Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good patch yesterday

2»

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by superconducting

The biggest problem is still there. And that's the open world design. They have it all wrong.

Whereas Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games make you feel like you can travel in any direction and spontaneously discover things, this game goes out of its way to make you quest grind and stay on rails. You want proof? Look at each city- see how each one contains players of a certain level range? Cities in MMOs should contain players of all levels! And areas should be explorable by everyone, not just those who have progressed enough to survive the mob in your face. It's Bad design, plain and simple. Can't see myself coming back any time soon.

This guy hit the nail,

I would say the zones are somewhat large, but there 10 level INSTANCED ZONES never the less, and with the 10 level Zones  you have to do each one from left to right to get to the end. Once you get to the end, then you can run around looking everything over to see if their is anything you missed. By then your pulling out your hair, and just dying to be level enough to get the hell out of their, and on to the next.

I should have picked this up even in my short bata time where you start at the bottom and see that the level 10 dungeon at the top ?......But I went for the game anyway for two months only to see that all zones were carrot-on-a stick.

It's not play as you feel.....It's like all the rest.....It's play as we tell you !

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I'm glad they *tried* to address some of the major issues with this game, but I just unsubbed 5 minutes ago.

I've been patient playing since early access. I just got out of an unplayable AvA campaign. It was lagging, dropping to 5 fps, and disconnected every 2-3 minutes. At this point -- 3 months after launch -- I think I have been patient enough. I'm simply not going to pay $15 a month for this any more.

If they fix this issue AND don't make this a gear grinder (with the new special loot they are talking about) I will consider coming back.

• NeoTiger13NeoTiger13 Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by d_20

I'm glad they *tried* to address some of the major issues with this game, but I just unsubbed 5 minutes ago.

I've been patient playing since early access. I just got out of an unplayable AvA campaign. It was lagging, dropping to 5 fps, and disconnected every 2-3 minutes. At this point -- 3 months after launch -- I think I have been patient enough. I'm simply not going to pay $15 a month for this any more.

If they fix this issue AND don't make this a gear grinder (with the new special loot they are talking about) I will consider coming back.

Since no one else is having such issues, with that many concurrent issues I bet your hard drive and ram is failing. Don't forget hard drives made after about 1990 only have a 7-8 year shelf life before assumed to go "bad."

Originally posted by NeoTiger13
    Originally posted by d_20

Since no one else is having such issues, with that many concurrent issues I bet your hard drive and ram is failing. Don't forget hard drives made after about 1990 only have a 7-8 year shelf life before assumed to go "bad."

A lot of people were commenting on the "slide show" in chat where there with me in Wabba at the time of the siege I was at. I wouldn't be able to say "no one else" is having any kind of problem. Seems a bit broad. Also, my rig is pretty new  (less than a year old with good hardware since I'm a gamer) and quite up to spec for all the other games I run.

I'm glad you're not having the issue. Are you in Wabba much? People have taken to calling it Wabbalag.

EDIT: one example thread among others  http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114105/fps-is-broken-fps-in-cyrodill-need-hot-fix-asap#latest

Here is a link describing all the known issues caused by this patch. There are a lot of "potential" fixes for Monday's patch.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/114325/patch-v1-2-3-known-issues#Item_0

I wouldn't say this was a good patch. It seems to have broken more than it fixed. I actually, feel bad for Zeni, in a way. But I'm still paying $15 a month for amateur hour. Maybe when they get it together in a few more months. We'll see.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976

Its never you, its always the game. I have only had lag a couple of times during keep fights and it was not a huge deal. But that's nothing to do with the fact I run a top rig and have a fast and reliable broadband connection. It must be the game it must be.. :)

Part of this is down to how fast you are levelling, I am not going that fast. Consequently I don't do as much keep play as these V10+ guys, and that may be why I see so little lag.

To try to bring some rationality to this debate I would ask this. Name one online game where you are not going to get some players saying they are getting lag? So now tell me how from such anecdotal evidence we can work out if this is a game issue or a players PC/connection issue?

From the link I posted just above you:

• FPS Drop Issue: There are reports of FPS drops in larger battles in select campaigns including Wabbajack.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Seems to confirm that it's a problem on ZOS' side (i.e., It's a problem with the game.) Seems they have the power to fix it with a patch. Therefore, it's not me.