Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you recommend this game?..

Infernus_sinInfernus_sin Member Posts: 34
To a person that has played Fantasy MMOs for his whole life? I mean I'm looking for something new other than fantasy games for the time being...been hearing this game is good and its also on the top 10 lists...what are the pros and cons etc...

Comments

• dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306

Being that I play this game myself and have been for several months now, I would recommend it to others. I myself played fantasy MMO's for a long time (started with "The Realm" back in 1995) and just got sick and tired of the continuous grinding and lack of originality that is found in most MMO's today. I friend told me about EVE and ever since my two week trial began, I have been hooked.

I mean, there are no base classes, having less of an attributed dosen't make you a weaker fighter than another ... The limitations in EVE are entirely based on player decision. Since like in real life, all decisions have consequences, you decide the outcome of pretty much everything. If you wanna mine more than fight, than you will spend more time training industry skills over gunnery. If you decide out of the blue to stop mining and become a fighter, you can do just that. If you run missions for a major faction than, the pirate factions won't like you as much. You are really left to roam when it comes to how you approache the game.

Other than that, you have a ton of things you can do (even though research and production is very hard to start with due to the extremely high costs) you can eventually settle yourself down to do anything you want to do.

The biggest pro and con at the same time for EVE is the "lack of restrictions". When you start the game, it is easy to feel overwhelmed, since you aren't kept on a leach like most MMO titles. That combined with the fact that the game is so BIG makes people feel a little uneasy at times. Once you get into the game though, it is easy to appreaciate the fact that space is so big and you can run around doing whatever you have your heart set on doing whenever you please. (1 hour of downtime per day) 23 hours of game time and I garantee there are always tons of people online. Since everyone is on one server, you get people from all over the world that play and big events can happen while you are sleeping, just goes to show you how this game is really based on groups and not the individual. Even if you might be the hottest combat pilot in the world, you aren't always going to be online and even if you are, you can't fight an army by yourself nor govern alliances of people on your own, the game is a simulation of life in the distant future and accomplishs this feat like none other has even dreamed of.

Oh yeah, did I mention I like this game ? ::::08::

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• PieterPieter Member Posts: 29

I'm quitting WoW and most likely returning to Eve, just hoping I can get back my old account.

Basically, the older your char gets, the funner. If you plan well, you can get the skills for a cruiser after 2-3 weeks. I got it after a month and although I should have bought learning enchanters, after 6 months I pretty much mastered everything to fly cruisers. I loved my giant dildo(thorax :D).

Anyway, it's a very rewarding game best suited for the casual gamer, it's immensive and the community is extremely mature. There are a fair amount of events and when you get bored with one aspect of the game, you can turn to another without much thought. I started doing missions, then got to some serious mining, then got into some corporation activities(had a very nice startercorp) and then finally ended as a pirate. Although pirating was a bit costly because you don't really win anything with it.

I think if I ever play again, I'll go join one of the alliances outside of the empires, mwuhahahahahaha

btw, I love this game :D