Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A year later..... you got to be kidding right?

JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

You would thought that after a year they would have sorted out the load issues with their login servers during peak hours by now??

This dissabling the login button (With that I mean login button not reacting) in the launcher is starting to get really old! /facepalm

I could login earlier today and earlier this evening, but now it's high peak time.... we are back to where we were when I quit over 7 months ago.

Starting to regret resubbing again.... if I am still having to go through this crap of not being able to play half the time! /shrug

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by JeroKane

You would thought that after a year they would have sorted out the load issues with their login servers during peak hours by now??

This dissabling the login button (With that I mean login button not reacting) in the launcher is starting to get really old! /facepalm

I could login earlier today and earlier this evening, but now it's high peak time.... we are back to where we were when I quit over 7 months ago.

Starting to regret resubbing again.... if I am still having to go through this crap of not being able to play half the time! /shrug

yes, the game is still very popular 10 months after release.

You can try to transfer to a low populated server or a medium populated one.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by ZizouX

yes, the game is still very popular 10 months after release.

You can try to transfer to a low populated server or a medium populated one.

And how has that to do with the launcher? Did you even read my post?

I can't even log into the game! /facepalm

And for People that don't know. The entire launcher is basically a browser that loads a https webpage. So this login webpage is still a joke a year later and choking up!

And I don't care that 10 months later the game is still popular!

I expect these simple load issues at launch, but not 10 months later! This should have been fixed by now! /shrug

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I've never had this problem and I play during peak time for North America.  Maybe it's something on your end?  Internet connection, need to update your Internet Explorer?  (the launcher is based off of IE)
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    I've never had this problem and I play during peak time for North America.  Maybe it's something on your end?  Internet connection, need to update your Internet Explorer?  (the launcher is based off of IE)

It's not on my end. I am posting here right now am I not?

I can log into Wildstar, EQ2, Landmark, Marvel Heroes, Battle.net right now. Just tested it.

I could log into FFXIV just fine 3 hours ago and several times earlier today. Just took a 2 hour break and tried to get back in now.

It was the same crap last year until I quit 7 months ago. Back then it was a known issue related to load. Many People experienced it.

I had hoped that almost a year after ARR launch these load issues would have been fixed. /shrug

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

I can log into Wildstar, EQ2, Landmark, Marvel Heroes, Battle.net right now. Just tested it.

I could log into FFXIV just fine 3 hours ago and several times earlier today. Just took a 2 hour break and tried to get back in now.

I dont have this issue ether. If your on a popular server it is not the log in server but the server itself needing to put you in to line with others. its like waiting at the DMV you get in line and wait. I can log in to cactar with no issues any time of the day. I can also log in to gilgamesh without issue. so i do not know what to tell you other then transfer to a lower pop server or perhaps wait like everyone else. heck even WS has ques on a couple of the servers. As for not being able to log in IF you look on the main server status page the log in is down atm >>.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132

It was the same crap last year until I quit 7 months ago. Back then it was a known issue related to load. Many People experienced it.

I had hoped that almost a year after ARR launch these load issues would have been fixed. /shrug

Why dont you send them an email? You are probably missing something which is why you are having a problem logging in. We are not tech support we cant help you.

Originally posted by jircris

I dont have this issue ether. If your on a popular server it is not the log in server but the server itself needing to put you in to line with others. its like waiting at the DMV you get in line and wait. I can log in to cactar with no issues any time of the day. I can also log in to gilgamesh without issue. so i do not know what to tell you other then transfer to a lower pop server or perhaps wait like everyone else. heck even WS has ques on a couple of the servers. As for not being able to log in IF you look on the main server status page the log in is down atm >>.

AGAIN! It has NOTHING to do with the game servers!  /SIGH

That is a completely different problem and my server is not full, so as long as I can log in I can always get into my server.

The problem is with the launcher!  And like you said..... appearently it's down. I checked the status page earlier and nothing was there. So they must have just put the notice up a couple mins ago.

So again..... same ol' same ol' with launcher issues. lol. Heh.

Originally posted by JOverlord

Why dont you send them an email? You are probably missing something which is why you are having a problem logging in. We are not tech support we cant help you.

I take it you never tried Square Enix support before?  Let's just say I hope you never have to. lol.

No point.... by the time they respond......... IF they respond.... it will be days later. /shrug

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Haven't had this problem since they fixed it some time ago.  Nor have I ever heard a complaint about it until just now (spoke to LS / FC / Friends about this once I read to the post to see if it was true and what they did to remedy the situation).  There is always the possibility that it is on your end (and and equal amount that it is not); using the excuse "I can play on other games" holds no merit on games with servers.  There are too many factors that make it an invalid assertion.

For instance, there was a case a few weeks ago whereby the entire west coast was getting constant disconnects.  This was caused not by Square's servers, but the infrastructure people were using.  Somewhere along the line the ISP was dropping packets before it even arrived at Square's servers.  This was circumvented by using a VPN and, as a result, showed a lot of people that it was a problem either on their end or with the ISP (or the way internet is set up in your place of residence).

Is this the first time you've experienced this since launch?  Has it been going on repeatedly?  Might this be just lashing out for a lone incident that hasn't plagued you for some time (if the fault is on Square's shoulders)?  You'd likely be better servers asking a question on reddit without being so hostile to the game in general (as that will only solicit things the opposite of what you need: answers and help).  I know that frustration oft blinds one to what they are saying, though writing in a more amicable manner usually gets these things fixed faster; that's why it's also a good idea to wait a day or two and see if it happens multiple times before posting, so that it's on a more cool-headed level.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Haven't had this problem since they fixed it some time ago.  Nor have I ever heard a complaint about it until just now (spoke to LS / FC / Friends about this once I read to the post to see if it was true and what they did to remedy the situation).  There is always the possibility that it is on your end (and and equal amount that it is not); using the excuse "I can play on other games" holds no merit on games with servers.  There are too many factors that make it an invalid assertion.

For instance, there was a case a few weeks ago whereby the entire west coast was getting constant disconnects.  This was caused not by Square's servers, but the infrastructure people were using.  Somewhere along the line the ISP was dropping packets before it even arrived at Square's servers.  This was circumvented by using a VPN and, as a result, showed a lot of people that it was a problem either on their end or with the ISP (or the way internet is set up in your place of residence).

Is this the first time you've experienced this since launch?  Has it been going on repeatedly?  Might this be just lashing out for a lone incident that hasn't plagued you for some time (if the fault is on Square's shoulders)?  You'd likely be better servers asking a question on reddit without being so hostile to the game in general (as that will only solicit things the opposite of what you need: answers and help).  I know that frustration oft blinds one to what they are saying, though writing in a more amicable manner usually gets these things fixed faster; that's why it's also a good idea to wait a day or two and see if it happens multiple times before posting, so that it's on a more cool-headed level.

Very well said, my friend is on west coast and had this issue. but other then the issue a couple weeks ago he nor i have had any issue since they reported it resolved.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

I am not hostile, but closely getting it, when People immediately start jumping on the SE defense bandwagon.

It´s always the same thing with every game, where people feel the need to troll a critical topic.

I don´t have the problem, so then it´s automatically your fault!

Or people that don´t even bother to read the OP and start talking about completely unrelated problems, like telling me to switch servers and such. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.  /shrug

This problem last night was a clear load issue with the Launcher. As it loads all the contents of the launcher, but extremely slow and then it´s unresponsive of exremely slow. It also started throwing HTTPS errors, which weren´t connection errors, but errors thrown by their web server(s) itself.

I could also at the same time reach their Lodestone website and forums without any problems.

It´s exactly like it was after launch. But then it was indeed worse, as it was on each peak time, now it seems to happen when two peak times overlap. (this case the end of EU peak time and the beginning of US peak time)

I was just very dissapointed to see this problem pop up again almost a year later. Hoping it would have been resolved now.

That´s all.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    I have been playing since rerelease and havent seen this issue either. Its possible that it is on their end but its just as possible it is on your end as well. Several years ago I had an mmo that I could log in and would immediately get disconnected. I had several other ones that worked perfectly fine so I was convinced it was on their end. Its possible it was but it turned out that the game didnt like my network card driver. I had to revert to a much older version and then it played fine. So again, it might be them but considering the sheer amount of people that play without this problem, It is more possible that its something with your setup. Good luck on fixing it, I know how frustrating those problems can be.
  • KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

Perhaps they defend it because of your overdramatic reaction to something that is rarely an issue anymore.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    It could still be your connection or IE configuration but it's obvious you just want to rant and not fix it. It could be a bad hop between your ISP and the server, a DNS error, faulty security settings or a million and one things.
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Originally posted by DoomsDay01
    I have been playing since rerelease and havent seen this issue either. Its possible that it is on there end but its just as possible it is on your end as well. Several years ago I had an mmo that I could log in and would immediately get disconnected. I had several other ones that worked perfectly fine so I was convinced it was on their end. Its possible it was but it turned out that the game didnt like my network card driver. I had to revert to a much older version and then it played fine. So again, it might be them but considering the sheer amount of people that play without this problem, It is more possible that its something with your setup. Good luck on fixing it, I know how frustrating those problems can be,

If it´s an issue on my PC, I could not log in at all, no matter the time of day. Not until I would resolve such an issue on my PC.

As I said I could log on just 3 hours before it and throughout the rest of the day. And as matter of fact, I can login again right now.

I analyzed the problem, together with the type of HTTP(S) errors the launcher was throwing at me, indicated a problem on their end.

And as another poster already posted earlier in the topic, SE appearently put up a notice shortly after that there was indeed a problem with LOGIN. So there we go. What are we debating again?

PS. And when it comes to ISP problems, which I have experienced before, tho luckily here in Norway they are very rare, they are pretty obvious.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    I do not know what to tell you other than that it has been working without issue for me.
    Originally posted by skeaser
    It could still be your connection or IE configuration but it's obvious you just want to rant and not fix it. It could be a bad hop between your ISP and the server, a DNS error, faulty security settings or a million and one things.

Don´t you think I have tried everything on my end to see if it is on my end?

First Things I always do, is rebooting my internet Connection, Clear my IE cache, Clear the DNS resolver cache and reboot my PC. Just to rule out these.

Look everyone has given you every possible situation that would make it so you had this issue and yet none of us have. in fact i logged off and on 10 times today with no issue. If you can not accept the responses then i do not know what to tell you. None of us are defending SE at all we are telling you that it has ben fixed, as confermed by many people.

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Jero, people are just letting you know they don't have an issue and are trying to suggest possible problems, but you are 100% sure it is SEs problem.

Like someone said send in a support ticket, they are not going to know you have an issue by posting on here.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I've been playing a ton recently since I resubbed and haven't encountered this issue once since launch day. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

First Things I always do, is rebooting my internet Connection, Clear my IE cache, Clear the DNS resolver cache and reboot my PC. Just to rule out these.

I don't think anything since you're ranting at people trying to help instead of working with them.

Did you delete FFXIV_BOOT.CFG in "C:UsersDocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn"?

Did you try changing your DNS?

Have you run a tracert?

Edit: Also, have you reset your IE settings to default?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Look everyone has given you every possible situation that would make it so you had this issue and yet none of us have. in fact i logged off and on 10 times today with no issue. If you can not accept the responses then i do not know what to tell you. None of us are defending SE at all we are telling you that it has ben fixed, as confermed by many people.

Did you try to log in exactly at the same time when I reported the problem?

No you did not! In fact, If you did you would be lying. As AGAIN, the LOGIN was down during the time I reported the issue. Another poster confirmed it shortly after. /sigh

I could log in before too and can login again without a single issue right now. I just checked!

Tjeez man, have you actually bothered reading my OP and the time I posted it?  I have been to bed and sleeping in meantime.

It´s almost 10 hours later after I posted my first post. It´s 08:53 in the morning now here. /shrug

PS. And I appreciate when people are helpfull and post constructive posts that are actually related to the issue at hand.

Just posting that "I can login every day and did so yesterday (or earlier this day), so it´s your end!" isn´t constructive, especially when they aren´t even trying to login at the same time when I posted the issue. Because I could log in without issues earlier throughout that day too. 

Posting about a completely unrelated issue, like telling me to switch servers isn´t constructive either, as it´s completely unrelated. /sigh

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Did you try to log in exactly at the same time when I reported the problem?

No you did not! In fact, If you did you would be lying. As AGAIN, the LOGIN was down during the time I reported the issue. Another poster confirmed it shortly after. /sigh

I could log in before too and can login again without a single issue right now. I just checked!

Tjeez man, have you actually bothered reading my OP and the time I posted it?  I have been to bed and sleeping in meantime.

It´s almost 10 hours later after I posted my first post. It´s 08:53 in the morning now here. /shrug

PS. And I appreciate when people are helpfull and post constructive posts that are actually related to the issue at hand.

Just posting that "I can login every day and did so yesterday (or earlier this day), so it´s your end!" isn´t constructive, especially when they aren´t even trying to login at the same time when I posted the issue. Because I could log in without issues earlier throughout that day too. 

Posting about a completely unrelated issue, like telling me to switch servers isn´t constructive either, as it´s completely unrelated. /sigh

So the truth isn't constructive is what you're saying? The fact of the matter is that you're the only one here having the problem, and quite possibly one of the only ones with the game that has the problem.  I would reinstall your launcher or file a ticket you're not going to gain anything by writing nonsense here because we aren't having this issue.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

yes IM the poster who told you it was down >> You come here and flame they very people who are ATTEMPTING to help you. if you continue then no one will take you seriously and instead will just flame you back. I hope you get it fixed but honestly, your acting like a child and i don't deal with immature little kids who cant see that the community is attempting to help them. Something that is rare for mmorpg.com mind you.

I don't think anything since you're ranting at people trying to help instead of working with them.

Did you delete FFXIV_BOOT.CFG in "C:UsersDocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn"?

Did you try changing your DNS?

Have you run a tracert?

Edit: Also, have you reset your IE settings to default?

The FFIXV launcher is basically a custom webbrowser. It connects to a https website and displays it in your launcher window.

It´s not a local login client like with other MMO´s, in which you log into and then your credentials are send over to a login server and validated.

With the FFXIV launcher you login through a https website.

So it´s much easier to see if it´s a problem on your end or on their end. And last night it was on their end, as I received specific HTTPS errors clicking on notice links within the launcher, that originated from their webserver.

The launcher website was extremely slow and unresponsive during that time when I reported the problem. It was a very obvious load issue with their web server.