Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for free old MMORPGS or ones that are a throw back to the old ones

sogarsogar Member CommonPosts: 21
I've been feeling nostalgic and been hankering to play old mmorpgs with out-dated graphics. And it'll be easier for my computer to run.

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• genoshangenoshan Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Dark Age of Camelot still has quite a healthy population. I went back there after many years. Lots of changes ...
  • BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    try istaria
  • sogarsogar Member CommonPosts: 21

Ended up downloading Pixel Miner to try Ashen Empire and I ended up playing that other game that looked the like the early Ultima games on the DOS. :p

I do have project 1999, and I love it, but it's been about a year since I've played it, and I'm too intimidated to relearn everything.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by sogar

Ended up downloading Pixel Miner to try Ashen Empire and I ended up playing that other game that looked the like the early Ultima games on the DOS. :p

I do have project 1999, and I love it, but it's been about a year since I've played it, and I'm too intimidated to relearn everything.

I just checked Uthgard online, and the servers are currently shutdown. :( Talk about bad timing. Anyone know what the next best private server is for Dark Age of Camelot?

Talking about private servers here is a no-no. Project 1999 is okay since SOE allows it but anything else...taboo.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    You realize you are on the internet, right?
    Originally posted by skeaser

I just checked Uthgard online, and the servers are currently shutdown. :( Talk about bad timing. Anyone know what the next best private server is for Dark Age of Camelot?

Talking about private servers here is a no-no. Project 1999 is okay since SOE allows it but anything else...taboo.

Hehe, I thought since someone mentioned Project 1999, it gave the okay to talk about private servers...

• DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by skeaser

That's technically incorrect.... there's another good oldie that's making a comeback that SOE allows that will get you locked and warned anytime it gets mentioned. Although I'm guessing that's more because they're not paying the mods here for advertising or ratings >.>

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Minions of Mirth- Its a B2P ($30) with a massive free trial portion. Here is a thread I recently made about this game after discovering it http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/415432/A-Diamond-in-the-rough-Most-underrated-game-ever.html -

It may be exactly what you are seeking- My in game name is Octavious and I am actually going to be logging in shorty for a few hours, If you decide to play, look me up for some help.

EDIT- Heres a link to their official website and the download- Its under 300mb.  http://www.minionsofmirth.com/

EDIT 2- Well, I lied...I wont be on (and neither will anyone else) for the next 1/2 hour (weekly reboot) =/

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543

Istaria:Chronicles of the Gifted.  Graphic old, no markers "quest there", no pop-ups on monster "kill 100 of these", no auto-loot.

And it has Dragons. Real Dragons that can fly.

Minions of Mirth does look like what I'm looking for. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks. :)

And I actually do have Istaria. I replayed it last night, but something went wrong. Accidentally opened two hotkey bars, couldn't close them, so tried signing out, then I realized I couldn't sign back in, because I had forgotten my PW. And my PW was originally saved when I opened the launcher, but it seemed to have disappeared when I reopened the launcher... : Good news is, I found the paper where I wrote my PW for it last night, so I'll also be checking  it out tonight! :D