It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have been playing FFXIV since launch and thought it was about time to do a review of my own:
1. Graphics 9, I think most people would agree this is very awsome unless you hate anime style graphic.
2. Story 8, The story certainly isn't the best FF story but for an MMO its quite good and has depth in the story, in the memorable characters you meet and is also very well written. My only problem is that some of the voice acting is very mediocre.
3. Gameplay 7, Battle is pretty average and par for the course. They have a good thing going with the balance of it but they could do a little more in my opinion. I think giving more cross class abilities would help for starters.
4. Content and Endgame 8, This game has a ton of content to try, beast tribe dailies, treasure maps, leves, dungeons, raids, guldhests, the logs like hunting and so on, retainer missions, fates, main story, side stories, pvp, as well as regular questing. The only reason I don't give it a ten is because endgame progression is to linear and could use some horizontal style progression.
5. Crafting and gathering 8, You can have fun and make alot of gil from this robust and very well implemented crafting system it's just a shame they can't make gear closer to par with the end game gear.
Closing thoughts: This game isn't without it's problems but scores a solid 8 in my book and definitely worth a try and with 2.3 just around the corner bringing Bounty hunts Yoshi's version of NM's, front line pvp, chocobo raising, and all the other stuff you expect I feel the game will just get better and better over time.