Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call me cynical...

13»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    Originally posted by Quesa

Posters yesterday: "Why do games always release unfinished!!!!????"

Posters today: "WHY HAVEN'T THEY ALLOWED US TO PLAY THIS ALREADY!?!!??!?"

Posters tomorrow: "WTF, this game is trash...it's unfinished and I should have never dumped my money on it...."

Where the fuck is the like tab on this site!!!!! +1

+1 both for Quesa's post and a Like feature. :) 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Originally posted by DMKano

Umm the launch of ArcheAge is going to bring in more money in the first day than all of Alpha months combined by many times.

Are you seriously asking how a couple of alpha servers can compete with a full blown scale launch (with working cash shop mind you)?

Night and day.

Not sure if your question was serious.

Limiting the game to a couple of alpha servers with a fixed $150 fee vs F2P launch with many servers....

Posters tomorrow: "WTF, this game is trash...it's unfinished and I should have never dumped my money on it...."

I would support this kind of argument above in this regard. If the game was actually launching.

BUT, the one thing people who support Trion's delay in this thread seem to be forgetting, is that it's not about moving to launch. It's about moving from alpha to beta.

A beta which also has a paid entrance fee, but less so than the alpha.

So the risk of the game releasing in an unfinished state, the game needing more QA, the launch falling too close to other games etc. It's all of little importance, because the game wouldn't be launching either way. In Trion's favour, they've also shown that they do significantly improve their games in beta state, but that also means that there's little reason to keep it in "alpha".

Other than the possibility that the studio simply wants to surf the wave of $150 alpha a fair bit longer, due to its success, that is.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by bobfish

Localisation time:

1. 1 week to translate
    2. 1 week to implement the text in game
    3. 2 weeks to QA the implementation for developer mistakes
    4. 1 week to fix those mistakes
    5. 2 weeks for localisation QA
    6. 1 week to translate fixes
    7. 1 week to implement fixes
    8. 1 week to QA fixes
    10 weeks.

QA time could be quicker with more testers, but I doubt they will have many working on it at either XL Games or Trion.

You forgot the most important part: Integrating the game's Cash Shop code with Trion's accounting software.

Linking the account management and Cash Shop purchasing functions for AA with Trion's back-end systems is what will take 90% of the work. The translations are trivial in comparison.

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Prob because they continue to get people to burn cash on there alpha and beta access. I was so stoked for this game but now i've pretty muched passed on it. I'm sure they just trying to sell more beta,alpha acess.
  • ingphorlasingphorlas Member UncommonPosts: 32

We're waiting for 1.2 which changes many things by quite a lot. You would like the game how it is now, I do. I fear 1.2 won't be an improvement, and if they show you how it was you'll get the disappointment in the judgement of xlgames/trion which is reserved for alpha players and they know that, so let them show you the package you're going to get and you won't be disappointed as much maybe.

lol I dunno ramble ramble

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I would support this kind of argument above in this regard. If the game was actually launching.

BUT, the one thing people who support Trion's delay in this thread seem to be forgetting, is that it's not about moving to launch. It's about moving from alpha to beta.

A beta which also has a paid entrance fee, but less so than the alfa.

where is the like feature on this site!!  +1

Anyway, 3 months playing AA in other region, and the game with a lower version seems totally playable.

I do agree with Quesa post about games launching, but this is not the case of AA. Trion just delay betas / launch because they decide to go right now for 1.2 and imo this process could be working on while doing betas, its not because game is not ready to lunch, was just a decision based on the version.

1.7 allready annouced to be launch soon in Korea, hope now they stay with 1.2 and dont decide that after all why not go a little futher in some version...

Well, just hope that 1.2 is really better version like most ppl claim and really worth the implementention right now in alpha and push beta / release foward.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

There's a lot more to it than translation.

Remember that Trion is just losing money the longer they remain in Alpha.

RIFT: The Nightmare Tide is Coming In

They just postpone archeage so they can milk out more from alpha testers ( lol me being one as well ) and will wait so they dont mess up to much their new RIFT expansion.

The fact is once Archeage is out Rift will also loose bunch of players.

For Rift they keep 100% of money for Archeage they have some kind of revenushare deal with XL.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]