Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2nd Alpha server with patch 1.2

2»

Comments

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by drakaena
    Trion is absolutely milking every dime out of Alpha. They could start beta any time they so choose and go live within a month or two. The dang game has been out overseas since 2012.
    I know one thing though, AA is going to get demolished by botters whenever it finally releases (predicting Q3 15). It won't be pretty.

It's not pretty with botters (and goldsellers - no seriously!) already in alpha. At least TRION was honest enough to tell that the current version doesn't support insta-ban of them by GMs, but the 1.2 patch will allow GMs that. If TRION is as determined to keep bots & goldsellers at bay as they are with their other games, then I have good faith that AA will be an other good managed game as well.

umm its not free yet..once it goes f2p it opens the gates to botters sellers and hackers...the other 2 countrys had huge problems with hackers and did poorly ..what makes you think a game in the "states" will do soo much better? they cant address a problem if there is no problem its why imo they are trying to keep it alpha as long as they can to get that easy penny

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Trion is absolutely milking every dime out of Alpha. They could start beta any time they so choose and go live within a month or two. The dang game has been out overseas since 2012.
    I know one thing though, AA is going to get demolished by botters whenever it finally releases (predicting Q3 15). It won't be pretty.

It's not pretty with botters (and goldsellers - no seriously!) already in alpha. At least TRION was honest enough to tell that the current version doesn't support insta-ban of them by GMs, but the 1.2 patch will allow GMs that. If TRION is as determined to keep bots & goldsellers at bay as they are with their other games, then I have good faith that AA will be an other good managed game as well.

There is a difference between an MMO gated behind a Box price and Subscription and a F2P game.

With a F2P game, if the game is poorly coded with anti-botting, RMT and cheating messures (which Asian F2P games always lack, as they don't care for it). Then it will be a battle they can't win!

These criminals just endlessly keep creating new accounts, as it doesn't cost them anything.

That's the main problem with F2P game. There are no financial gates to stop them.

The only way is to design a F2P game from the ground up with every possible anti-RMT and botting messure you can think off.

And I can tell you right now that ArcheAge has no messures in Place. It's a bot and RMT heaven like any other Asian F2P game.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by JeroKane

There is a difference between an MMO gated behind a Box price and Subscription and a F2P game.

With a F2P game, if the game is poorly coded with anti-botting, RMT and cheating messures (which Asian F2P games always lack, as they don't care for it). Then it will be a battle they can't win!

These criminals just endlessly keep creating new accounts, as it doesn't cost them anything.

That's the main problem with F2P game. There are no financial gates to stop them.

The only way is to design a F2P game from the ground up with every possible anti-RMT and botting messure you can think off.

And I can tell you right now that ArcheAge has no messures in Place. It's a bot and RMT heaven like any other Asian F2P game.

It's not accurate to state that ArcheAge has no measures in place to stop bots and RMT.  Although having Hackshield as part of the launch process may be easy to get around, it is a measure in place to stop the license breakers from playing the game.  Also, people that break user game licenses are not criminals.  They can't be tried and convicted in a criminal courtroom because it would be a civil case if the gaming company decided to take action and can prove someone else broke their license agreement and caused loss of sales.

Alright back to the subject at hand.  If there will be a 2nd Alpha server and the Alpha may be used as a Test Server after the game's release, which Alpha server is going to become the Test Server if it does in fact become it?

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    They opened a 2nd alpha server because the first one is over crowded at least from the land claim standpoint. People probably quit buying alpha packs knowing they would not be able to get any land. Also with this new delay it means alpha testing will be going on much longer than they first thought. RIP 2014 release for AA.
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by reeereee
    It's actually shocking that they haven't run out of suckers willing to pay $150 for alpha by now. 

Intelligent informed consumers understood that Trion are not just selling alpha access, they are selling a raft of perks and premium service. These people added it all up and decided that it was good value to them (based on their tastes and wants).

Why is this all such an issue to you to understand? Why can you not comprehend what has value to someone else may be worthless to you, and vice versa? This does not make someone a 'sucker', because, honestly, no one was fooled about anything. It was all very transparent and was just someone buying a service that they enjoyed the look of for cash they could afford.

Honestly, everyone who pulls the line that Reeereee has here actually just makes them selves look a bit dense at this point.

There is no cosmic law that puts you at the centre of anything Reeereee.

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by reeereee
    It's actually shocking that they haven't run out of suckers willing to pay $150 for alpha by now. 

Intelligent informed consumers understood that Trion are not just selling alpha access, they are selling a raft of perks and premium service. These people added it all up and decided that it was good value to them (based on their tastes and wants).

Why is this all such an issue to you to understand? Why can you not comprehend what has value to someone else may be worthless to you, and vice versa? This does not make someone a 'sucker', because, honestly, no one was fooled about anything. It was all very transparent and was just someone buying a service that they enjoyed the look of for cash they could afford.

Honestly, everyone who pulls the line that Reeereee has here actually just makes them selves look a bit dense at this point.

There is no cosmic law that puts you at the centre of anything Reeereee.

Alpha people also are getting a lot longer Alpha that they get to play in as a patron than anyone expected at first including Trion.   Mabye with the 1.2 patch they can reduce the number of gold sellers and Bots, least they said they would be able too.

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90
    Originally posted by Binafus

Trion said there would not be a second Alpha Server.

Trion Said they would stop selling founder packs when the server was full.

They are now adding a second alpha server, they oversold the one they have it is laggy when full and you get disconnects.

Trion has a history of saying one thing and then changing their minds.

Exactly right.

(If in doubt , remember it's alpha, we're TESTING)

What exactly is it that still needs tested, other than our gullibility

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Orgone
    Originally posted by Binafus

Trion said there would not be a second Alpha Server.

Trion Said they would stop selling founder packs when the server was full.

They are now adding a second alpha server, they oversold the one they have it is laggy when full and you get disconnects.

Trion has a history of saying one thing and then changing their minds.

Exactly right.

(If in doubt , remember it's alpha, we're TESTING)

What exactly is it that still needs tested, other than our gullibility

They are testing our wallets and how much will power the young and dumb have.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498

There's a comical amount of butt-hurt in this thread.

Trion is now money-grabbing scum for giving paying founders an extra couple of free weeks to play?

First the trolls were taunting all the founders for "paying for a Free to Play game", now they're all bent out of shape that they are getting extra value.

• OrgoneOrgone Member Posts: 90

So many Alpha Testers have been Alpha Testing now that they are 'attached' to their characters.

So many people are upset , not because of what is happening, but because there is no clear notifications of what the changes are.

Trion should grow a pair, and when implementing 1.2 wipe the Alpha server. Then they might get people TESTING rather than getting so comfu with their character that they are calling for chars to be carried over, server transfers etc.

This is all still in ALPHA

I have no doubt that if Trion were responsible for development, or had source control or similar that things would be different, but the fact of the matter is, all they can do, at best, is ask XLGaming nicely, and try and keep their increasingly pee'd off pve alpha people happy with what they can.

It's a shame, cos I really love the game, and intend to stick it out, out of interest now more than anything else.

If I was a gambler, I'd bet on release being with patch 27.8  , the one that was held up because one word in Korean was mistranslated.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by dandurin

There's a comical amount of butt-hurt in this thread.

Trion is now money-grabbing scum for giving paying founders an extra couple of free weeks to play?

First the trolls were taunting all the founders for "paying for a Free to Play game", now they're all bent out of shape that they are getting extra value.

No butt-hurt here. I can play AA any time I feel like it on Korea or RU servers, and do so for free. I would recommend any others interested in this game do the same. 

Trion is milking this Alpha for cash. Obvious is obvious. I think they probably were surprised at how many people actually bought and continue to buy the founders pack, and made a sound business decision. I am not faulting them for making money when an opportunity arises. But let's not pretend it is anything other than that.

They literally can release AA next week if they wanted.