coil after you get the swing of things. I'm only just about to hit 50, so I'm not the best judge of what to do, but this seems about right.

Also new main story missions, side quests like Hildebrand stuff, new primal fights, etc.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I have no clue about dungeons or raid type content. But if you need advice on gsthering, crafting, ventures, great hunts, treasure hunts, or frontlines, I can point you in the right directions.

Oh yeah and fishing, housing, gardening, glamours, desynthing, materia stacking, and chocobo training

yes please! I actually had a fully decked out lvl 50 blacksmith before I left and I was super active in my crafting community. One thing I didnt really do though, was gathering. Unless you call direweb farming for hours gathering lol. Also I usually spent all my GC points on chocobo upgrades....

also, what server should i join?? I've been told that my current server (Ceourl) is kinda dead. 

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

I just resubbed last night and I am totally clueless as to what to do. I feel like there's a ton of things to do, but I don't know how to find them or where to start.  When I stopped playing last year I was a lvl 50 paladin decked out in mostly Darklight gear and some allagan stuff, doing Coil1+2. How do I progress from here? Do i have to start from Coil again or can i gear up by doing the new dungeons? What kind of tomes/currency do people collect now to get better gear?  

Personally, if I quit for a long period of time, I'd just start over from scratch (and I did recently). But in any case, run some dungeons, complete your challenge log, check out the new hunts, do some beast tribe quests that start at the 3 GC locations, basically get used to playing again. I've yet to set foot into Coil, but they have apparently made progressing through a lot of it much easier now, so it might not be so  bad. Also check out Crystal Tower, which is easier than coil after you get the swing of things. I'm only just about to hit 50, so I'm not the best judge of what to do, but this seems about right.

Also new main story missions, side quests like Hildebrand stuff, new primal fights, etc.

I've been debating starting over... but I think I really liked tanking back then and DPSers always have a hard time finding a party. I'll probably start a new character once ninja/thief comes in. Or maybe I'll lvl up my conjurer.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Foomerang I have no clue about dungeons or raid type content. But if you need advice on gsthering, crafting, ventures, great hunts, treasure hunts, or frontlines, I can point you in the right directions. Oh yeah and fishing, housing, gardening, glamours, desynthing, materia stacking, and chocobo training

yes please! I actually had a fully decked out lvl 50 blacksmith before I left and I was super active in my crafting community. One thing I didnt really do though, was gathering. Unless you call direweb farming for hours gathering lol. Also I usually spent all my GC points on chocobo upgrades....

also, what server should i join?? I've been told that my current server (Ceourl) is kinda dead. 

Ok so bear with me because I am going from memory here.

The next step for Gathering and Crafting is to max meld which ever one(s) you want to take to mastering. Then head to Revanants Toll there will be a tent setup with a couple npcs which will unlock the grind for the new crafting and gathering pieces. Those pieces will push your stats over the top so you can purchase 3 star crafting recipes, and be able to gather top tier materials.

Fishing works in the same way except you pick up the quest for big fishing at the fishing guild in limsa.

Materia stacking is a little quest unlock at the materia guy just outside of Black Brush Station. Also the desynth starts at an npc in the uldah markets and he will have you talk to the same little weird materia guy.

Glamours are unlocked via a small quest in Revanants toll, and the materials for it are also purchased there and from various junk vendors.

There are four new dances that can be learned via small quest chains at the main cities.

I havent messed with the dual riding or marriage ceremony yet.

Join a FC with a house and you have access to gardens and chocobo stables. Unlock chocobo training from a quest chain that starts in bentbranch stables.

Gardening gets its seeds from botany and soils from mining. There are charts for cross breeding to get rare seeds and plants.

Treasure hunting i cant remember what npc unlocks it. Great hunts are unlocked by talking to you Grand company.

The Grand company npc that gave you the wolves den quest unlock is also the one you need to talk to in order to unlock frontlines.

I cant remember where to unlock the retainer ventures but it might be from the npcs who give you a retainer in the first place.

thats all i can think of right now.

oh yeah /changepose a few times and find a default idle animation you like :)

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

I had this same question and this link is exactly what I was looking for!

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by gessekai332 I just resubbed last night and I am totally clueless as to what to do. I feel like there's a ton of things to do, but I don't know how to find them or where to start.  When I stopped playing last year I was a lvl 50 paladin decked out in mostly Darklight gear and some allagan stuff, doing Coil1+2. How do I progress from here? Do i have to start from Coil again or can i gear up by doing the new dungeons? What kind of tomes/currency do people collect now to get better gear?     If any kind soul would point me in the direction, I would greatly appreciate it!    

Thats what I did. I had a level 50 Dragoon. Now i'm a level 37 Lancer cuz I was an idiot and unsubbed for a couple months.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Originally posted by Foomerang I have no clue about dungeons or raid type content. But if you need advice on gsthering, crafting, ventures, great hunts, treasure hunts, or frontlines, I can point you in the right directions. Oh yeah and fishing, housing, gardening, glamours, desynthing, materia stacking, and chocobo training

Come to Cactuar dude. We are booming. My 770 GTX drops fps when in ANY hub due to so many peeps playing.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Allacore69

Originally posted by gessekai332 I just resubbed last night and I am totally clueless as to what to do. I feel like there's a ton of things to do, but I don't know how to find them or where to start.  When I stopped playing last year I was a lvl 50 paladin decked out in mostly Darklight gear and some allagan stuff, doing Coil1+2. How do I progress from here? Do i have to start from Coil again or can i gear up by doing the new dungeons? What kind of tomes/currency do people collect now to get better gear?     If any kind soul would point me in the direction, I would greatly appreciate it!    

Thats what I did. I had a level 50 Dragoon. Now i'm a level 37 Lancer cuz I was an idiot and unsubbed for a couple months.

Couple of months of playing ESO?

I know I did. ESO, WS, and a couple other pieces of crap. Then right back to FFXIV and appreciating it more than ever. lol