Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

90 day campaign reward turned out to be

LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
42k gold for everyone who managed to get first place. Hell I've been a strong advocate of this game. I even remember them on numerous occasions saying the reward would be worth it..... Is this a bug?  Is the staff that dense?  I placed in the top 10 on wabbajack, so position had nothing to do with it sadly. I've come to the conclusion that we're all still test subjects for this game. If anyone finds out any more information on this let me know. >_<

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Instead of berating Zenimax, perhaps you could tell us what an appropriate reward would have been? Or are you simply annoyed that you got nothing for being in the top ten?
  • afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

They should have given something that showed what you achieved like a title and a costume that were unique for the first 90 day.

Money is pointless, you can always get more money.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I think anyone who stuck around playing this game for 90 days deserves a reward.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• Dax360Dax360 Member UncommonPosts: 21

I naturally assumed it was going to be a weapon or a piece of armour of some kind, something perhaps on par with VR 12 pieces stat-wise but with a unique look. I mean that way it would also encourage people to keep trying for that top spot in their following campaign, so they could collect the entire set. But a unique costume and title would have also been something I thought of as very viable.

Gold to me seems like an odd incentive considering how easy it is to come by and how few gold sinks there are. I think if I'd have gone for (and achieved) top spot, I'd be more than a little disappointed with reward.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    Fair one, costumes do take a bit of coding though, would you expect a new costume for each time the campaign was ended? A title for sure, plus some money and an item which allows them to change the colour of their outfits to a regal colour, say purple and gold.
  • CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422

Should be a huge instanced mansion for 1st placed player, when they add housing ofc.

Would be epic to show off

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by Dauntis
    I think anyone who stuck around playing this game for 90 days deserves a reward.

This struck a chord in me.

Lolipops !

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Lackluster as is the rest of the game.
    Every direction you see half assed job done.
    Nothing is done with top notch design.

It was by far the worste mmo i ever payed for in over a decade, i just coulnt believe it :(
    Long time Elders scroll fan and this abomination just failed in evry direction you can imagen.
    Hope Zenimax can turn this around but i have zero faith in this studio after what they deliverd.

They should at least offered a special mount or a costume for 90 days of battle.
    But Zenimax just doesnt have a single clue what mmo players want or desire.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Scot
    Fair one, costumes do take a bit of coding though, would you expect a new costume for each time the campaign was ended? A title for sure, plus some money and an item which allows them to change the colour of their outfits to a regal colour, say purple and gold.

Are you aware that you just said people shouldn't expect a good reward because it means work for the company?

Harbinger of Fools
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Are you aware that you just said people shouldn't expect a good reward because it means work for the company?

Not to mention a costume actually takes practically no coding at all. A costume would entail artists more then anything, the coding would already be in place when it comes to the armor system as it stands. It would be little more then adding a new entry into the database, something you don't need much coding knowledge to do.

The only time any coding would be required would be if they need to make a system in order to support something, which in case they don't allow you to wear it and keep your stats (which it might not, don't know the game enough to comment) they would need to put a system in place to modify the appearance based off that, which again isn't all that much code, it would take probably a day to impliment in a very simple form (overwriting the appearance line of the character with that of the costume).

Its really not that much work at all to do (having one who is working on the armor and such spending a day or two sketching and ultimately implimenting it) and walla! 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    it would take probably a day to impliment in a very simple form (overwriting the appearance line of the character with that of the costume).

Ok let´s say one day to code, then that code snipet need to be tested, put in to a build, tested again, approved, handed of to QA, tested again and against any potential combination of things, approved, put in to a live candidate and deployed to the servers. Then you need to devote support time to when it breaks something (because it will)

Things are never as simple as they seem.

This have been a good conversation

• brEEziexbrEEziex Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I kind of agree with the OP, most players play on wabbajack, and for first place bracket, that prize does not seem very significant.  That is almost chump change ...
  • BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Hardly did any pvp and got 10k, pretty good.
    [mod edit]

• R1zlaR1zla Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by tawess
    it would take probably a day to impliment in a very simple form (overwriting the appearance line of the character with that of the costume).

Ok let´s say one day to code, then that code snipet need to be tested, put in to a build, tested again, approved, handed of to QA, tested again and against any potential combination of things, approved, put in to a live candidate and deployed to the servers. Then you need to devote support time to when it breaks something (because it will)

Ok lets say one day to code ........  and deploy to the servers. Then you need to devote support time to when it breaks something (because it will)

This is how the ESO team work. The other things you said makes them lol ;)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The purpose of playing a ROLE playing game is to live out the life of that character.I hardly would call it roleplaying if a developer or  some outside source not involved with the actual in game LORE starts handing out rewards that don't belong in game.

Even that 42k ruins the immersion of the game,where did all that money now influx into the system come from,well it came from thin air of course.Is that the type of role playing we are aiming for,free handouts from outside the game?I feel the same when developers do lame things like have bonus xp weekends,that does not belong in the game,it removes all immersion.

This is all that Blizzard mentality,trying to reinforce egos handouts and elitism to keep players coming back.Can you imagine in some days long past in a village someone said "Oh your rank 10" here ya go,NOT going to happen in any realistic roleplaying sense.why stop there at bonus xp,why not give every player a max level player instantly just for giving you money,oh ya Blizzard already doing that.

I get  a bad feeling when devs do other dumb things like create jump puzzles or anything that does not belong in a role playing atmosphere.It seems developers have forgotten what type of game they are making,is this why they tend to go more for a MMO title than mmorpg?

What is another dumb idea,oh ya you take one pixel step into a new area and BAM rewarded lmao,it is really sad how developers are turning this genre into very superfical gaming.My whole point is that ROLE PLAYING should not be about rewards but more about role playing ...go figure.

TESO is a game set in the LORE of the time of Chivalry,swords and shields,you would expect to role play with such immersion.If all a sudden Zeni added in space ships ,there would be an uproar ,people would be saying what the ...That is why you need to keep the game in context and not ruin it with superficial or stupid ideas.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

Fair good decision for this  campaign .

You bastards used crazy exploits got get in TOP.

Batswarm  Op dk with op talons .

If I were dev I would ban each of you .....  exploiters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

The top players got there by using exploits and unbalanced chars?

Am I glad p2p stands for top quality gaming.

Harbinger of Fools
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

And they had 3 months to complete this.

If that's so much work that it would require them to put the general development on hold to complete in that timeframe, I honestly am not sure how they managed to release their product within this decade.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Dakeru

The top players got there by using exploits and unbalanced chars?

Am I glad p2p stands for top quality gaming.

I'm not sure there really is top quality gaming out there anymore, the cheaters and exploiters seem to be rampant everywhere, almost a part of the fabric of these games.

Regardless, a gold only reward doesn't seem to be much, like others mentioned, a title, a special object in game would be more valued.

Heck, most of the winners probably bought any gold they needed from the spammers right?  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• siicAdelicsiicAdelic Member Posts: 31

absolutely seeing zenimax cares enough to invest some time and thought into their loyalty reward would have gone a long way towards smoothing ruffled feathers over some bad choices. 

Instead they put zero thought and time into this just like EVERYTHING else.

• siicAdelicsiicAdelic Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by fascism
    Oh no the emperor traders and exploiters only got 42k gold :(

Is funny that they end up rewarding gold sellers with gold...

I mean pretty Ironic.

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Is there still no underwater exploration?

Do bartenders still not sell ale but do repair armor?

Are auction houses still confined to your Guild?

I will be back when there is true immersion in the game.

Originally posted by MadFrenchie

And they had 3 months to complete this.

If that's so much work that it would require them to put the general development on hold to complete in that timeframe, I honestly am not sure how they managed to release their product within this decade.

Well being as it was... Maybe they did not want to spend ANY time on this. That is something i can not speak about because i have no insight in the exact process. I was just commenting on the "oh that is a 5 minute fix to change that" and how even a 5 min coding fix can take a few weeks to make it in to the live game...

Now about this specific issue... Might be as someone a bit up posted... that they simply felt there had been to much exploiting this cycle and thus felt that instead of giving out a one of a kind item it was better to just give gold...

Who knows....

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    [mod edit]

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!