Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bought FFXIV in the steam sale

2»

Comments

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I recently came back after a few months off and playing different MMOs. I finally subbed to WoW and enjoyed it for a bit, but this game kept pulling me back. Finally jumped back on and bought the PS3 version (will go to PS4 when I get it) and I'm loving it once again!
  • GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    Been playing since beta, the game has maintained it's population for the entire 10 months it has been out. My server still gets locked constantly for new characters
  • GravehillGravehill Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by M4ko
    Originally posted by Gennerall
    Enjoying it more than any mmo i've played recently and definitely more than wildstar. curious to see whether many people pick it up because of the sale I just hope to see the game maintaining its population i guess

How can you knowingly buy an MMORPG when it's been out for a while already? I mean i know how, I just dont see why peopel waste time on MMOS if they are not striving for something while playing them.

What? If you're having fun it isn't a waste of time.

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by Gennerall
    Enjoying it more than any mmo i've played recently and definitely more than wildstar. curious to see whether many people pick it up because of the sale I just hope to see the game maintaining its population i guess

Amazon had the same game with free 30 days and all at amazon for 12.99$

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by reploidx
    I recently came back after a few months off and playing different MMOs. I finally subbed to WoW and enjoyed it for a bit, but this game kept pulling me back. Finally jumped back on and bought the PS3 version (will go to PS4 when I get it) and I'm loving it once again!

Hey, just a heads up, when you go to do the free upgrade for PS4, your PS3 copy will no longer work. I did'nt read the fine print and my roommate was sharing my account on his PS3, me on PC, and I went to sub and did the free upgrade and now he can't play LMAO.

Not a big deal unless you have a buddy who has a PS3 and you let them DL and play the game when your not on.

No skin off my back........now I just need a PS4 to take advantage of the upgrade.......still....PC is way better lol.

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Last night I logged in to find I was in a queue ^^. So maybe the Steam sale and people leaving ESO & Wildstar has given this game a boost, also the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade . I bought the PS3 version for £3.75 from Amazon, linked it to my PC account then did the free PS4 upgrade. It gave me 30 days play and let me keep the collectors version on the PS4 for half the price of a monthly sub.
  • iftachbyiftachby Member UncommonPosts: 33

I just bought the game off Steam for $12.50.

Even if i just get a months worth out of it its money well spent IMO.

Here's hoping I get more than 1 month :)

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    It's probably the best theme park game you can play nowadays, and one I enjoy going back to from time to time. Glad you are having fun OP.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Badem
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Badem

Factor in 2.3 release in 3 weeks, meaning players buying during the sale will get to experience that update as well (Ninja and Rogue being released)

Well actually rogue/ninja isn't coming out in 2.3 it's coming out in 2.4.

But 2.3 is still out July 8th?

Guess it is a 6 week wait for NIN/ROG then

The sad part is 2.4 comes out 3 months after 2.3. :(

I think the 2.4 patch will be a draw for players to return, but they don't need to purchase a box. Just re-sub. I'm generally very hesitant and picky, so I'm guessing most people who aren't me that kept tabs on FFXIV have either removed it from consideration or purchased it by now. The deal on Steam didn't reach the top 100 sellers list from what I saw, although I admittedly didn't check until late last night.

I don't think the game really needs the help - my original post may have come off as a ARR-hater. I'm certainly not that. I spent a couple hours (while doing other things) considering it, but ultimately decided it wasn't the right time for me. I just keep having other games higher on my priority list - none of which are MMOs currently. Maybe the winter sale.

- Nellus