Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is the dark and light E3 2005 news article?

MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

I know you guys stopped by an interviewed them and looked at the game.

So, where is it?

I find it a little disturbing that you only reported on the top4 or so big money game companies, and totally skipped doing articles on some of the smaller ones.

::::03::

----------
"Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Comments

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

<boggle>

I find it a little disturbing that you only reported on the top4 or so big money game compinies, and totaly skiped doing articles on some of the smaller ones.

I'm sure the following games/companies will be quite pleased to know they're now one of the "top4 or so big money game compinies"....

RYL: Path of the Emperor : E3 2005 Preview!

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes : Our E3 2005 Preview

MMORPG.COM News : Visiting The FunCom Booth

Hero's Journey : Hero's Journey E3 Preview

Pirates of the Burning Sea : Our E3 Preview

The Saga of Ryzom : New Expansion - "Ryzom Ring"

Yeah, we went by the DnL booth and I'm sure we'll have something up about it before too long more than likely. We hit every MMORPG related booth at the place, some multiple times, and sometimes we even met with developers who didn't even have booths at E3 but made the trip anyway (We met with the Fallen Earth guys outside and spent well over an hour in the blistering heat picking them for information for you guys). All I can say is some companies were better about giving us info and stuff making our jobs easier and making it easier to get the articles posted in a timely manner, other companies weren't as easy to work with and didn't give us as much to work with as far as the articles go.

But to accuse us of showing favoritism to the "big money game companies" when evidence to the contrary is staring you right in the face (if your claims were the case where's the Blizzard article? where's the SOE article? the NCsoft one?) well thats just a low blow and really unfair to those of us who were out their busting our asses trying to provide you guys with the best coverage we could instead of visiting the booths we wanted to see for our own personal enjoyment (for example it'd have been really nice to have had time to get into the Xbox booth and get my hands on a 360, but I was far too busy).

Oh, and for the record, its right HERE.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Well, i apologize. But currently those games you have done the news articles on have been getting all the press. And i was under the impression that this site was not biased in there reviews, This is why i am surprised that your most hyped game did not get a review at e3 yet.The same 4 or so games as basicly been syndicated across all the game review/news sites. I come to this site becouse you do articles on games that most sites let fall under the radar.

What led me to this conclusion is that your "awards" seem to be slanted to the larger more established companies, and you have only a few articles on some of the larger companies. Its just my opinion.

But i will continue to read your site, as i do love the articles, but i was just looking froward to seeing some coverage of some of the lesser known and least covered games that were there.

Thanks for your time, i look forward to that article.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433
    Vanguard is with Microsoft however!  I assume it is the counter exemple!  image

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Well Microsoft is just publishing it, Sigil is developing it and even tho they have some HUGE names on the development team they still haven't established themselves as one of the "top4 big money game companies" in my mind, we'll have to wait to see how Vanguard does really, tho I have no doubt it'll do amazingly well.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Exelent review BTW thank you, this is the type of news i come to expect from you guys ::::28::

----------

How are you?" -Me