Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trinity, PvE group based MMO?

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

Heya!

Let me make it super easy by listing the wanted features:

- Clear and defined Trinity system

- PvE oriented. PvP bores me

- Dungeon / Instances oriented. Meaning lots of them, and doing them is a valid way to level (Thanks, FFXIV)

- Excellent party finder system, to quickly jump into action

- Best if Sci-Fi

- Would like non-static combat (unlike WoW/Rift), but not as crazy moving like GW2

- F2P, Sub, Freemium, all might work

- No normal grinding. I don't mind quest grinding or dungeon, but mob grinding is too much for me

- Standalone, not browser

- Kinda pretty looking, so nothing too old or sprite-based

- High levels of customization

- More than just one rotation. Looking at you, TSW

Games I've played recently and are not my cup of tea and why:

Wildstar (dungeons don't matter for levelling, quests are boring, game too new)

Tera (healing is a chore in that game, too much action-based)

EVE (too much of a timesink to be efficient)

GW2 (no trinity)

FFXIV (several jobs at ilvl 80+, waiting for expansion for more content, one of the greatest games I've played)

ESO (pure buggy mess and very boring)

Comments

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Jaldren

Heya!

Let me make it super easy by listing the wanted features:

- Clear and defined Trinity system

- PvE oriented. PvP bores me

- Dungeon / Instances oriented

- Excellent party finder system, to quickly jump into action

- Best if Sci-Fi

- Would like non-static combat (unlike WoW/Rift), but not as crazy moving like GW2

- F2P, Sub, Freemium, all might work

- No normal grinding. I don't mind quest grinding or dungeon, but mob grinding is too much for me

- Standalone, not browser

- Kinda pretty looking, so nothing too old or sprite-based

- High levels of customization

- More than just one rotation. Looking at you, TSW

Games I've played recently and are not my cup of tea and why:

Wildstar (dungeons don't matter for levelling, quests are boring, game too new)

Tera (healing is a chore in that game, too much action-based)

EVE (too much of a timesink to be efficient)

GW2 (no trinity)

FFXIV (several jobs at ilvl 80+, waiting for expansion for more content, one of the greatest games I've played)

ESO (pure buggy mess and very boring)

You basically eliminated every MMO out there right now that is PVE focused with a party finder so I can't help you.  Though I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind FFXIV:ARR, you're waiting for more content but have ilvl 80+ characters which is pretty low considering there is ilvl 95-115 gear out there now from new content and ilvl 90 gear has been in the game since launch. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• gogogo271gogogo271 Member UncommonPosts: 24

No swtor in your list?

- Clear and defined Trinity system : yes

- PvE oriented. PvP bores me : yes

- Dungeon / Instances oriented : yes, first dungeon at lvl 10 so very fast

- Excellent party finder system, to quickly jump into action : they have improved it recentrly

- Best if Sci-Fi : yes

- Would like non-static combat (unlike WoW/Rift), but not as crazy moving like GW2 : some boss recquires this

- F2P, Sub, Freemium, all might work : f2p, but must pay for high content

- No normal grinding. I don't mind quest grinding or dungeon, but mob grinding is too much for me : quest or instance grinding

- Standalone, not browser : yes

- Kinda pretty looking, so nothing too old or sprite-based : still looking good

- High levels of customization : you can customize everything in swtor

- More than just one rotation. Looking at you, TSW : don't understand that point ^^

• JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    You basically eliminated every MMO out there right now that is PVE focused with a party finder so I can't help you.  Though I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind FFXIV:ARR, you're waiting for more content but have ilvl 80+ characters which is pretty low considering there is ilvl 95-115 gear out there now from new content and ilvl 90 gear has been in the game since launch. 

What PvE games you think fit the closest though?

And what don't you understand about my reasoning behind FFXIV:ARR? I have a WHM 92, SCH 98, WAR 89 and others, really don't see the point of farming levi mirrors or second coil endelssly

Originally posted by gogogo271

No swtor in your list?

- Clear and defined Trinity system : yes

- PvE oriented. PvP bores me : yes

- Dungeon / Instances oriented : yes, first dungeon at lvl 10 so very fast

- Excellent party finder system, to quickly jump into action : they have improved it recentrly

- Best if Sci-Fi : yes

- Would like non-static combat (unlike WoW/Rift), but not as crazy moving like GW2 : some boss recquires this

- F2P, Sub, Freemium, all might work : f2p, but must pay for high content

- No normal grinding. I don't mind quest grinding or dungeon, but mob grinding is too much for me : quest or instance grinding

- Standalone, not browser : yes

- Kinda pretty looking, so nothing too old or sprite-based : still looking good

- High levels of customization : you can customize everything in swtor

- More than just one rotation. Looking at you, TSW : don't understand that point ^^

Forgot mentioning SWTOR. Love it for the first 2-3 months, had a great healer in there. After it went F2P and started having expansions, everything feels like it dropped and felt generic. Also, the main issue I had with the game is that there are WAY too many skills. Hotbars end up being a mess, like in WoW or EQ2. Has the game got any better in the last few months?

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Jaldren
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

What PvE games you think fit the closest though?

And what don't you understand about my reasoning behind FFXIV:ARR? I have a WHM 92, SCH 98, WAR 89 and others, really don't see the point of farming levi mirrors or second coil endelssly

I'm not sure. My immediate suggestions based on the preferences you listed would be FFXIV and perhaps SWTOR both of which you eliminated, though I quit swtor as soon as it went f2p and haven't played since.  Unfortunately this expansion WoW has lacked end game dungeon content on a whole new level or I would throw that in there too.  

Oh and fair enough, I am really tired and processed that thinking you had an ilvl of 80.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Is Rift a possibility?