Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie | Question

MarleVVLLMarleVVLL Member UncommonPosts: 907
Hi there.

I've played AO a few times in the past. I enjoyed them while they lasted (my account is from '05 when I first tried it). I'm back, purchased all the expansions, and am ready to play again.

I would like to know a few things, if I may:

I love PvP. Can I do this early on in PvP related zones?

What rules are associated with PvP? Loss of XP, loot, or anything upon death? Rewards?

Is there a full-PvP server?

If not, which server has an active PvP base?

Thanks!

MMO migrant.

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    1 server only and pvp is relagated to towers and battlestation. AO is not a big pvp game. You pick a faction or stay neutral. Going to non faction towns or cities will get you killed be the guards. This game is more about exploring and solo or team missions. The game is complex so go to sites and read up on it. If your only mmo knowledge is coming from games like wow then i would not advice you to play it. It came out in 2001.  The chat will be full of different languages. Most of the players are old school mmo players. The game still has players from 2001.  You can't loot players either. Pvp is instanced not open world.
  • MarleVVLLMarleVVLL Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Thank you. :)

MMO migrant.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

As stated, it is a very complicated to figure out at first, but once you get it, it all starts clicking.

If you got a short attention span you might just end up leaving the game and say WTF did I just play, but once you get acclimated into the game, it gets quite addicting. The Adventurer profession is a nice class to start with as well as the Soldier and Martial Artist.

I was thinking of coming back sometime this year and revisiting Rubi-Ka. I got a level 150 Enforcer for Omni, but man oh man, I better get myself focused only on this game once I dive into it again. 

I am on and off in this game, however it was the game that got me into mmorpg's in the 1st place.