Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar .... a frown with the town ...

BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177

First of all I have to state I think that Wildstar is fantastic ..... and certainly from my gaming style perspective which largely remains on the solo front really mixes it up. My Spellsinger moves like cat with a beretta... really acrobatic and the double jump feature constantly gets me out of the mire .... matrix style......The telegraph system is so natural and instinctive, you really do find that you need to move and counter react in a physical fashion ........ I am 44 and am like a sugar buzzed monkey when surviving multi directional mobs.

I think the auction house mechanisms are very slick ... and work ...and is neccessary ...and on my server thriving.

Housing could be a hobby by itself it's that HUGE .... more than I expected ... changing the size of furniture etc really allows you to tailor everything and with the up and coming plugs .... well big screen tv.....will be interesting if you could watch it...

Questing is busy .... lots of them ...especially if you explore. Not every hub is given to you on a plate...... 

The path option really does effect gameplay .... I chose adventuring and the precarious platform climbing and need to scale vast heights in an MMO outstanding.

BUT .... Thayd ... I can certainly appreciate the Mad Max Shanty Town perspective and the taxi's irony does work .... but I think it could be too big and ls therefore graphically challenging. It is a bit of a stutterbug ...... similar to how Ironforge was moon's ago. I think something that could work is instead of just one uber-huge town which you get to from the tiniest of settlements there should be more Villages which would thin it out and add more flavour and personality.....with bars where carbine could exercise more of their humour. A train would be great too......with huge ploughs to clear life on the line.....I know it would not be neccesary but the game is about being cool and brutally slapstick ...

As I stated I often play solo .... but I hate solo games. I like seeing other folks doing their own thing and in Wildstar it's great to see that they have pulled off an attractive game that should maintain populations. .... I just think that when you want to kick off your boots having other intermediate social hubs largely for the sake of it would suit the game.....

....I feel I can ask because you do get the notion that they are listening ..... 

Comments

• TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Bukk24

First of all I have to state I think that Wildstar is fantastic ..... and certainly from my gaming style perspective which largely remains on the solo front really mixes it up. My Spellsinger moves like cat with a beretta... really acrobatic and the double jump feature constantly gets me out of the mire .... matrix style......The telegraph system is so natural and instinctive, you really do find that you need to move and counter react in a physical fashion ........ I am 44 and am like a sugar buzzed monkey when surviving multi directional mobs.

I think the auction house mechanisms are very slick ... and work ...and is neccessary ...and on my server thriving.

Housing could be a hobby by itself it's that HUGE .... more than I expected ... changing the size of furniture etc really allows you to tailor everything and with the up and coming plugs .... well big screen tv.....will be interesting if you could watch it...

Questing is busy .... lots of them ...especially if you explore. Not every hub is given to you on a plate...... 

The path option really does effect gameplay .... I chose adventuring and the precarious platform climbing and need to scale vast heights in an MMO outstanding.

BUT .... Thayd ... I can certainly appreciate the Mad Max Shanty Town perspective and the taxi's irony does work .... but I think it could be too big and ls therefore graphically challenging. It is a bit of a stutterbug ...... similar to how Ironforge was moon's ago. I think something that could work is instead of just one uber-huge town which you get to from the tiniest of settlements there should be more Villages which would thin it out and add more flavour and personality.....with bars where carbine could exercise more of their humour. A train would be great too......with huge ploughs to clear life on the line.....I know it would not be neccesary but the game is about being cool and brutally slapstick ...

As I stated I often play solo .... but I hate solo games. I like seeing other folks doing their own thing and in Wildstar it's great to see that they have pulled off an attractive game that should maintain populations. .... I just think that when you want to kick off your boots having other intermediate social hubs largely for the sake of it would suit the game.....

....I feel I can ask because you do get the notion that they are listening ..... 

I did find Thayd quite ugly.  I liked the shanty town/ scrap theme, but it is too much.  There are no areas of it that feel particularly distinct or interesting.   

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177

Yes the reason I posted is because Carbine have clearly made such tremendous efforts that having smaller villages / forts rail linked to the big city could be fantastic and suit the sci fi western attitudes .....  I also think  some non combat pets would not go amiss.... A real sh1tkicker saloon and fuelled duels is what it's all about....

• RoweinRowein Member Posts: 44

I agree it is hard getting around. Especially at early stages. The do have a sort of beam transport thing that allows you to get around quickly. That being said I am always trying to figure out where something is. I can always find what I am looking for in the end but the way it is laid out I am sure to never just stumble on something. A better label system on the map would be helpful. It seems to only label things in the area you are standing.

Rowein

Yes ....i agree ...

I think when so much time has been put into the detail of the game some work on the town and 'facilites' / villages is needed. Thayd is massive but where the auction house is located gets extemely busy in such a small area......great for a bar..crap for selling....and to get anywhere else takes ages. The problem with shanty is that it can look like a sporadic mess ..... which can burn your eyes.....

Being a sad git who drinks too many beers sometimes I would like hang out in an area that has something about it ..... a bar  / saloon ..... theatre / actors .... theatre / pain .... some visual BS laid on for those well deserved time-out periods when we can kick back without having to neccessarily logout ..... this might seem like an odd suggestion ... but what the devil are outfits for or other novelties, if not to display in designated chill out zones .....

Housing is brilliant ..... and so should the bars ..... there is an intent for tongue in cheek comedy and satire within this game and indeed their film introducing the classes is a testament to this ........... a bit of 'high plains drifter' meets 'cocktail' wouldn't go amiss.

As revolting as a thong wearing mordesh bunny girl might be ..... it would certainly bring in the punters .... 

...Poker tables too .... 

they are clever and ugly enough to do it.....

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

A bit like Stormwind, i'm beginning to like Thayd as I gradually start to memorise the areas and nooks and crannies.  Some nice Bars would be pretty awesome imo, complete with a brawling option in some, where you get to smash chairs over the heads of my chosen partner - excellent.

As for poker tables god ye, I will second that idea!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Yes ... the drunken brawling and dueling element would be great .... and random ...

.....basically ..... lets have all the trappings of a sleezy beer swilling culture .... If they don't do it ...Thayd will be over run with bored and sober Granok's ....

........Wildstar could be the first 'emotional' sandbox .... it needs it's own Las Vegas .... where folks do their own stuff...win or lose ......those tables would be rammed .....

......building and crafting is great and all ..... but drinking, gambling and I suppose ' dating' is possible....if your that special lonely type...hehehehe

........that would kick ass cupcake.....

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    dude ....... less dots .....srsly.......
    Originally posted by Xarko
    dude ....... less dots .....srsly.......

...yes my son's have constantly ribbed me about it. Also the fact that I go ..hehehe.. instead of :) ..type of thing.

..I will reduce my dot's by 50%. .. all should look lovely then.