Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[POLL] Would you play Lineage 2 on a Classic Server?

IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

So , would you start playing Lineage 2 from C1, if NcWest will going to open a server like this?

In Korea, they opened not 1, but 3 servers like this and it's P2P ( 30$ a month ) .

They said that updates (C2, C3, C4!!! , etc ) will take place on a few-several months basics.

This is for old-school players and for those who really miss Lineage 2 Classic server.

If this will be a success in Korea, I hope they will not make the same mistake and go with GoD. I would love to see a different approach from that point. 

There is a lot of classic grind ( some of you even said you want something like this : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/414989 ) in Lineage 2 C1 up until .. GoD , so , are you going to play L2 Classic if they will open it?

PS: Let's all assume that this will also be P2P ( 15$/month ) in EU/NA, same as with the KR version.

The Ice is dark and full of terror.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The only way I would do if the server would be fully moderated for bots, gold sellers  and cheats.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Jockan

The only way I would do if the server would be fully moderated for bots, gold sellers  and cheats.

Well that will never happen on the NA servers

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    c4-c5 - interlude  ftw best old time
  • JurredJurred Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I'd play if they opened up a 5x c4 c5 or Interlude server. I've been playing retail and it's a completely different game now.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I would certainly return to L2 if this happens. Sadly though, NCWest has on more than one occasion said it will never happen :(
  • RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Reizla
    I would certainly return to L2 if this happens. Sadly though, NCWest has on more than one occasion said it will never happen :(

Here is the answer they just gave on Twitter on june 18th

Lineage II ‏<a data-cke-saved-href="https://twitter.com/VasilJambazov"; href="https://twitter.com/VasilJambazov"; pretty-link"="" dir="ltr">@VasilJambazov We're still looking at the option to open a Classic server but no decision has been made at this time.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Ringside

Originally posted by Reizla I would certainly return to L2 if this happens. Sadly though, NCWest has on more than one occasion said it will never happen :(
    Here is the answer they just gave on Twitter on june 18th   Lineage II ?  

Your link is not rly showing aside from the whole L2 twitter feed ;)
    Correct link
    Sounds promising, but I'm not keeping my hopes up...

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207

Man! I am telling you. If they will open a Classic Server, I will be so happy. Plus, I am pretty sure that they will need to open more then 1 :)

BUT, I hope NcSoft will take care of EU players also , and not only NA. Nothing special against Innova, but I think NcSoft can handle better their own games.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Why wont they just do a major update like Goddess Of Destruction that brings back the old Lineage 2? Give us back Catacombs, Manor System, Crafting, Fishing and the original class skills. Lineage 2 has a huge open world that's not even being used. Revamp those areas with mobs and raids so people can again have a reason to explore and travel the world like we use to. If they did this pvp would return to its former glory and the game would be much better.

• IceDarkIceDark Member UncommonPosts: 207
    Originally posted by Jockan

Why wont they just do a major update like Goddess Of Destruction that brings back the old Lineage 2? Give us back Catacombs, Manor System, Crafting, Fishing and the original class skills. Lineage 2 has a huge open world that's not even being used. Revamp those areas with mobs and raids so people can again have a reason to explore and travel the world like we use to. If they did this pvp would return to its former glory and the game would be much better.

This is what they are trying to do, but the "evil" has been done. 

I agree 100% with you. L2 has a huge and open world, where since GoD, it's now useless. I remember back in the days, you had several spots to level / grind / etc in your range level and now you have ... what? several per total? 

That's why they opened the classic in Korea, and as far as I heard, after S grade update, they will go with updates. depending on what the community wants, which is a big plus for NcSoft from my point of view. 

I also believe that NcSoft will also open an EU/NA classic server in the next few months :)

I am kinda excited for this.