Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A year later..... you got to be kidding right?

2»

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by skeaser
    It could still be your connection or IE configuration but it's obvious you just want to rant and not fix it. It could be a bad hop between your ISP and the server, a DNS error, faulty security settings or a million and one things.

Don´t you think I have tried everything on my end to see if it is on my end?

First Things I always do, is rebooting my internet Connection, Clear my IE cache, Clear the DNS resolver cache and reboot my PC. Just to rule out these.

I don't think anything since you're ranting at people trying to help instead of working with them.

Did you delete FFXIV_BOOT.CFG in "C:UsersDocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn"?

Did you try changing your DNS?

Have you run a tracert?

Edit: Also, have you reset your IE settings to default?

The FFIXV launcher is basically a custom webbrowser. It connects to a https website and displays it in your launcher window.

It´s not a local login client like with other MMO´s, in which you log into and then your credentials are send over to a login server and validated.

With the FFXIV launcher you login through a https website.

So it´s much easier to see if it´s a problem on your end or on their end. And last night it was on their end, as I received specific HTTPS errors clicking on notice links within the launcher, that originated from their webserver.

The launcher website was extremely slow and unresponsive during that time when I reported the problem. It was a very obvious load issue with their web server.

You're only partially correct, it's not a custom browser but IE and just because it seems to be a load issue on your end doesn't mean it is. If a website is "slow" that doesn't always mean the server is pegged. For example, last night I could not get Imgur.com to load or it would take FOREVER for the server to respond. I changed my DNS from my ISP default to Google's and BAM, everything working smooth as butter.

If you are having issues with the launcher being slow/unresponsive during a time period where others are not odds are something is wrong with your config, your ISP, your DNS or a hop in between. The steps I listed will diagnose this 100% every time if it's you or SE. 

I understand how the launcher works, that's why I offered the solutions above. If you have no kidding completed the steps above and continue to have issues then the issue is with SE. I'm trying to save you the heartache of waiting on CS.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    It could still be your connection or IE configuration but it's obvious you just want to rant and not fix it. It could be a bad hop between your ISP and the server, a DNS error, faulty security settings or a million and one things.

Don´t you think I have tried everything on my end to see if it is on my end?

First Things I always do, is rebooting my internet Connection, Clear my IE cache, Clear the DNS resolver cache and reboot my PC. Just to rule out these.

I don't think anything since you're ranting at people trying to help instead of working with them.

Did you delete FFXIV_BOOT.CFG in "C:UsersDocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn"?

Did you try changing your DNS?

Have you run a tracert?

Edit: Also, have you reset your IE settings to default?

The FFIXV launcher is basically a custom webbrowser. It connects to a https website and displays it in your launcher window.

It´s not a local login client like with other MMO´s, in which you log into and then your credentials are send over to a login server and validated.

With the FFXIV launcher you login through a https website.

So it´s much easier to see if it´s a problem on your end or on their end. And last night it was on their end, as I received specific HTTPS errors clicking on notice links within the launcher, that originated from their webserver.

The launcher website was extremely slow and unresponsive during that time when I reported the problem. It was a very obvious load issue with their web server.

You're only partially correct, it's not a custom browser but IE and just because it seems to be a load issue on your end doesn't mean it is. If a website is "slow" that doesn't always mean the server is pegged. For example, last night I could not get Imgur.com to load or it would take FOREVER for the server to respond. I changed my DNS from my ISP default to Google's and BAM, everything working smooth as butter.

If you are having issues with the launcher being slow/unresponsive during a time period where others are not odds are something is wrong with your config, your ISP, your DNS or a hop in between. The steps I listed will diagnose this 100% every time if it's you or SE. 

I understand how the launcher works, that's why I offered the solutions above. If you have no kidding completed the steps above and continue to have issues then the issue is with SE. I'm trying to save you the heartache of waiting on CS.

Finally a constructive discussion about the actual issue :)

Next time when it happens, I will try change to a world DNS server and see what happens. Interesting to try at least and very quick and easy to do.

The issue was just for a couple hours, with obvious coincidence that it happened exactly during a period where two Continental peak times converge (Europe and US). Hence, why it indicated to me as a load issue. As I had no issues logging before that and now after it. I can log in again now without any problems.

And Yeah.... at least with these issues it´s pointless using their CS, as they hardly respond and if they do it´s days later. :(

/knock on Wood! I am glad I have never had any serious account related issues as some other people have had and spend weeks trying to resolve it.  /UGH

• Geebus80Geebus80 Member Posts: 92

Not trying to piss you off, just reporting my exp to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Have not had this issue since relaunch, asked my entire LS and not a single person has had this issue either, asked my friend in the UK and another in Canada if they have had it, no they have not nor do they know anyone in their servers that has had this issue.

Computer issues is all about deduction, you have to eliminate each possible cause of the issue one by one until you cant and then thats usually your bug.

Just based on the responses and all my questions I tend to think it is a problem on your end (not saying it for sure is, just deducing) either ISP/DNS isssue or PC itself, maybe dying router idk, but either way it is obviously a very rare problem and if it is SOE end they tend not to care and or fix or find solutions to very rare problems with specific users that cannot be reproduced by them.

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354
    you really got some weird situation. I never had this issue since forever and never read anywhere the past 6 month someone had it. I am sure there is something in your end or ISP or something...
  • BademBadem Member Posts: 830

You would thought that after a year they would have sorted out the load issues with their login servers during peak hours by now??

This dissabling the login button (With that I mean login button not reacting) in the launcher is starting to get really old! /facepalm

I could login earlier today and earlier this evening, but now it's high peak time.... we are back to where we were when I quit over 7 months ago.

Starting to regret resubbing again.... if I am still having to go through this crap of not being able to play half the time! /shrug

Strange, I am on one of the busiest EU servers and at peak time have no issues logging in via launched or world selection.

oh wait I told a lie, three days ago I had to wait a whole 30 seconds as there was 1 person ahead of me in the queue during log in...

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Had this error once and i remenber i used google to solve it but it was something on my end.
  • BensorBensor Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Dude, your problem is called "firewall". Each time I couldn't connect to a game, it was one of  my firewall fault  (Windows, AVAST or AVIRA. Rarely my router's)
    Originally posted by Bensor
    Dude, your problem is called "firewall". Each time I couldn't connect to a game, it was one of  my firewall fault  (Windows, AVAST or AVIRA. Rarely my router's)

Please kindly go read on how a Firewall works. Then come back to me.

A Firewall either blocks or it doesn't, when you have opened the necessary Application/ports.

A Firewall doesn't just decide to let an Application through most of the day and then suddenly decides to Block Your Application at 10PM in the evening for shit and giggles.

AntiVirus however can definetely cause problems, but again very obvious. I use Windows Defender/Security Essentials for years and since then never had these kind of issues.

Before that I used Avast and never had such issues either, as long as you properly configure your Anti-Virus.

Originally posted by Badem

You would thought that after a year they would have sorted out the load issues with their login servers during peak hours by now??

This dissabling the login button (With that I mean login button not reacting) in the launcher is starting to get really old! /facepalm

I could login earlier today and earlier this evening, but now it's high peak time.... we are back to where we were when I quit over 7 months ago.

Starting to regret resubbing again.... if I am still having to go through this crap of not being able to play half the time! /shrug

Strange, I am on one of the busiest EU servers and at peak time have no issues logging in via launched or world selection.

oh wait I told a lie, three days ago I had to wait a whole 30 seconds as there was 1 person ahead of me in the queue during log in...

/SIGH it was a launcher problem and NOT a game server problem. I am on Balmung, which is also a full server and never have any Queues when I play during EU primetime.

The launcher issue was at the end of EU prime time and beginning of US primetime, around 10:30 - 11:30 PM CET last night.

This morning everything was fine again.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by JOverlord
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    I've never had this problem and I play during peak time for North America.  Maybe it's something on your end?  Internet connection, need to update your Internet Explorer?  (the launcher is based off of IE)

It's not on my end. I am posting here right now am I not?

I can log into Wildstar, EQ2, Landmark, Marvel Heroes, Battle.net right now. Just tested it.

I could log into FFXIV just fine 3 hours ago and several times earlier today. Just took a 2 hour break and tried to get back in now.

It was the same crap last year until I quit 7 months ago. Back then it was a known issue related to load. Many People experienced it.

I had hoped that almost a year after ARR launch these load issues would have been fixed. /shrug

Why dont you send them an email? You are probably missing something which is why you are having a problem logging in. We are not tech support we cant help you.

I take it you never tried Square Enix support before?  Let's just say I hope you never have to. lol.

No point.... by the time they respond......... IF they respond.... it will be days later. /shrug

So wait. Instead of contacting them and waiting a few days you would rather just never have this issue resolved and complain to us? Yeah, sorry. This is your fault. 

Originally posted by atticusbc
    I've never had this problem and I play during peak time for North America.  Maybe it's something on your end?  Internet connection, need to update your Internet Explorer?  (the launcher is based off of IE)

I can log into Wildstar, EQ2, Landmark, Marvel Heroes, Battle.net right now. Just tested it.

I could log into FFXIV just fine 3 hours ago and several times earlier today. Just took a 2 hour break and tried to get back in now.

It was the same crap last year until I quit 7 months ago. Back then it was a known issue related to load. Many People experienced it.

I had hoped that almost a year after ARR launch these load issues would have been fixed. /shrug

Why dont you send them an email? You are probably missing something which is why you are having a problem logging in. We are not tech support we cant help you.

I take it you never tried Square Enix support before?  Let's just say I hope you never have to. lol.

No point.... by the time they respond......... IF they respond.... it will be days later. /shrug

So wait. Instead of contacting them and waiting a few days you would rather just never have this issue resolved and complain to us? Yeah, sorry. This is your fault. 

This issue isn't permanent. It only happens during converging peak times (which is late evening for me). /sigh

They know about it, as the put up notices regularly about crashing servers, login issues, etc.

All I said in my OP, is that I am dissapointed to see these issues still happening a year later. That's all!

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by atticusbc

This issue isn't permanent. It only happens during converging peak times (which is late evening for me). /sigh

They know about it, as the put up notices regularly about crashing servers, login issues, etc.

All I said in my OP, is that I am dissapointed to see these issues still happening a year later. That's all!

You're teh only person I've heard have this problem.  It could be something with your ISP or other local issues.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Think you came to the wrong forums.  Would have made much more sense to post this in the official forums....especially since nobody here seems to have this issue.
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Email support.  I know someone already said that and you came back and said support sucks and you'd have to wait two days for a reply, but had you done that 7 months ago you'd (probably) be fixed by now.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by p4ttythep3rf3ct
    Email support.  I know someone already said that and you came back and said support sucks and you'd have to wait two days for a reply, but had you done that 7 months ago you'd (probably) be fixed by now.

I agree, instead of telling everyone who does try to help you they are wrong just leave these forums, submit a support ticket and work with them to fix the problem.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by cerulean2012

I agree, instead of telling everyone who does try to help you they are wrong just leave these forums, submit a support ticket and work with them to fix the problem.

This.

Also, just to add to the chain, I haven't experienced login issues for FFXIV since 2013. I play during NA primetime.

<3

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Originally posted by cerulean2012

This.

Also, just to add to the chain, I haven't experienced login issues for FFXIV since 2013. I play during NA primetime.

Same with me. NA east coast. Never a problem. Well at launch but that was expected.

• perran7691perran7691 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I had a similar issue when I started playing. I ended up manually changing my IP address and it fixed my issue.