Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bored as hell can't take no more

huihuhuhu2huihuhuhu2 Member UncommonPosts: 46
i have played a ton of mmo's here lately to try and find the game for me..i like a open,huge world,very artistic..high action tyoe game..plz don't say gw2 or Wow..can anyone suggest a game to play plz..thanks

Comments

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Archeage

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Sounds like outside to me.
  • huihuhuhu2huihuhuhu2 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    lol i get plenty of exercise plus i work a full time job..dont need anymore outside lol..just need a game i can sink my teeth into and make it a new home..f2p doesnt bother me just want something fun to do
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by huihuhuhu2
    lol i get plenty of exercise plus i work a full time job..dont need anymore outside lol..just need a game i can sink my teeth into and make it a new home..f2p doesnt bother me just want something fun to do

There are plenty of other games to play. You don't have to play a MMO.

• huihuhuhu2huihuhuhu2 Member UncommonPosts: 46
    i hear eq2 is free..do i have to buy the expansions or if i upgrade to sub do i get all the content?
  • KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

artistic and high action combat gameplay i can only think of Wildstar that's worth playing.

I didn't enjoy the first 20 levels that much but after that its curazehhh. PVP everywhere, the combat is fluid and amazing. Very fun to play and with a LOT of depth, there's always stuff to do in the game and more to progress towards to. Teeth sinker.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

Mow the lawn....paint the house.

No idea why people get so bored....but when you do, move on

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

Why not add go to the dentist or push needles under you finger nails while you are at it.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by mbd1968
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

Why not add go to the dentist or push needles under you finger nails while you are at it.

Why not? Why not add real life activities that get real things done if ppl are so bored with online gaming?

• KangaroomouseKangaroomouse Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

There are plenty of other games to play. You don't have to play a MMO.

I think the problem is there are not any new MMO's, just single player games posing as MMO's.  When a TRUE MMO comes out (EQ Next maybe?), I imagine many folks will jump for joy again, and boredom will subside.

Yes, it's been like that for a decade.

----

I find myself going back to FFXI for some real MMO experience that's meaningful although they bastardized the game a lot recently it's still one of the best experiences out there.

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123
    This game called "Real Life." It's awesome.  I heard some dude make it to lvl 116.  But the strange thing about this game, the higher the level you reach, the less powerful you become.
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by comicguy
    This game called "Real Life." It's awesome.  I heard some dude make it to lvl 116.  But the strange thing about this game, the higher the level you reach, the less powerful you become.

Having hit level 46 recently I've decided I don't like my class and want to reroll.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by mbd1968

Having hit level 46 recently I've decided I don't like my class and want to reroll.

Lol!!  

I am in same boat as OP.  Reading some decent books but definitely miss the gaming rush/fun. 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Play single player games.  I recommend Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2.  Very good action combat and amazing story.  Play the first one too if you havent already, especially for the story.
  • RawasaRawasa Member UncommonPosts: 37
    all we can do now is either wait for archeage but if that blows then we have black desert RU. CBT in december with launch in January.
  • zanatoszanatos Member Posts: 15
    i hear eq2 is free..do i have to buy the expansions or if i upgrade to sub do i get all the content?

Yep EQ2 is free and you can either buy the expansions and stay free after that or get the all access pass and you will have all of the expansions and content waiting for you.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    I've quit all my MMOs, just finished Far Cry 3 and going back through the Dragon Age series in prep for 3. I'm still waiting for a good MMO but I think I've realized that this gen is stale.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    i have played a ton of mmo's here lately to try and find the game for me..i like a open,huge world,very artistic..high action tyoe game..plz don't say gw2 or Wow..can anyone suggest a game to play plz..thanks

black desert online. google it..

but as an architect i can say that best artistic with depth in its art is GuildWars2 ... even the architecture they use for the various factions represent architectural Utopias, which also match up with the lore of these factions ... also its the only MMORPG which brings the concept art into gameplay and it doesnt have 2d graphics :p

• Seeker728Seeker728 Member UncommonPosts: 179

Been in the same state of ennui as some others here, and have stepped away from MMOs for a while to lose myself in my business or play single player games for a bit, but sadly those are increasingly infected with the cancer that console style gaming has pervaded the industry with.  I still go looking for a MMO I can sink my teeth into, but so far they all continue to follow the same stagnant path and assume their narcoleptic inspired designs will be hidden by pretty graphics or doing the same shit in a different way.  

I used to buy new games on release, but after a couple of burned experiences of industry standards that studios assumed I'd just put up with, I now give a game 6 months before I even look at it.  Often enough reviews and commentary comes in to where a couple of hours worth of reading reveals its the same old crap, packaged in a different box, seeing neither a sale or any time wasted on my part. 

Mores the pity given how far technology has evolved in the past decade alone, the average person's cell phone has grown from something that accepts a maximum of 128 characters in a text and static heavy phone calls to being pocket computers capable of conducting sensitive online banking transactions, remote security monitoring, intelligence gathering streaming live data to secure servers which can be used in a court of law, and a plethora of other extremely sophisticated functions and is still in a state of blisteringly fast innovation.

MMOS?  Hit the same keys in sequence, reduce big critter's massive health pool, collect loot, level up.  The "advanced" MMOs let you place some furnishings around in a private little bit of digital real estate or flip between cookie cutter specs.  Whoo!  Exciting!image  Added to this is a general state of decay in the player base's personality, most people behave at their worst rather than their best because none of the current stock of MMOs provides any sort of consequence for a player earning a ugly reputation, they'll just spend the money and rename themselves, while any enforcement policies regarding behavior is largely toothless and ineffective.  Thus the social aspect of the game is as shallow as the game play, why should players group up with one another when the average encounter is aggravating immaturity?

Though its not my cup of tea, Eve Online is the only MMO IMHO that has actually done anything innovative in the industry for a very long time, and interestingly enough, they're not mainstream despite being more sandbox than just about anything I've seen to date.  That tells analysts a lot about the consumer base's true desires, thus consumers continue to get shoveled the same old crap because as a whole, we continue to buy the same old crap, whine about it, and then buy the next pretty box that comes out that does more of the same.  

Thus to the OP I suggest the following, stay away until the industry actually evolves from it staid state.  You're bored for a very good reason and just haven't found something else to do with your free time yet.  You've hit the wall in tolerating the current state of the industry, nothing wrong with finding a new love and remembering the past one with fondness, but in general this pastime really isn't worth our time anymore.  I took my free time and learned a new skill that's netting me around $12k a month now, and that's a far greater rush than beating just one more scripted boss and picking up one more useless epic item.

Even peace may be purchased at too high a price, and the only time you are completely safe is when you lie in the grave.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by Seeker728

Been in the same state of ennui as some others here, and have stepped away from MMOs for a while to lose myself in my business or play single player games for a bit, but sadly those are increasingly infected with the cancer that console style gaming has pervaded the industry with.  I still go looking for a MMO I can sink my teeth into, but so far they all continue to follow the same stagnant path and assume their narcoleptic inspired designs will be hidden by pretty graphics or doing the same shit in a different way.  

I used to buy new games on release, but after a couple of burned experiences of industry standards that studios assumed I'd just put up with, I now give a game 6 months before I even look at it.  Often enough reviews and commentary comes in to where a couple of hours worth of reading reveals its the same old crap, packaged in a different box, seeing neither a sale or any time wasted on my part. 

Mores the pity given how far technology has evolved in the past decade alone, the average person's cell phone has grown from something that accepts a maximum of 128 characters in a text and static heavy phone calls to being pocket computers capable of conducting sensitive online banking transactions, remote security monitoring, intelligence gathering streaming live data to secure servers which can be used in a court of law, and a plethora of other extremely sophisticated functions and is still in a state of blisteringly fast innovation.

MMOS?  Hit the same keys in sequence, reduce big critter's massive health pool, collect loot, level up.  The "advanced" MMOs let you place some furnishings around in a private little bit of digital real estate or flip between cookie cutter specs.  Whoo!  Exciting!image  Added to this is a general state of decay in the player base's personality, most people behave at their worst rather than their best because none of the current stock of MMOs provides any sort of consequence for a player earning a ugly reputation, they'll just spend the money and rename themselves, while any enforcement policies regarding behavior is largely toothless and ineffective.  Thus the social aspect of the game is as shallow as the game play, why should players group up with one another when the average encounter is aggravating immaturity?

Though its not my cup of tea, Eve Online is the only MMO IMHO that has actually done anything innovative in the industry for a very long time, and interestingly enough, they're not mainstream despite being more sandbox than just about anything I've seen to date.  That tells analysts a lot about the consumer base's true desires, thus consumers continue to get shoveled the same old crap because as a whole, we continue to buy the same old crap, whine about it, and then buy the next pretty box that comes out that does more of the same.  

Thus to the OP I suggest the following, stay away until the industry actually evolves from it staid state.  You're bored for a very good reason and just haven't found something else to do with your free time yet.  You've hit the wall in tolerating the current state of the industry, nothing wrong with finding a new love and remembering the past one with fondness, but in general this pastime really isn't worth our time anymore.  I took my free time and learned a new skill that's netting me around $12k a month now, and that's a far greater rush than beating just one more scripted boss and picking up one more useless epic item.

-Well said.

Everything you just described (except making 12K/month) could have been said by me.

I've went back to older games which surprisingly have far more depth.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

I would give up on the MMO genera, as others have said. It's been the same stale crap since the mid 2000's. I would give some of the "indie" games coming out a try. Some are quite good, others are at least showing potential.

If you like persistent, open-world action type of games, what about DayZ? Like more of the building type of games or a sci-fi theme? Space Engineers is pretty good. Like a standard, fast-paced action game with lots of swords and archers, and graphics are not really a key part? How about King Arthur's Gold?

There *are* lots of innovative games out there, but you would have to leave the typical realm of MMO's in order to find them. My suggestion is to look on Steam or a site like that and look for the "Indie" game titles, to see what strikes your fancy. $10 or $15 really isn't that much for a game that could provide you with more fun than a $50 AAA title. 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I just open the window.....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by loulaki

black desert online. google it..

Is it possible to play BD allready?  image

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

I finally played though the Mass Effect series and it was awesome,   its not a MMO but its got a GREAT story, good gameplay, and its a ton of fun!.     I probably put 40+ hours into each game.    

I know its not a MMORPG but its great fun, and gives you a nice break from the grind.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

Been playing this game since launch. The problem is after I got invested in it I realized the dice are loaded, they keep changing the rule books and nerfing character stats, and the GM is a cheat.