Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jacobs goes to Hawaii with fan money!

nennafirnennafir Member UncommonPosts: 313

Lol...  

I got a recent kickstarter email where the new community manager was introduced.  Jacobs didn't send it because he is in Hawaii.  Also--for the first time ever in these emails I think--there was a request to see if anyone wanted to meet Jacobs in Hawaii.

Am I the only one who thought...how lame...he is in Hawaii and wants to make it a business expense?  So he wants to meet fans so he can use fan money and deduct things with the IRS.

Don't bother trying to deny it.  It is about as blatant as blatant can be.

It is better than *someone* R---- G---- going off into space when Tabula Rasa was about to launch because he had daddy issues.  But still, making your Hawaiian vacation an excuse to get tax credits and spend fan money is kind of lame.  Can't you just go to Hawaii and enjoy your vacation, without trying to pretend it is some work event?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Isn't it possible he spent his own money on the trip?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by nennafir

Lol...   I got a recent kickstarter email where the new community manager was introduced.  Jacobs didn't send it because he is in Hawaii.  Also--for the first time ever in these emails I think--there was a request to see if anyone wanted to meet Jacobs in Hawaii. Am I the only one who thought...how lame...he is in Hawaii and wants to make it a business expense?  So he wants to meet fans so he can use fan money and deduct things with the IRS. Don't bother trying to deny it.  It is about as blatant as blatant can be. It is better than *someone* R---- G---- going off into space when Tabula Rasa was about to launch because he had daddy issues.  But still, making your Hawaiian vacation an excuse to get tax credits and spend fan money is kind of lame.  Can't you just go to Hawaii and enjoy your vacation, without trying to pretend it is some work event?

This folks is the art of starting rumors. I see what you did there. Proof of your accusations or your words will forever be hollow.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by nennafir

Lol...  

I got a recent kickstarter email where the new community manager was introduced.  Jacobs didn't send it because he is in Hawaii.  Also--for the first time ever in these emails I think--there was a request to see if anyone wanted to meet Jacobs in Hawaii.

Am I the only one who thought...how lame...he is in Hawaii and wants to make it a business expense?  So he wants to meet fans so he can use fan money and deduct things with the IRS.

Don't bother trying to deny it.  It is about as blatant as blatant can be.

It is better than *someone* R---- G---- going off into space when Tabula Rasa was about to launch because he had daddy issues.  But still, making your Hawaiian vacation an excuse to get tax credits and spend fan money is kind of lame.  Can't you just go to Hawaii and enjoy your vacation, without trying to pretend it is some work event?

This folks is the art of starting rumors. I see what you did there. Proof of your accusations or your words will forever be hollow.

Anything that guy does is tainted forever. The Op might be right, the OP might be wrong. But the one thing we do know is Jacobs is a lie and a cheat.

There's no rumor to that. Only fact.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Op, you are totally over the top. Stay classy assuming the worst...
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I am not a biz law major... But i am pretty sure he does not need to arrange a paltry meet n greet in order to have this trip deductable (if that is even what is happening) there are plenty of ways to do that any way.

It is kind of fun that he checks to see if there is any interest, seeing as he could just have told you all once he came back.

Also aint that the kicker with donations... You have shid n less to say about how the money is spent. =P

This have been a good conversation

This discussion has been closed.