It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
My personal take on Wildstar issues, so don't get offended (you probably will) but here we go.
I have played many many MMOs as I am sure we all have here, so I hope my opinions will have some merit and hopefully some will be implemented by Carbine.
1. Quests, there was a post recently about cutscenes, I think that is a great Idea and this game needs more of them. People mentioned that they "take you out of the world", correct they do, but due to hardly any voice-acting or any sort of Skyrim-Esque npc interaction, I think this game could do well with cutscenes, much the way FFXIV does them.
Not enough "public events" either. Rift still holds the crown in terms of bringing the people in a zone together for a common cause, and I think other games could learn something from that. Truly what better way to make the world come alive and become "massively multiplayer"
2. Dungeons: Nerf them OR make them more rewarding. Personally I would like to see them nerfed, maybe 75-80% of the current difficulty. BUT give people more rewards for performing better such as finishing under a certain time, no deaths, no wipes, etc. Make the rewards better for groups who succeed, but don't make it impossible for casuals or first timers. Save that kind of difficulty for endgame (where all of the elitist/hardcore people will make it to eventually anyway). Right now they are just scaring people off, including myself. If they got rid of the Trinity system , that would be another idea. I wouldn't mind tackling a dungeon in the current difficulty for 1-2 hours if I thought we could easily replace people who leave group.
3. Combat: Not much they can change here, but I have come to realize I prefer free aiming such as used with TERA and ESO to the telegraph system. I actually think Tab Target could work in this game, though I am sure it won't happen. In PvP I often feel like I want to tab target a player and get into a pure ability war with them rather then this jumping around, left/right aiming war.
4. PvP is fun, no real issues here. I wanted to try warplots but I doubt I will make it that far.
5. Leveling Options: It all comes back to Questing. You can PvP to level but this slows down later in the game, and also you do need to do your path missions which require quests. Dungeons are not a viable way to level currently which is a shame. I loved leveling Alts in WoW just by pure dungeon running, I wish WS was the same. Big turnoff here for me.
6. Graphics/Optimization: I like the Cartoon art style, although I didn't think I would. I think the game needs to run better, but not a gamebreaker by any means. Telegraphs are ugly though, and I find myself looking at the ground more often then I would like and the floor is filled with telegraphs much of the time.
7. Housing: its cool, I wish it wasn't semi-required though. Housing is never a selling point for me on any MMO.
8 Crafting, I don't do it, so I can't comment.
That is my review/commentary. I hope this game survives, but I personally won't play unless a few of these are changed. I think the game is a great start, but I worry about its lasting power.