Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 years later and I would like to present my game.

mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122

Hello to everyone who views this page.

I have been developing game for around two years and I'm proud to announce my new game Dead hunting.. A open world survival horror. Currently we are seeking funding to move this game to unreal 4 and implement many of the planned features.

You can play the demo here https://www.dropbox.com/s/718w0wbf3w2y1sj/Setup.exe

Our steam greenlight page is here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270238904

Our website is www.deadhunting.com

I have been a member of this community since 2007 and it has taken a long time and dedication to build this product. Please email me your thoughts of the game(good or bad) to [email protected] or you can leave a comment on our steam page.

Thank you

Comments

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Is this like Rust or Dayz just as an MMO? If so, that would be interesting. I don't build games, but I am an idea machine, I offer my services free of charge :P.

Good luck

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • mcoolmcool Member UncommonPosts: 122
    It more akin to the zombie mode in Call of Duty.. Fast paced but it is open world. 
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Congrats on getting a game out.

What I would like to know what makes your game standout from the rest of the similar greenlight zombie games?

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

/hatsoff to you for the dedication and the time.

1-2 weeks ago there was an article circulated on the gaming blogs I used to follow, about a dude spent 13 years on his game... Respect to all of you out there who stick to your vision and creating something new for other players.

(btw. that dude made a video for other indie devs how not to fell in the same mistake and lengthen the project for over a decade :) http://youtu.be/2b0tSu0QDQ0)

Luckily I've never gotten further than text-based adventures on the C64 when I was a kid :)

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

My initial impression based on your youtube video presentation is that the styles clashes a bit.

The effect quality showing the game's features is very good (Albeit the bloody text is barely readable and would definitely change it) tough when shown the gameplay graphics, it seems a bit odd. (Not that is a bad thing, I'm not a graphics whore)

Goodluck on your game nonetheless :)

• KranocKranoc Member Posts: 5
    Hmm, I am a sucker for zombie games so I'll check it out.

What makes this different?

I have answered this question a million and one times. I realise that when a game doesn't graphically stand out, people assume that it is generic.

The game implements a lot of arcade elements inside such as portals and Airdrops in an open world environment. The focus of the game is a mixture of realism and arcade style. Play the game , I think you'll understand what I mean.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

another game of  survival horror?

Is there a reason i should check this particularly one out instead of others better funded alternatives?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by mcool

What makes this different?

I have answered this question a million and one times. I realise that when a game doesn't graphically stand out, people assume that it is generic.

The game implements a lot of arcade elements inside such as portals and Airdrops in an open world environment. The focus of the game is a mixture of realism and arcade style. Play the game , I think you'll understand what I mean.

It has less with that and more to do with marketing 101, you always need to present what sets your product apart from all the other products on the market. So the first thing people should read about your game is that second part. Just telling people to try it out today when most people have very little time and many games to play without "selling" them on the game first is a bit naive.

That being said it looks like a good start and if you give it another year or two of polish i am sure that it will find it´s place. Right now it looks like a very rough game.

This have been a good conversation

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

At least it's dedicated to co-op survival like Left 4 Dead, not the whole kill or be killed thing that is going on with Rust and Co.  So that's different, but what are the Arcade elements?  When I think "Arcade", I think the first Mario, Space Invaders or other 2D games.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Really? He gives you all the game to try for free and instead you ask why should I? Or what makes it different? Have gamers really evolved into lazy self absorbed philosophers?  OP, I'll try it once i can get off my mobile phone and to my computer.  Thanks

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by Sephros
    Really? He gives you all the game to try for free and instead you ask why should I? Or what makes it different? Have gamers really evolved into lazy self absorbed philosophers?  OP, I'll try it once i can get off my mobile phone and to my computer.  Thanks

People are lazy? You're the one who have enough free time to test other people's video games.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

With the amount of wannabe devs it's only natural that people grew suspicious of anyone who is asking for donations.

Harbinger of Fools

Yes, really. There are so much free stuff to try, and so many video games on my backlog, that i don't waste my time unless there is a reason.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by askdaboss

People are lazy? You're the one who have enough free time to test other people's video games.

Says the guy posting on a video game forum......

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

Says the guy posting on a video game forum......

may be forum pvp is more fun than testing yet another survival horror game?

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Stop whining, guys. Most people here complains about MMOs being similar and OP is actually trying to do something about it.

It will be tough to go up against guys like Undead labs though but the game do sounds interesting and I will give it a try as soon as I got some time (overworked for 2 weeks until my vacation right now and pretty close to zombie myself ;).

Originally posted by Loke666

Stop whining, guys. Most people here complains about MMOs being similar and OP is actually trying to do something about it.

By producing a game similar to many others? I wouldn't call that "trying to do something about it".

He still has not articulate why his game is different.

• RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250

Originally posted by nariusseldon

another game of  survival horror?

Is there a reason i should check this particularly one out instead of others better funded alternatives?

It will be tough to go up against guys like Undead labs though but the game do sounds interesting and I will give it a try as soon as I got some time (overworked for 2 weeks until my vacation right now and pretty close to zombie myself ;).

By producing a game similar to many others? I wouldn't call that "trying to do something about it".

This thread is typical of why I rarely contribute to discussions here anymore.

To the OP - Best of luck to you and your game.

To the guys defending the OP - You have more fight left in you than I. Hats off to you.

To the detractors - .

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i test other peoples games for free any day before i pay $150+ for alpha access just to play before everyone else.

• faidedfaided Member UncommonPosts: 111

Why should we question him?  How about b/c of this thread  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/402877/page/1 Which is now what 6 months old?  Which also has a link to the previous steam greenlight this guy was going to do.  So why play a game where the guy even said he was going to give up on it and now its *working*.  Why the new steam greenlight?  Why a new post?  Why are the motion graphics on your video BETTER LOOKING THAN YOUR GAME! Aside from the type, that is not so great (not easily legible)

Originally posted by faided

Why should we question him?  How about b/c of this thread  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/402877/page/1 Which is now what 6 months old?  Which also has a link to the previous steam greenlight this guy was going to do.  So why play a game where the guy even said he was going to give up on it and now its *working*.  Why the new steam greenlight?  Why a new post?  Why are the motion graphics on your video BETTER LOOKING THAN YOUR GAME! Aside from the type, that is not so great (not easily legible)

The community seems to be quite suspicious. How hard is it to play a game and judge whether it is good or not. If you do not like the concept then do not play. It is that simple. 

Why this and why that. 1 million and 1 questions. I used to reply and argue all day but I do not have time any more. These type of discussions go nowhere. If you check my previous post , you would know I was an ex troll. So I have a good idea of how they operate.. Play the demo and judge or read the description. If not then do not say anything ....

Please name me one game that is not similar to another game in terms of gameplay? 

Most games derive from other ideas.

I will not not respond to why the game is different. You can go to our steam greenlight page and read the upcoming features.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270238904

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by mcool

The community seems to be quite suspicious. How hard is it to play a game and judge whether it is good or not. If you do not like the concept then do not play. It is that simple. 

Why this and why that. 1 million and 1 questions. I used to reply and argue all day but I do not have time any more. These type of discussions go nowhere. If you check my previous post , you would know I was an ex troll. So I have a good idea of how they operate.. Play the demo and judge or read the description. If not then do not say anything ....

Oh you think we are nitpicky... In my experience this community is is not even a tenth as annoying on that point as some investors i have dealt with. They would tear your presentation down and laugh at your suggestion that they should "play the game".

Just saying... That is how reality looks.

This have been a good conversation

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

Dear OP, it does not matter if your game is good, if some of its ideas have been borrowed or if it does not look like an AAA game, you have created a game, something 99% of the people on these forums will never do or are capable of. I salute you for your efforts and passion, it is not my style of game but my hats of to you.

to the people hijacking this thread talking about their oh so precious time, shame on you. What have you contributed to the community, what effort have you made to change the status quo? I have infinitely more respect for someone who actually does something like the OP, even if his game turns out to be the most horrible thing ever, then for someone who can only complain on a forum while doing absolutely nothing constructive to ad to the MMO community. Again, shame on you, your time is just as precious as the OPs, difference is he created something for you/us to enjoy and you wasted yours whining about that, what a sorry state of affairs.

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer