Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remember when....

13»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,985

@Ballopan15

Big IP equals big sales I agree. But it also means you have to live up to those who want the solo games as a multiplayer game, SWTOR is a good example. They had loads of complaints from players with unrealistic expectations of a MMO. Likewise for lore, Take the TESO Senche(?) tigers, major ructions about killing sentient tigers, are the sentient, and so on. We don't get many lore complaints on here though, that's for other forums.

It is a lot easier to convert an IP from one genre to another, a strategy game to a MMO for example. Which is what WoW did. Players do not expect to play in the same way as they did in the solo game. When going from solo rpg to multiplayer rpg they do. Also strategy games have far less lore, so less complaints there. Your analysis is quite flawed as you do not take into account the differences in gaming genre.

TESO was not as ground breaking and successful as WoW, would you like to compare GW2 to WoW? I think that's a favourite of yours, I don't think you will find any MMOs that have done as well as WoW, Is that the fault of Zenimax?

Also you seem to be conflating every game release that you feel was not done well with TESO, is Zenimax to blame for your issues with EA and the rest?

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Scot

@Ballopan15

Big IP equals big sales I agree. But it also means you have to live up to those who want the solo games as a multiplayer game, SWTOR is a good example. They had loads of complaints from players with unrealistic expectations of a MMO. Likewise for lore, Take the TESO Senche(?) tigers, major ructions about killing sentient tigers, are the sentient, and so on. We don't get many lore complaints on here though, that's for other forums.

It is a lot easier to convert an IP from one genre to another, a strategy game to a MMO for example. Which is what WoW did. Players do not expect to play in the same way as they did in the solo game. When going from solo rpg to multiplayer rpg they do. Also strategy games have far less lore, so less complaints there. Your analysis is quite flawed as you do not take into account the differences in gaming genre.

TESO was not as ground breaking and successful as WoW, would you like to compare GW2 to WoW? I think that's a favourite of yours, I don't think you will find any MMOs that have done as well as WoW, Is that the fault of Zenimax?

Also you seem to be conflating every game release that you feel was not done well with TESO, is Zenimax to blame for your issues with EA and the rest?

And what about GTA V? It even has an online version, mmo-esque, I don't see people complaining about it. Same genre, "a new version" of the same game etc... 

I would like to compare Gw2 to WoW yes. The only thing in comparison is the LFG tool. And I prefer the Gw2 one. Other than that the two have nothing else in common, not even the trinity system, which is not a bad system but its slightly overused and I would like to see some change in the market. Gw2 is a step in that direction.

And to be honest, I actually like EA Games. I prefer the Origin platform compared to Steam too. Mainly because Steam is no longer having new EA games which are one of the best on the market today, and the steam client is putting unnecessary pressure on my system, while the Origin client is written with Qt framework and its super lightweight. It even has a Broadcast to Twitch option - love it xD but yeah EA games is fine, I was just giving examples. There are plenty others from other companies, those were just the most notorious.