Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PTR : Treasure Realm

DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Ever wonder where all those pesky goblins run off to?

Well wonder no more. In the next patch, you'll have a chance to follow the goblin after he jumps into his portal and fight Greed, The Baroness of the Treasure Realm. 

This video was taken on the PTR. 

Comments

  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,433

    awesome

     

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774

    OMG .. that is crazily cool.

    To be honest, i am a bit disappointed by the 2.1 news so far because while Wiz is buffed ... only ONE build seems to survive (MM Conflag + hydra) and I am hoping more build variations (as it is now). But hey, i do have the gear to play MM conflag + hydra .. and let's hope someone will figure out other builds too.

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by Deathspank

    Ever wonder where all those pesky goblins run off to?

    Well wonder no more. In the next patch, you'll have a chance to follow the goblin after he jumps into his portal and fight Greed, The Baroness of the Treasure Realm. 

    This video was taken on the PTR. 

    It looks like this did not make it into the patch this time round. I let a goblin poof in front of me to see if I could follow him and I couldn't.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • jayemlegacyjayemlegacy Member UncommonPosts: 21
    It did, I've gotten a portal. You have to kill the goblin and sometimes he leaves a portal behind. It is very very rare. Portal ended up giving me close to 15 million in gold and like 4-5 legendarys if you have enough dps to kill all the goblin spawns during final boss and throughout the zone.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by jayemlegacy
    It did, I've gotten a portal. You have to kill the goblin and sometimes he leaves a portal behind. It is very very rare. Portal ended up giving me close to 15 million in gold and like 4-5 legendarys if you have enough dps to kill all the goblin spawns during final boss and throughout the zone.

    How do you do it?

    You have to let it run and spawn a portal before killing it?

     

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

    Originally posted by jayemlegacy
    It did, I've gotten a portal. You have to kill the goblin and sometimes he leaves a portal behind. It is very very rare. Portal ended up giving me close to 15 million in gold and like 4-5 legendarys if you have enough dps to kill all the goblin spawns during final boss and throughout the zone.

    You mean like less than 1% chance of it happening? I have killed bazillions of goblins by now and not one treasure portal. Killed them in all difficulties, nada.

    Originally posted by nariusseldon

    Originally posted by jayemlegacy
    It did, I've gotten a portal. You have to kill the goblin and sometimes he leaves a portal behind. It is very very rare. Portal ended up giving me close to 15 million in gold and like 4-5 legendarys if you have enough dps to kill all the goblin spawns during final boss and throughout the zone.

    How do you do it?

    You have to let it run and spawn a portal before killing it?

     

    I have tried what nariusseldon asked in his post and I have still not gotten a portal to pop.

     

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    I haven't seen a portal either ... and  i have killed a lot of them .. sigh.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    I haven't seen a portal either ... and  i have killed a lot of them .. sigh.

    Many hours of gaming and hundreds of the little farts dead, I still have not gotten a single Treasure Realm portal to pop. Sigh... all of that loot I am missing.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774

    FINALLY FINALLY ....!!!!!

    I got the treasure realm portal today on a bounty. It was cool ... i net like 70M gold, and 2-3 leg (abate useless ones).

     

  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

    I finally got to go to the treasure realm.  I was playing solo, doing a bounty from new Tristam at Torment 3.  I got about 30 million gold and 3 legendaries.  

    I have also had a portal that lets you in a Whimsical land.  It is interesting to kill unicorns, teddy bears, and have cupcakes help your health. :)

     

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Originally posted by kb4blu

    I finally got to go to the treasure realm.  I was playing solo, doing a bounty from new Tristam at Torment 3.  I got about 30 million gold and 3 legendaries.  

    I have also had a portal that lets you in a Whimsical land.  It is interesting to kill unicorns, teddy bears, and have cupcakes help your health. :)

     

    The whimsical land was dated back to the original D3 ... and you can always go there with an item. It was cute, but I like the treasure realm much much better.

Sign In or Register to comment.